• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sleep at night?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Do you have a special way of going to sleep? For example, do you sleep with the lights on or off? Do you sleep with the TV on? Or maybe you sleep with your computer on all night? Do you just sleep in pitch blackness with no noise or anything going whatsoever? Do you have to snuggle up to your favorite teddy bear in order to sleep too?

I have to have both my TV and laptop on. It provides enough light for me so that if I wake up during the night, I won't break my neck during the night time. DX I also sleep with my TV because I need to have a lot of noise in my room. So, I have my TV and fan going at the same time. I sleep with my anime plushies Axel and Kaito to get to sleep. I have to have something to hug or my arms just feel like they aren't very comfortable just laying there. XD

So, what about you? :O

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    i like it as dark as possible and quiet as possible and i always take a pillow and hug it and bury my face into it

speaking of which i havent been in my own bed for like 3 weeks and i miss it so much

Sirfetch’d

I browse the internet until I get really sleepy and then I'll turn of all of the lights and eventually fall asleep after about an hour of lying there in bed. It's very hard for me to sleep haha

Years
    I leave my desktop running 24/7, even if I'm asleep or not at home, so I've never really thought about that being something special while going to sleep.

I do, however, leave my radio on while I'm asleep. I, for some odd reason, cannot stand the environment around me being silent, so I always have to have some sort of noise going, and the radio is just fine for me in those situations.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    On a bed. It's a futon actually, but you get the idea. XD

Lights off and total silence is how I prefer it, and I always have to be under the blanket even in summertime. D:

Lights off! TV off! No sound at all because then I'd never be able to fall asleep. I also close the window near my bed since I can't sleep with that open for whatever reason. All the computers in the house need to be shut off, too, or it'd drive my mind crazy and I'd have to get up and check.

I basically need total quiet and no light. Lately I've been having trouble sleeping because the AC makes noise and that doesn't bode well with my very sensitive self. Urgh.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I usually read something scientific before falling asleep. Right now I've been reading a lot of TalkOrigins' content. If I am particularly stressed, I may smoke some greens to help assist me going to sleep, lest I have a sleepless night.

Years
    I sleep with the lights off and my tv on but with mute.

If i need to sleep when im not tired so i can wake up early i pull the big guns and change the channel on the tv to a spanish soap opera. Not sure why but i just knock out after that hehe at least it gets the job done.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
    My sleep has been irregular recently. But I prefer sleeping in the dark. I usually tire my head out before I sleep, and when it's really hard for me to sleep, I just keep thinking of scenarios in my head. Before I realize it, I am already asleep. Unless I've done something really tiring for the day, sleeping immediately after going to bed is a bit impossible for me.

Years
    At first, due to the title of the topic, I thought this was going to be a rant about how we're all bad people or have bad views on something. Alas, I am very disappointed ;)

However, to answer your question: I don't sleep amazingly well, and now that it's Summer I wait until the point we're I'm about to pass out due to being so tired, and tend to sleep in whatever position I'm in when I pass out. It's a very bad habit and I do not recommend it.

Years
    I sleep with my computer on because I'm such a lazy dick I don't want to close and save and blah-blah-blah. And even on scalding days I sleep with a thick blanket. Woot.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Nothing on in my room except for the air conditioner, which makes a noise that I need to hear in order to sleep. I literally can't sleep unless I have a noise like that, or a fan. I will stay up all night if I don't have that. I wish I was kidding.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I sleep with my computer on because I'm such a lazy dick I don't want to close and save and blah-blah-blah. And even on scalding days I sleep with a thick blanket. Woot.

pffffff, that basically sounds like me. I never turn my PC off. XD

I always have both a fan and some music on. I need to have some sort of background sound or I won't be able to sleep at all. if there's no sound, I basically lay there all night tossing and turning afraid to sleep. because of some ridiculous trauma when I was like 14, I need to have music playing when I sleep.

also, I've got like 5 feather pillows that I can't sleep without.

Years
    Have some pretty strict regimens I go through in order to go to sleep. I must have the air conditioning down sufficiently, even in the winter time when it's already chilly; I can't sleep if I'm hot. Always have to be under at least one layer of blanket, usually two though. Blinds shut, all lights that are visible from my bed need to be turned off, and I always shut down my laptop because the whirring noise it makes it impossible to fall asleep. Finally, I need a filled cup of cold water on my night stand in case I get thirsty.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I usually have super smooth nature music in very low volume when I go to sleep, since I really do not like silence (or if it's raining, I have the window open to hear the rainfall). Also, I have to have the ceiling fan on, no matter how cold it is.

Years
    Whenever I go to sleep, I usually leave at least one or two lights on (though nothing too bright) and have my iPod playing music and/or have a fan or something running to provide white noise. If either one of those is absent, good luck putting me to sleep, haha. I also like having a full body pillow and Chihiro--my plush fox--to cuddle up next to and hug, as they help me get to sleep as well. I can do without the body pillow, but I must have Chihiro (or an alternative plush or pillow) on me at all times ;;

Back