• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often you have arguments with your family??

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
    Almost never. It's usually just my little brother. When I come home, what usually annoys me is that my brother goes out of his way to be rude, and isn't ever nice to people. I usually just stay away from him. If he starts tormenting the dog in order to get under my skin, I'll stop him.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I argue with everyone in my family, they piss me off because we all have this problem that we think we're smarter than everyone else so we clash a lot about things and it usually ends up in either someone going to get a hotel or someone gets the boxing gloves out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Not often, it just annoys me when my dad repeats the same thing 5 times in 3 minutes. Maybe that's just what happens when you get old.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not really and even if we do it's not serious at all. I probably argue the most with my brother, but it's more like us teasing each other than really arguing.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Not so much these days, but when I was younger heated arguments with my parents were a regular thing. Some got pretty bad which lead to me being kicked out for a while.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The only person in my family that I really argue with is my dad. I live with him, my brothers, and my sister. I have disagreements from time to time with my brothers, but it never really exceeds that. And when it does, it's very rare. But with my dad, I think I get into an argument with him maybe twice a week about something that isn't a big deal to me. He makes a big deal about a lot of things, though, and a lot of the things that he says when he's in one of those moods of complaining rubs me the wrong way. I do my best to ignore him when he gets into the moods, but I usually end up snapping back at him with a sarcastic comment. He also is the type of person to make mountains out of molehills, and take issues with things that don't need to be made a big deal. It's pretty frustrating, but when I was living on my own for six months, I only had probably two arguments with him during that time, so distance helps.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Archer, how convenient that none of the fights ever have to do with something you do wrong...

I fight with my family from time to time, but not that often. Maybe once every few weeks, and even then it's usually just a few snippy comments between us and then it's over. Sometimes it's because I'm frustrated by something and taking it out on her because I happened to be talking to her when it happened, sometimes it's because I'm angry that she keeps repeating some advice I've asked her to drop, sometimes it's because she thinks I should be doing something or acting a certain way and I don't agree. It's never anything particularly serious.

I used to fight with my sister fairly often, but we had a massive falling out and we haven't spoken in like a year. So I guess we don't fight anymore!

Years
    Within the household, since I keep to myself within the confinements of my own room so talking amongst family members does not happen that often. More often than not though, should there be a slight disagreement, it's normally between myself and my mom. The last major one was probably 3 weeks ago when I asked to go on a vacation within the country by myself and I gave her the silent treatment for a solid 2 weeks.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I have argues with my mother once a week usually.

It used to be more often but now she's only home on weekends. We actually didn't have any argues this weekend which was nice. :)

Years
    Once every other week. My mom likes to shut me down without valid reasoning and I get mad at the injustice and start arguing.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't really fight with my sister or brother but I have little arguments with my parents a lot. Generally we get along and it's never anything really bad, but sometimes we're both too stubborn to see the other person's point of view so we'd rather defend our points than accept someone else's. :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My dad's the kind of person that never directs his anger at the right person (unless it's me or my mom) and he's under a lot of stress at work, so when he comes home he looks for any and every little reason to pick a fight. I don't even bother talking to him if he comes home all huffy and grumpy; even asking him how his day was is super offensive to him when he's in a mood and will set him off.

It's really unfair because a lot of times it's obvious what's actually bothering him, but the only people he will ever yell at is me or my mom - even if it's my brother who pissed him off he'll take it out on us.

When I was younger I did snap back if he was really out of line, but I just can't be bothered to argue with him anymore because he always thinks he's right anyway. But no matter what, I always remind myself that he is my dad and I know he worked very hard to provide for me and my brothers, so I can't think too bad of him.

As for the rest of my family, it's all good. I have literally never argued with my brothers, and I'm very close with my mom, though when I was younger I'd argue with her about her not letting me go out and such. Normal kid stuff.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    All the time. Its usually me arguing with my parents because of how much they need to wake up, how much my Dad has to stop being so needy, and so on. If I could move out I would, but alas I cannot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2014
    I used to argue a lot with my parents, and over silly things. I was the one that provoked the situation and forced an angry response from them, something I deeply regreted (and still do) after they passed away. I have one sibling and we get along just fine. We live apart though.

Years
    I tend to avoid arguments with my family. Mostly I argue with mother, father or grandparents, but it's usually when they really get on my nerves, which is as rare as I go to church. Those arguments are usually about money and things that happened in past... Sadly.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    not frequently. once in a year or so. and usually with my dad.

with mom its a little more often but its more along the lines of a case of disagreement than an argument :p

Back