• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you can choose a type...

What is your favorite type?

• Normal

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Fire

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Water

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Electric

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Grass

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Ice

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Fighting

• Poison

• Ground

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Flying

• Psychic

• Bug

• Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Dragon

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Dark

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Fairy

• Total voters

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Hello

I don't know if there is a thread like this one, I haven't see it... (Sorry if there is)

I was wondering, if you can choose your favorite type, only one, which one it is? Which type is the most popular?

You can comment on the other types you like too, but vote for only one.

- - Example - -

I voted for: Ground
    But I like: Ice, grass, ghost, steel.

3... 2.. 1.. GO ! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Grass type!!!

I love the essence of grass types being so connected to nature/the environment and the idea of some grass types being actual plants come to life. I love most of their designs and I think they're a lot of fun to use.

Runner ups would be steel and fairy

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I like the Steel type a lot, and I don't even really know why. I guess I just like a lot of Steel-types (Skarmory, Aggron, Lucario etc.) because I like both their design and the fact that they can be really useful, especially in Gen 6.

Runner ups: Electric, Ground and Dark

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Dragon type for me. Dragons are such interesting and cool mythical creatures.

I also like Fire and Steel types. Rock and Ground are cool too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Flying! There are several types that I think about whenever a question like this comes up (Water, Electric, Grass, and now Fairy would be the top ones) but out of all of them I can never say no to Flying! It's the closest thing to my favorite element (Wind) in Pokemon and I love birds and flying types are just amazing ok bye.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Normal is my favorite type! Most of my favorite Pokemon are of the Normal type, and I just also like how versatile Normal Pokemon are. They can learn a variety of typed attacks and be useful in any situation.

I also like Fire Pokemon, but these days I drifted away from using that type as much.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • Fighting types would be my favorite. They almost always the ones the help me the most, I have the most fun using them, a lot of my favorite Pokemon are fighting types, and I don't really dislike any of the fighting types.

Other types that I like are Dark, Ghost, and Fairy, Fairy and Ghost would have to share a spot for my 2nd favorite type, and Dark would be my 3rd favorite.

HexManiacKore

"No, you're not the one..."
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Ghost is hands down my favorite type. Psychic is a close second.

Years
  • I'm sitting here trying to justify why I like a lot of them, but for some reason...Fire is the one that kept popping up for me. Not entirely sure why! It's not even that I like a lot of fire-type pokemon, but I guess more so that I find the concept of fire and by proxy the fire-type to be fascinating. So I guess there's that.

Shout-out to the dragon-type, though. It was rather close between that and fire! I absolutely adore dragons, and these are no exception. c:

Oh, and the electric-type. That sounds like such an off-hand comment, haha. But I think the concept of electric creatures is interesting as well.

Sirfetch’d

I love Steel and Fairy types so much gahhh but if I had to pick an all time favorite it would be Normal! My two favorite Pokemon are Normal typed(Castform and Lopunny). Normal types are just so cool and diverse. Not to mention there are more of them than any other type. It's so easy to find Normal typed Pokemon that you adore c:

Years
  • Though it originally took some time to grow on me, my favorite type is Steel, followed closely by Psychic, Water, and Normal. In the earlier games, I think the only Steel type Pokemon that I actually used was Aggron, but that was moreso because I liked the look of Aron, rather than for its typing, attacks, stats, etc. It wasn't until I first used Empoleon in Platinum that I really started enjoying the Steel type, and now it's rare that if I'm playing the games, I don't have a Steel type Pokemon in my party.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
  • Bug because I always fascinating about how bugs can be such small creature and yet so strong to survive until now and I am talking about real life bug. In pokemon, the design of bug pokemon are cool as well and some of them are strong like scizor and heracross. Even when I am playing Yu-Gi-Oh! my main deck would be insect deck haha

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • For me, it's the Dark-type. I always had a fascination for this type for some reason. They have a certain charm to them, and the type in general has a ton of great designs. I can't think of Dark-type I generally dislike. :)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Dragon type for me. Dragons are such interesting and cool mythical creatures.

I also like Fire and Steel types. Rock and Ground are cool too.

High five, I had a feeling you'd be the other one who voted for Dragon. Even after the debut of the Fairy type, I still have a soft spot for the good old-fashioned DRGN.

Water and Steel are both pretty great as well, though.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • My absolute fave type is Water, since I have a tendency to love aquatic creatures and the fact they are mainly associated with the color blue, along with having my all-time fave Pokemon and the versatility to make them essential to any team is what makes me always adore the type.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Ice types are the best. After that I really like Grass and Ground types. Ice is just so cool, and it has some great pokemon.

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • I really like water-Pokemon. It has cute Pokemon: Oshawott, Azumarill, but also cool Pokemon: Kyogre, Tentacruel. Also blue is my favorite color. I also like the water starters. I don't like every Pokemon, but for the most I do

The runner-ups: Fairy, Grass, Dragon.

Back