• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If I could improve PC...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Since three is my magic number, I want you all to pick three things that you think need improvement on PC.
    Why do they need improvement? What ideas do you have for these improvements?

And please god, let's not talk about improving the lag. It sucks, we all want it improved this is true but there's other stuff too!

Disperse!

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    1. Kill the character minimum on posting. I know it's trying to alleviate spam but this place has more mods than I've ever seen on a forum, and I don't think this place has the level of seriousness that would foster that kind of thing.

2. Forum currency would be bitchin

3. Ban all circular avatars. Hahahaaa just kidding Larry we love ya have a nice day

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    3. Ban all circular avatars. Hahahaaa just kidding Larry we love ya have a nice day

If I could improve PC...

squares suck.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Well, I know, what I don't want: more stuff, that only supporters get (or non supporters have to post a ton of posts for). Don't get me wrong, I absolutely understand, they get all the cool stuff, because they spend their money for the servers and stuff (and some of them spend a ton of money), but just remember, that there's a good amount of non supporters who don't have them moneyz to do that who might feel like getting taunted.

Stuff, that could be improved...
    1. Forum interactivity
    Subsections always seem just to care for themselves, but why not have some events connect two or more sections together? Kind of like how you can transfer your Pokemon from gen 3 to get 6, if you know, what I mean.
    That would also counteract, what was going on in the X and Y section, a little bit better (everyone goes to the ORAS section and X and Y is pretty empty for the most part)
    Other examples: game creation contests (ROM hackers vs. game developers), art generation (Art and Technology sections together), etc.

2. Featured sections
    Kind of like the announcements, but instead of some event getting advertised, there could be some text about one of the forums once in a while.

3. News section
    As opposed to the Announcements Section which only shows updates for the forum itself, there could be a section, where only a certain amount of people are allowed to post and who look through all kinds of section, checking for really interesting threads that they can advertise in said News section.
    Like, if there is a really interesting thread that popped up in PG they could write a small news entry and those people who normally don't visit PG read this entry and just need to follow a link that's provided, that leads them directly to said thread.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    What needs improvement?

1. This place is all Pokemon, just change this forum into a digimon community and call it Digicommunity. It'll solve all the world problems

2. +1 with the whole interactivity thing. I like the whole initiative with the Meet Some Members thing that Klippy started. I think we've been doing a lot better recently, but anything to make people interact more with each other more would be fun. Large events like the get-togethers are uber fun

3.improve the lag goddammit

Posting this at a time where I suddenly have to leave so I'll get back on this

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    - replace the general chat mods instantly
    - reshape the postbit entirely to something more like these two photos
    Spoiler:

the postbit is beyond outdated in my opinion so having a fresh update would be wonderful
    - make member encyclopedia available on signup

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'd love to see the community grow more. We've been fostering a lot of high-quality fun and friendship over in VG lately so I'd like that to spread out across the board.

I'd like the AA color green for smods forever please. :D

Aaaand third, idk! Deal wit it!

- reshape the postbit entirely to something more like these two photos
    the postbit is beyond outdated in my opinion so having a fresh update would be wonderful

There's this really great place up near the top called Feedback & Suggestions. Wouldn't hurt to suggest that there if it's something you're keen on.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    There's this really great place up near the top called Feedback & Suggestions. Wouldn't hurt to suggest that there if it's something you're keen on.

I have thought about it but I'd rather see what's happening in this big God Update Shawn has been leaving little breadcrumbs about, given that it's supposed to revamp the forum in a way We've Never Seen Before and what not.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have thought about it but I'd rather see what's happening in this big God Update Shawn has been leaving little breadcrumbs about, given that it's supposed to revamp the forum in a way We've Never Seen Before and what not.

I hear ya. I do believe they take suggestions and you never know. I don't know what's up for the update though, so it could already be there. :)

Lucid

You guys let me say naughty words now and I can say less then 4 words a sentence. That was literally all I ask for. You did good kids! Also I disaprove of treehouse. It counts.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    As Supreme Elite Overlord Inyotef the three things I'd pop off and switch out are:

1. Totally refresh all the usergroup colours. Universalize the format tags for them. Make a new userbar collection.
    2. Let members have 150×150 avatars along with silver supporters. Having Silver hang around there with that limit while members still have the 130x130 from years ago and gold having the ginormous 180x180 along with Crystal has always made me feel uneasy as a donor.
    3. Find a better name for TT. ;)

replace the general chat mods instantly
    With whom? :O

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Nothing, this website is perfect :3 HAHAHAHA NO
    1. I'd try and improve the lag. I know it's something the staff can't do anything about, but it's pretty annoying when you upload the same image three times to your profile XD
    2. Probably find a slogan for the website. Like seriosuly guise
    3. Fire everyone and become [tier=founder]Foxrally[/tier]

Sirfetch’d

I'd make better profile design options. I think? these are coming at some point in the future, but it's something I would definitely help push for. Ideally better preview options as well as the ability to save previous profile designs.

I'd also put The Treehouse at the top of the forums since it is the best forum ;))

I'd make Dragon a Smod because he deserves it a ton!

The last thing I would do is make Castform our official mascot and finally give us a much anticipated Castform forum skin! 8D

Years
    [FONT=&quot]Maybe make it so posts in the likes of Forum Games and Roleplays don't count towards post count, I think its to easy to rack up a high post count by spaming the forum games rather than writing meaningful posts. [/FONT]

Poki

Banned
    Years
    1. Bigger avatar sizes for non-supporters. Like, 150x150. 20px do make a difference, guys.
    2. Better staff.
    3. An option to change our usernames in the settings:
    Instead of mods making threads about it, users would just go to settings > change username then type in their desired nickname, and the mods would get notifications so they can choose whose names to approve.

Back