• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about rumors?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Rumors can be anything from personal life among friends or strangers, to even rumors like leaks from media.

I've lost a friend because of rumors. Kinda wish people would stop spreading them, even if it was just told to 1 person.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I never believe them until they are legitimately confirmed by valid proof or the word of the person that the rumor is about.

When I was in high school people tried painting me as some scandalous *****. Why? Because I lost my virginity to a popular guy that I was dating for over eight months. I was 16. There were people spreading it that hooked up with more than one guy sooner than I even kissed somebody for the first time.

It didn't last, because I found it both hilarious and absurd. So did he.

Jealousy is a very nasty thing, and it won't go away anytime soon. The best a person could do is laugh in its face.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • It depends. Personal rumors about friends or whatsoever will be ignored, or not believed unless I get more information.

But for rumors such as game rumors (ORAS) or device rumors (I'm looking at you, iPhone 6), it can be really fun to discuss about it with an interest group.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Rumors were never really a thing with me. Nobody really ever talked about me. At least to my knowledge. Except that I was gay, which when I was in high school they did that to pretty much everybody.

Sirfetch’d

Rumors are just rumors and there is really nothing to them. There were a few spread about me throughout my life but I was never really bothered by them. I knew they weren't true and could care less if anyone else believed them. I was never one to spread them either. I may have talked about a few by accident, but who hasn't tbh?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    i think rumours are excellent despite the fact the actual definition of a rumour is hearsay based on little evidence yep don't see any reason anyone would disagree with it

do you have any fun rumours to share with us dawn defect?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    do you have any fun rumours to share with us dawn defect?

None that would be considered fun and none that I would like to specify in further detail. I do however dislike rumors when it comes to talking about other people when there's little to no credibility or respect for privacy. Rumors about movies or video games is fine with me, makes me more excited.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm tired of rumors starting
    I'm sick of being followed
    I'm tired of people lying
    Saying what they want about me
    Why can't they back up off me
    Why can't they let me live
    I'm gonna do it my way
    Take this for just what it is

cookies if you know this song, even though it's like what...10 years old now.

In all seriousness, rumors suck and I don't trust them unless there is a confirmed, reliable source. Don't trust anything unless it is true.

I remember in 8th grade I spreaded a rumor about a girl I hated, telling everyone she and her sister were witches. It's a long story and I'd rather stop right there.

Years
  • Sometimes I like to start rumours about things that would be awesome, just to see if the right people decide to take those rumours seriously. For example, I've been trying to tell people that Captain N is planned for the new Smash Bros. Now to wait until Nintendo catches wind...

Years
  • Gossiping is a pretty unbecoming trait in many people. A lot of rumours about me have been started through misheard gossip. It's annoying, but it's a part of life I guess. Just have to accept it and move on!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Lost a lot of potential relationships due to rumors. *****es just can't stand to see anyone happy unless it's themselves.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I've never started a rumour because I think they're pretty stupid and most of the time normally fake anyway. In school a few were started about me liking so and so because I had like 4 different guy friends and that's so weird so I must had liked them them a lot or w/e. People need to get over themselves and stop focusing on other peoples lives so much and focus on their own.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I always take rumours with a pinch of salt until something concrete comes through, honestly, they're usually either exaggerated or completely fabricated anyway.

I've never cared much for people starting rumours about me. People can believe whatever they want to, whatever helps them sleep better at night.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Like anything they're a matter of perspective. If you choose to find the rumours about you funny then you can participate in them and a merry time is had by all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's fun to hear what people will make up or exaggerate about others to feel better about themselves

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think there were any rumors about me in middle school, since I wasn't really someone that people talked about. People tell my best friend everything now in high school so if there was a rumor about me she would tell me about it, so I guess there haven't been any about me now. Honestly if I heard of a rumor about me I would probably just laugh.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Rumors rarely exist here. The furthest I've heard would be that someone is dating someone else, and honestly that's it. Nobody here calls anyone gay, witches, *****es and such, or gives out bad rumors about anybody, and I kinda like it.

Even if there's a rumor, we'd laugh it off.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • rumors are so highschool. this older lady at my work made up a rumor that my boyfriend and i got into a fight. so immature especially since she's 15 years older than me.
    please grow up.

Back