• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I joined PC for Shiny Gold.

Years
  • I was lurking back in August 2014, and I learned ROM Hacking, basic scripting and such. Then, I joined in September. I enhanced my ROM hacking skills till then.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Less than I expected boo. :(

I joined because my parents blocked off SPPf and I needed a new place to lurk around and here I am 6 years later.

I'm still wondering on where did I first know about the place.

Outlier

I just wanted to interact with the fandom and make some friends.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Long before I joined PC, I found one when I was interested in ROM hacking, but have no intention of joining for years. However, later I decided to join because I wanted to talk with someone who have similar interest, like Pokémon, and making many friends all over again.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • The Advance Generation is really what spurred me to join originally. Seriously. Generation 3 of Pokemon was a good generation in the games and I still to this day think it is. :3

That and I wanted to make some friends; there weren't many pokemon fans in school where I was. x3

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I joined because I needed a steady stream of attention and ego-stroking which I constantly crave and want to scoop out of a large bucket and desired to be on the Net. I also joined to laugh at everyone being a bust.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I joined for A&D, to post my sprite work. I stayed because I was really bored.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah, I joined for ROM hacking. And I stayed because I have this crazy belief that one day all my lack of motivation will culminate in the creation of the next Shiny Gold.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I joined for the same reason Castform mentioned earlier.

I came and joined a club, the club is dead and most of the people are gone, but hey! I found a new home for my noob self ^^ I couldn't be any happier with my decision to join that club.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • Wow that brings back memories. Joined for Shiny Gold, stayed for ROM Hacking, left because of College. Now I'm back but I think I just want to do gamedev now.

Yeah, I joined for ROM hacking. And I stayed because I have this crazy belief that one day all my lack of motivation will culminate in the creation of the next Shiny Gold.

You have to work on your motivation the most. It's been like years since I've done anything of value. Only starting to realize now how important time is. I have ideas for a game floating around and I'm just starting to get the motivation to right everything on paper. Never give up on your dreams or else you'll become jaded or disillusioned.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I had some Pokemon in Black that I needed to trade evolve. I Googled "Pokemon forums", and this was naturally the top result. I honestly wasn't expecting to be here very long, because that's what I often do on forums: sign up, ask a question, get it resolved, and rarely log back in again. But I met some great people here, and I got such a warm welcome in my welcome thread, I was hooked xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I joined PC because I was really into Pokemon and still am. Furthermore, I saw that there was a lot more to Pokemon, and the forum looked super active which was a plus as well. I'm glad I joined, although I don't get on as much as I used to, the place still seems active, and fun.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I had been looking for some more Pokemon forums to join at the time, and PC was one of the more promising ones that I'd come by just from searching. I joined more for the socialization (ironically, since I haven't been awfully active in the few years since signing up?) than the Pokemon series itself, though it helped that I had still been a huge fan at the time; I still am, though not as much as I used to be ever since other games took over my life instead. I had been a member of other (now dead) forums that were still really active at the time, so I hadn't devoted time between each board equally.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I was on EGC when it was new and a lot of members and staff there were from PC and at that point I hadn't even heard of PC. Checked out the forum just after the Lerroux AFD joke and decided to join just because. *shrugs* I come back because of the friends that are here, either from other forums or ones that I've met here.

Years
  • I joined PC after looking around for Pokémon sites to discuss the (then) new HeartGold and SoulSilver games.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • I joined to write fanfics. And by "write" I mean "post the first chapter, get bored of the idea, and then write a totally new one." I should really go into one-shots or something.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ I also joined for fics. I was already on sppf and felt like finding an additional place to both read more fics, and to post my fic to because hey, more potential readers!A few people mentioned PC when I asked around, so i tried it out. I also tended to go into the Pokemon game sections for discussions, but fics was the main reason.

Seven years later...

Years
  • I really wanted to get more involved with the Pokemon community/fandom. The only way I "contributed" before were some Pokemon themed drawings I uploaded on tumblr or deviantART (and honestly, the art section is still one of my main interests).
    Buuut was really just looking for people to talk about Pokemon haha

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I joined for Shiny Gold, then for Liquid Crystal, and other masterpieces and those which are close to it. Then i realized how tech-savvy and really tech-heavy most of the really active people in the Rom hacks and Game Development club are, which are light years above my knowledge of Romhacking and Game Dev, which are currently at lvl "0".

Then i did a background check on PC and noticed that this has been on for quite a while now, with generations of members who have came, went, and passed over.

I'm also fascinated with how different many forum members are. There are certainly people who strictly go on their appropriate threads and you'll never find them posting on other threads, and there are those across the board just to say something interesting.

Back