• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Shy Are You?

Are you very shy?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm just curious to know how shy you all are. I'm only shy around strangers or people that I've just met. ^_^; After I've known them for a while, I start to open up more. Around family and friends, I don't talk to the point of being annoying, I just can carry on a conversation well.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Yep this thread is me! I can be very shy sometimes. But mostly I'm just quiet. Not really shy... just I have nothing to add so I don't. I don't talk a whole lot so people just see me as quiet. But when I'm with my friends I can talk a lot! Especially if I'm hyper! I get hyper easily when I drink a lot of water... yeah I know it's weird!

But at home I can be really loud! My sister will never call me quiet. I'm always talking. But when there's other people over that I don't really know then I get shy... I usually hide out in my room so they don't start talking to me! But that's only if I don't know them...

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    by now, after all weve mentioned this in other threads XD, you should know that i am so shy i cant even ask out the girl that i love with all my heart...i hope i get over my shyness one day...for the meantime im doomed...
    EX. we had a speach proficency where we had to qrite a bigraphy on a famous person and present it...i did mine and was doing fine untill the end, on the last scentence, where i broke down emotionaly and began to sob in class.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Yeah, my shyness fluxuates...lol. I'm really shy around people I don't know or, for example, have a crush on. I'm actually shy around most of my relatives--pretty quiet. So, that's the only time I'm shy. Usually, around my friends I open up and I become so loud. ^_^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, yeah. I'm like that around my crushes... I'll just walk off before they see me. A dumb way to get them to like me though, huh? XD But, my current one seems interested. He looks at me and smiles, and always walks by me. Whenever I see him I usually just go numb though, and I can't talk or anything. I'll blush like a maniac and do anything to try to avoid him. Ehh.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    you remind me of myself around the girl i like...
    bear in mind i feel this is love, i dream of her think of her and cry about her..
    whenevr i walk past her i blush and avoid eyecontact... i try to be close to her, but i feel shes too popular...i dunno mabey if i werent so shy id ask her out...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    Yeah, my shyness fluxuates...lol. I'm really shy around people I don't know or, for example, have a crush on. I'm actually shy around most of my relatives--pretty quiet. So, that's the only time I'm shy. Usually, around my friends I open up and I become so loud. ^_^;

Wow...that sounds exactly like me :P I'm most shy around the girls I have crushes on...most other people I know I'm very talkative and jovial around. I'm not exactly shy around relatives though...it's more of they don't have anything to say to me and I don't have anything to say to them so I stay quiet around them...we're so different that it's impossible to strike up a conversation where neither person is just "mmhmm...yeah? Oh..."-ing at the other person. I'm also shy around people I don't know...I'm sort of distrustful of people I haven't known for a while. I'm quiet by nature, but I try to be talkative and all that at times so I don't seem unapproachable to others...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    lets see...i have 9 friends total 3 per each move...i could say im pretty shy...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm quiet by nature, also. I guess that trait is kind of two-sided. In one way it's good, because you're not supposed to be too loud, but on the other hand... You don't want to be painfully shy, or it will keep you from doing things that you may enjoy. Like going to town, or being around other people.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    I'm quiet by nature, also. I guess that trait is kind of two-sided. In one way it's good, because you're not supposed to be too loud, but on the other hand... You don't want to be painfully shy, or it will keep you from doing things that you may enjoy. Like going to town, or being around other people.
    Yeah that's exactly how I am. I'm quiet by nature too. I hate being quiet though. I wish I could be more outgoing but I just can't! And then people see me as quiet and I really hate that! I hate being thought of as the girl who doesn't talk... cuz that's not always the case! I do talk... but only when I have something to say. I don't talk just to talk and be loud like some people do... I talk when I have something to contribute.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I'm very very very shy when I'm around people I don't know. I'm very loud around mah friends, and family members, tho ^^; Except my shyness seems to dissapear when someone hurts a loved-one =P Example, this kid tried to push mah bro around, although I didn't knew that smart-butt, I went to him, and shoved my middle finger up his nose.. ^^; Ewww, the little sickling has buggers >.<; Ends up I shoved it a little too hard that I scratched his nose a little, but nothing serious! ^^; I'm not THAT dangerous.. *gets an evil grin*

*dies*

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    snowangel3181988 said:
    Yeah that's exactly how I am. I'm quiet by nature too. I hate being quiet though. I wish I could be more outgoing but I just can't! And then people see me as quiet and I really hate that! I hate being thought of as the girl who doesn't talk... cuz that's not always the case! I do talk... but only when I have something to say. I don't talk just to talk and be loud like some people do... I talk when I have something to contribute.
    I know! I have that same problem. I'm always willing to contribute my ideas, or talk about something when the conversation is interesting, but I just don't walk up to people and strike a conversation. I guess I'm just not like that. I'll say 'hi' to strangers, or compliment them, etc., but you know... Just not talk like I know them really well.

CaRtOON said:
    I'm very very very shy when I'm around people I don't know. I'm very loud around mah friends, and family members, tho ^^; Except my shyness seems to dissapear when someone hurts a loved-one =P Example, this kid tried to push mah bro around, although I didn't knew that smart-butt, I went to him, and shoved my middle finger up his nose.. ^^; Ewww, the little sickling has buggers >.<; Ends up I shoved it a little too hard that I scratched his nose a little, but nothing serious! ^^; I'm not THAT dangerous.. *gets an evil grin*

*dies*
    Whoo, I'm not that daring. o.o; But I'll still stick up for anyone that I care about who is being hurt, whether physical or verbal. I've never really had to do that before, but I still will, even if I'm not the best person at coming up with comebacks, lol. I'll usually just stand there and think of something really quickly, then blurt it out.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Oh, it?s not too bad. I?m fine with a large group I?m speaking to, or one person, but a small group is what gets me uncomfortable. ._.; I always feel out of place in that scenario.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    like i said, i have 9 friends total, but thats only RL....online i tend to get along fine with other people...sort of...like a split personality...
    one side's really shy while the other one likes to talk to other people, even if they dont know them...
    and yet we usually dont know who we're talking to on forums...like...here? XD
    hu says u are really shy around people u dont know XD

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    I actually realized that I'm not extremely shy. I do, however, really close myself when people who curse or such come along. That's one of the reasons why I don't talk a lot in school. The cursing isn't a very big incentive for me to try..

If you were to see me in school, and then talk to me here, I'm guaranteed that you will be very suprised hehe....
    I'm a whole different person!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:

Yah I'm like that too.. If I don't know the person I just won't say anything so that they don't think I'm stupid. But with my relatives I'm not that shy, just mad quiet.

lighterhead2001

Fujiwara-kun unofficially!
    Years
    Uhhh yea i am shy...(have 1 freind hehe) but you know...I'll stick up for almost anyone...especially girls...and big people....or I will be a freind to an outcast kind of person hehe...guess I should go to town more to hehe *Goes away to catch a fly*

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I'm not really shy around relatives either... I just don't really like to talk to them so I try to avoid them whenever possible. They'll start talking to me and never leave me alone and I hate that. It's usually just the Italian relatives that annoy me though... there's so many of them and I don't know them all. They won't have seen me since i was like 2 and they'll expect me to know them! Or they'll start talking about me to each other in Italian and not expect me to understand... but I do! I hate when people talk about me when I'm standing right there...

But at school I just don't talk unless I have something to say. I really don't think I'm different online and IRL... just I have more to say online! I hate when people try to get me to talk though. That makes me talk even less! One really annoying guy oce said to me Who are you? You never talk! but he's really strange but it did kinda bother me that that's how I'm seen...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    I'm just curious to know how shy you all are. I'm only shy around strangers or people that I've just met. ^_^; After I've known them for a while, I start to open up more. Around family and friends, I don't talk to the point of being annoying, I just can carry on a conversation well.
    lol, yes you can yep you can, yup yup yup! :P About being shy... well I'm sure I can pretend to be shy.. okay I can be shy. Sometimes I just don't feel like budging. -_- But, to my surprise, I'm getting less and less shy throughout this year... o_o; I've been willing to take on bigger roles while acting a part of a play (English class) recently, and I know I get shy talking to crowds because I usually wouldn't have something to say to one. :\

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    by the way i act here, at PC, u'd think i wasnt shy at all. but i'm actually very, VERY shy. i barely talk to me family......i'm the sort of person that can know someone for more than a year and still be shy around them. :laugh: weird, eh? Oro?

*acts like Lil' John* YEAH! WHAT!? OKAY!! :laugh:

Back