• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't believe you just dodged that!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I couldn't think of a good title. I:

Anyway.
    Do you have fast reflexes? Are you a quick thinker?

I came up with the idea for this after having to jump over a throwing knife that came back at me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    ....do I even want to know what the hell was going on? o_o

Anyway, yep, I have pretty good reflexes, if I do say so myself. Physically speaking. As for mental reflexes such as tough decisions that need to be made on the spot, not so much. :I

Sirfetch’d

I am odd in this situation as my mind reacts right away, but sometimes my reflexes are slow to react. I can remember getting hit countless times in gym with a ball because I couldn't react to it in time even though my mind had already prepared to.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    What the wtf...you dodged a knife?

No, i dont have good/fast reflexes, but im a quick thinker. But when it comes to dodge im just horrible.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'd say I have pretty good reflexes mentally and physically! I find it really easy to play dodgeball and all sorts of sports. Its just incredibly easy to jump over the ball or catch it. That or my class is bad at playing it. Dodging a knife might be a different story but if someone yells "think fast" and throws something at my face, then I can probably catch it or at least duck in time. Mentally, I can think rather quickly on what to do in tricky situations. I'd say I'm better mentally than physically, but my physical reflexes are pretty good too. :p

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    They say I have really good reflexes both mentally and physically, not much I could say really, since its all they say.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Let's put it this way, my dad once threw one of those Numi tea bags at the back of my head, I whipped around in time to catch it. (I have no idea how I knew it was coming, he didn't say anything, and I didn't hear it. :?) He also tried throwing a banana peel at my head from a second floor, which I caught.

Swimming when a dodgeball is thrown at me? Nope. It went flying.
    Anything starts falling around me? Nope, can't let that happen.
    Boxer's penny trick? Four rows of five dimes lined up my elbow is currently my best consistent record.

As for mental reflexes, I have more then once thought of a witty comeback. . .

Jess, who was throwing a knife at you? :t
    You should tell me their name, I could teach them how to properly throw one. . . .

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Nobody threw a knife at me. They just didn't get it to stick properly in the wood, so it bounced and flew at my feet. X}
    Paladin's post made me laugh for several reasons.
    I love how your dad throws food/food-related things at you.

I have pretty good reflexes.
    Though I don't have many examples. I avoided being bitten/struck by a snake, if that counts for anything. I:
    I've had to learn to react quickly, considering my cat finds pleasure in running out of nowhere to attack my legs.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Oh god I am so slow. So freaking slow. It takes me almost 3 minutes to register that something even happened. If I was being chased by a murderer I'd be dead.

Years
    I have surprisingly good reflexes actually, it tends to shock people because I'm not particularly athletic - certainly not in appearance. But it's not really a related thing. Whenever my friends are trying something stupid (I have one that's quite fond of tickling me from behind for no reason) they never seem to succeed because I've already grabbed there hands before they can do anything. Similar thing applies to the actual game of dodge, used to drive the more sporty people nuts when the couldn't hit me xD

I was never good at the thing where you catch the ruler to judge reaction time for some reason though... maybe I just have a good survival instinct?

As for "mental reflexes". That's another one that depends on the context. Whilst I am rather smart, if I do say so myself, I'm not particularly fast when it comes to solving problems or anything. On the other hand though, I tend be rather quick witted (a good combination with sarcastic haha) so I guess they're good in that sense.

Years
    Nope, I don't have good reflexes at all, except for maybe whenever it comes to actually "dodging a bullet". But I am rather quick when it comes to me making a thought, usually I can catch onto something rather fast such as a scheme of sorts or just a joke in general, unless I'm either not feeling real well or I'm just severely tired/worn out.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
    My weird cat has aided me in honing my reflexes, which have evolved into that of a tiger.

But yah, I have pretty good reflexes.

Oh, mental? Yeh, I'm mental XP
    But I'm pretty quick when it comes to arguments and comebacks. I have such a faz arguing, so I kinda need quick mental reflexes.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    Hmmm... I'm pretty weird when it comes to this stuff...

So when me and my friends are messing around and stuff and just throwing around the football or baseball, I always have the worst reflexes and mess a bunch of stuff up.

But if i'm like practice or in a game im completely fine... adrenaline maybe?

And as for mental reflexes... I guess mine are kinda fast sometimes kinda slow...
    Like i'll come up with a decent comeback or freestyle punchline every once in a while

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
    I used to race motocross (dirt bikes) so you develop some pretty good reflexes from that. People crash in front of you and you have to avoid them quickly or go down with them. The former is preferrable :P

Also, baseball helps out a lot with that as well. You have to identify whether the pitch is going to be a ball or a strike and then act on it. And when someone whips a line drive right back at you when you're pitching. That's just scary.

To answer the question, I would say I have above average reflexes and I'm a pretty quick thinker :P I'm decent with witty comebacks as well. Lol

TY

My reaction time is insane, it became that from playing loads of RTS games online where you have to react really fast to get a hand over the opponent

Years
    I do tend to react a lot, in addition to being a fast walker, I am a fast thinker too. Like when I do competitive battling on the Showdown server, but sometimes I can be a bit sluggish too depending on what I'm trying to respond to. You could say I'm like in the middle I suppose.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    It's either I bite the bullet, or I fail to react in time. My mental reflexes would be worse... But then it also depends on the situation.

Back