• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga idols! (idol general chat!)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • So... Show by Rock is getting a new anime, and game in 2020! ...Sadly, the original will be shutting down on 12/26 (my birthday). On one hand, I'm really happy they're making a more modern version of Show By Rock, but a bit sad the original game is going away. I played the game for about year before it stopped working for me...

Also idk if anyone follows the idol group 22/7, but they're getting an anime in January.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • We're a month away from winter anime, so I figured I'd drop by and say all the idol/band/music anime coming up in that season.

Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! pv. This is the next season of the Show by Rock series with all new bands. Definitely made to promote the new game that's coming out in 2020.

Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu pv This one is about an oshi who wants nothing but her favorite idol to succeed. Sounds like an interesting twist on the idol genre thus far? We've never really had an anime about the fans.

22/7 pv An anime about the female idol group, 22/7.

ARP Backstage Pass pv About a dance vocal group. I literally know nothing else about this project/franchise.

A3! Spring and Summer pv. It's an adaption of the spring and summer arcs in the extremely popular mobile app, a3! (Which is very good game, btw).

Bang Dream! Season 3 pv, Pretty self explanatory, third season of Bang Dream. I'm hoping they don't have a lot of that 3dcg they had last season... but we'll see.

I'm watching all of these, obviously. Most hyped about A3 and I'm looking forward to that anime about the idol oshi. That's never been done before in anime, so I'm hoping it turns out good.

Years
  • I should actually watch Bang Dream in anticipation of Season 3 since so many people I know really enjoy it.

Also, in Love Live news, English version of SIFAS is coming in Spring 2020, per an announcement at CharaExpo.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I should actually watch Bang Dream in anticipation of Season 3 since so many people I know really enjoy it.

WATCH IT. It's like a mix of Love Live and K-On!, and coming from me, that's about the highest praise a show can get.

Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu, 22/7, and Bang Dream! 3rd Season are the three idol shows I've got my eye on for this season.

Re: Stage! Dream Days♪ and Bang Dream! 2nd Season were my standout anime series of 2019.

Last edited:

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • Jumping in kinda late, but I've been playing SIF off and on this year. One of my favorite girls is Yohane, I've pulled her so many times that I was able to make a full team of nothing but Yohanes. 😄

Nico is another one of my favorite girls, but I have had unusually bad luck with pulling her - I only have a single card of her and it's the one where she's wearing her school swimsuit with a swimming cap that makes her look like she's wearing a diaper on her head. Gotta say it's a very unflattering look for her. 😣

Years
  • Yoshiko and Nico are both very fun. Best girls for me from their respective groups.

Also, we've had some news: https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/status/1206142551000006656

The Nijigasaki girls are actually getting an anime. Bit late in the cycle (as a group they're basically only a year younger than Aqours) but from what was said on stage, there was originally no plan to create an anime for them.

And other news: https://twitter.com/animecentral/status/1205502760663302145

Anime Central out of Chicago got Rippi (Riho Iida) as a guest for their 2020 convention.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Well, I mean, it took two years for muse to get an anime, right? I am shocked Nijigaku is getting an anime, but I'm glad, nonetheless. But please, please, if Sunrise is animating this, can Haruka be animated, too? Even in a cameo? She is Kanata's sister after all.

Oh, and speaking of which, Lapis Relight anime has finally gotten a release time of 2020! Wow, 2020 sure is the year of idol shows. https://twitter.com/relightsEN/status/1205812393512583169 Here's an english translation of the thread about the anime adaption

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 2020 is looking far better for us idol fans than 2019 was (although 2019's Re: Stage Dream Days was an unexpectedly nice surprise.) Especially looking forward to more Love Live awesomeness.

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • Hmm... while I've been low-key wanting an anime based on the Nijigasaki girls, I don't like the art style they're using. It looks too generic, like if I had just seen that pic of them with no context I probably wouldn't have been able to tell it was Love Live related. Oof.

I dusted off my old iPad (both literally and figuratively) and decided to start a new game on LLSIF to try and see if I would have better luck with pulling Nico. I haven't so far, so it's a good thing I picked her as the freebie you get at the very beginning. Including her, I've already gotten 7 out of the 9 members of μ's within a single day! 😄Only ones I'm missing now are Maki and Eli.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I watched 22/7, and it seems promising so far? I don't know how it'll turn out, but I like how different this one seems to feel. But I wonder if it'll be like Wake, Up Girls from a while back?

Years
  • who's playing the global version of all stars?! it came out recently!

here are some of my pulls:

ERpLaQOXUAEmfU5

ERpRLPCXsAAwNZF

also got dia and riko most recently!! was obviously hoping for her, now to hope i can manage getting more of her other URs once they're released...

and then there are these lovely pulls from sif since i couldn't resist choose-your-member UR tickets

ESOPb4EWsAAQqT3

ESOPb4EWsAoqoBd

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I can't play sifas, the game crashes as soon as I reach acquiring url, so. :') It pisses me off I can't play.

Also, is anyone watching 22/7? It's really good.

Back