• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I used to like that, but I don't anymore...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, do you ever find yourself tiring easy of things? For example, say you did something such as I don't know... drinking coffee for a long period of time, only to get tired of it later. Or are you the type of person who enjoys the repetition? What sorts of things can you do without ever getting tired of them?

For me, it depends. Things like writing, I never get tired of. I do tend to get tired of things as time goes on though. It just depends on what I'm doing.

Years
  • I used to have phases with food, especially snacks since whenever my mother discovers I enjoy eating it, she literally hoards as much as she can possibly fit into our cupboards and shelves downstairs in the basement, it's ridiculous. Eventually, I became sick of them after a while and we are often with an excess amount that nobody else would eat.

To be fair, I'm the type of person who becomes bored rather easily even while having tasks to finish and activities I could be partaking in.

Bay

Years
  • Like Raine, there might be some foods I used to like a lot at first, but then I would get tired of them after a while. I do have a particular weakness of sweets, though, so I like to try a new sweet snack at least once haha.

Besides that, that happens a lot with media, particularly tv shows and anime/manga. I would get really into a series at first, but then my interest for it dies eventually. There are some series that ended a while back but I'm still into it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I used to phase in and out of hobbies, and games when I was younger. It'd be about a month straight of RuneScape, followed by RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 + Pharaoh, followed by SimCity 4. I don't game much anymore unfortunately, I wish I could.

A similar pattern followed with development works I'm doing. When I was developing Pokemon Dragonstone version I'd spend a month or two making loads of contributions, and then I'd go 4 months or something without touching it. Now, with Pokemon Citrite, I'm attempting to both break that and instate a new flow of hack development in general. I've come to a consensus with other developers that it's really bad how so many ROM hacks release major critical updates once in a blue moon, and I decided, with Citrite as an example, to demonstrate how much healthier it is for a project to push very often.

Other than that, not really...? I can get burnt out on a food but that's usually with things I shouldn't be eating anyway.

Sirfetch’d

I used to spend all day long watching the anime back when I was around 9-13 years old. I'd rewatch episodes daily because I was so addicted! Now I don't watch it at all, ever.

I also used to be a really big fan of soft drinks but now I really rarely drink them. I realized they were bad for my health and have really put them aside for the most part unless I really want or need some quick caffeine or sugar.

Years
  • Good grief it's difficult for me to think of stuff I used to like but no longer like anymore D: probably because a lot of the stuff I liked back then I still do to this day!

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • It's like that for anything for me.
    I'll go on months and possibly years without playing Pokemon because just thinking about it would bore me.
    Spending too much time on one thing = not good for my impatience.

Years
  • Like Raine, there might be some foods I used to like a lot at first, but then I would get tired of them after a while. I do have a particular weakness of sweets, though, so I like to try a new sweet snack at least once haha.

Sweet tooth buddies! My mom has been buying these boxes filled with an assortment of Belgian chocolate cookies and biscuits, don't think I'll ever get tired of Belgian chocolate, or chocolate in general. Just wished there were more sweet shops around the city.

I used to spend all day long watching the anime back when I was around 9-13 years old. I'd rewatch episodes daily because I was so addicted! Now I don't watch it at all, ever.

I found that my patience and attention span have dwindled since university/college years started. At times, I'll find myself with plenty of time to work on the anime or gaming backlog, but never actually put forth the effort to do either of those ;-;

Reactions: Bay
    Years
  • food. I just can't stop eating, then, my sickness came in. I lost a lot of weight, when my sickness had gone, I lost my appetite for food as well :(

(But I still eat regularly, of course!)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Personally, sometimes I'm tired if it comes to eating the same food for days. I don't want it if I have to eat (for example) chickens over and over again.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • As said previously, food is a big thing for me. That's why I can never choose a favourite food because if I do, I'll eventually get tired of it. Same goes with simple get-to-know-me stuff like colours, animals and music (I can love a song for almost forever and get sick of it by replying it so much).

Overall I think I'm just indecisive.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I used to have phases with food, especially snacks since whenever my mother discovers I enjoy eating it, she literally hoards as much as she can possibly fit into our cupboards and shelves downstairs in the basement, it's ridiculous. Eventually, I became sick of them after a while and we are often with an excess amount that nobody else would eat.

Food is a big thing for me as well. I do go in phases where I'll eat one food so much that I eventually grow tired of it. Then, I can't seem to eat it for a while. My dad is the same way. He once went through this phase where he was obsessed with corn dogs and eat them all of the time. Later on, he grew tired of them and doesn't eat them as much, if it all.

As said previously, food is a big thing for me. That's why I can never choose a favourite food because if I do, I'll eventually get tired of it. Same goes with simple get-to-know-me stuff like colours, animals and music (I can love a song for almost forever and get sick of it by replying it so much).

I can be like that with songs. I can listen to a song for hours on end and get tired of it. That's why at night is a challenge. If I listen to one of Takeru's songs too much before bed, I get tired of it later on in the week or month even. So, I often have to listen to other songs by him and cycle through favorites just to keep myself from growing so tired that I can't listen to them period.

Most songs like Kizuna and Forever with You, I've listened to them so much that I've become tired of them. Or like with Matenrou Opera as well. I got somewhat tired of them after listening to them so much at a time. It really depends on my mood too. I can still listen to them, just not really as much as I wish.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • It depends on what it is for me. As for my daily schedule, I get up at the same time, I eat the same breakfast, almost always eat the same lunch, but I have to eat a different dinner every day. I like my schedules to be consistent, yet flexible if need be.

For other stuff, I like to listen to the same songs for a while, then buy a few new songs, and listen to those, then buy some more, etc. My interests like to fluctuate as well. It'll switch between writing, drawing, composing, and video games, with writing being my main interest.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Coffee. I used to drink coffee when I was a kid and when I was in high school, LOL. Now I just don't drink it anymore. Mostly replaced it by energy drink which I drink rarely anyways. Soft drinks are the way to go ♥

Candies. I used to love candies as a kid. But now, when I get something that's extremely sweet such as a doughnut filled with rasberry jam topped with chocolate glazing, just the thought of it hurts my teeth, lol >.<

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I enjoy the excitement of new things over the comfort of repetition, sadly it's too easy to become a slave to the rhythm of repetition. For instance I oftentimes take the long way to get places just because I'm used to that route. Who the hell knows man.

Years
  • Food is a big thing for me as well. I do go in phases where I'll eat one food so much that I eventually grow tired of it. Then, I can't seem to eat it for a while. My dad is the same way. He once went through this phase where he was obsessed with corn dogs and eat them all of the time. Later on, he grew tired of them and doesn't eat them as much, if it all.

Gotta have that variety or else there won't be anything to look forward to during meals, haha. That's why I anxiously await weekends spent with my boyfriend because we cook a variety of different types of cuisine; trying a new recipe each time.

My parents cook me the same 4-5 dishes every week during the weekdays to bring to work. I haven't gotten sick of them and probably won't until I move out considering there's only a few vegetarian options they can come up with. So whenever I'm away during the weekends with my SO, we enjoy grocery shopping together and picking out recipes to attempt.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I do get tired of almost everything I partake in, but it usually takes a while. This forum is a good example; several times I've just left because I didn't feel like being on it anymore. However, I always seem to come back to it eventually. It's like... rather than getting tired of things, I just need to take a break from them for an extended period of time.

Snacks is another good example. If I find a snack I really like, I'll eat it until the dopamine receptors become dull and I don't enjoy it as much anymore. Then I'll switch to something else, but eventually I'll rediscover the snack and start eating it again until once more I get tired of it.

It's the exact same with music; I listen to a song or two repeatedly till it gets boring, then switch and listen like hell to another.

I have a feeling that this is just a result of me getting way too invested in what I enjoy, so it gets old faster...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pokémon games 8)

Well, games in general. I never finish games these days. I start them, then lose interest.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Candy, actually. I used to be really big on candy, especially gummi candy. Now not so much anymore. I rarely eat them these days now, and my health has significantly improved.

Back