• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do you feel about shoes in your house

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    i was shocked when i found out americans actually walk around their houses with shoes on. I kinda assumed that everyone took them off. It just seems so gross to me

Years
  • We don't really have a policy on shoes in my house but I always invite my guests to take their shoes off so that they feel at home.

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
    Years
  • IMO depends. If they'll stay on the living room, why not? If they're gonna go to the kitchen and bedrooms no.
    Also it it's rainy then no. Please

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    We don't have any rules about it here, so I don't care (we don't even have a place to put them). I usually don't wear shoes at home and leave them in my room instead

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I don't really care and never have cared, because my feet get super cold and shoes are one way to keep them warm, but my next door neighbors growing up did have a shoes by the door rule so I'm accustomed to that as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Here, every household entrance has dedicated clearly indicated space for leaving your shoes, coat and other outside stuff. Walking into somebody's home with shoes on is considered very rude, unless you're just fetching something and even then you'd make sure to get permission first or excuse yourself loudly and ashamedly while tip-toeing xD Most don't have carpet floors, but we just don't like wearing shoes indoors anyways. Slippers are for fun or for really cold winter days I guess, but most just wear socks. Unless it's summer, where it's common to go barefoot!

Interestingly, if you live on the countryside, from my experience it's ok to walk barefoot outdoors and then walk straight in. Even though this technically is similar to walking in with shoes on?? d:

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • In our household it is quite common for shoes to be left in the front foyer area or in the closet by said area.

Occasionally if we want to go out the back door (or garage door) and our shoes are clean from mud, dirt etc. We would wear them from the front entrance to the door we need to access. If they were we would either exit the front and walk around, or carry our shoes to said door and put them on there.

As a side note at my old house because the landlord did not take care of the floors (Scratched, warped, splinters etc.) we wore our shoes in the front foyer, living room and kitchen area. The hallway to the bath and bedrooms were carpet so no shoes past that point.

Years
  • Maybe it's an Aus thing but I'd find it stranger to have you insist on me removing my shoes than to let me keep them on.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I don't mind as long as people have something on their feet! I used to keep multiple pairs of those fluffy-material socks for guests to use. If I think someone's feet are cold, my feet will be cold just by looking at them. Nothing worse than cold feet!

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • I've never had a house of my own so I don't really have an opinion. I think in the future if I rent an apartment or have a house I might take my shoes off at the entrance to prevent dirtying the floor, although I'm not sure how much more sanitary it really is.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I can not walk barefoot, I have to be in either shoes or slippers, so we can't have that kind of policy here, and I wouldn't do that to other people that have foot problems like me.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Pfft. I never wear shoes OR socks in the house. I prefer being barefoot. I'm not sure why, but my feet start to feel uncomfortable and constricted when wearing them. If I had my way, I'd go barefoot everywhere. <3

With that said, I don't actually because my dad needs to wear them due to having nueropathy (SP?), so it's not really an option for him to walk barefoot. That's why we don't really enforce such a rule. He has to wear special diabetic shoes with a lift on one side... I guess because one leg is shorter than the other? idk.

People that enforce the rule: What would you do if someone came into your house, maybe like my dad, and had to wear shoes? :O Just curious.

Last edited:
    Back