• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If you had to choose one Pokémon...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    ... native to the Sinnoh region to do a solo-run of DPPt with, which would you choose and why? Would you choose something strong to take on Cynthia's fearsome Garchomp, something cool to win all the contests with, or something cute to show off the region's brighter side?

Oops forgot DPPt thread tag :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'd chose a Pokémon I do like, but haven't used much in earlier playthroughs. It'd be something not too strong, because that's too easy, but it must have access to at least a decent moveset. It would probably be Honchkrow or Quagsire.

Years
  • Glaceon is native to Sinnoh region, although it comes from a Kanto Pokemon. I would love to solo the game with Glaceon. One of my favorite all timers.

Sirfetch’d

Lopunny duh! It's my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon and is a ton of fun to use. Sadly I wouldn't be able to use my trademarked MegaBunny but the regular is just as fun in game n_n

Years
  • Porygon-Z. I once swept cynthia really easily with porygon-z (I had other party members, i just didn't really use any of them) I bet I could easily beat the game with it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Hmm...difficult choice.

Rotom or Magnezone? Both are quite strong, especially if you factor in Rotom's forms. Merp, I love them both! D:

In the end I'd probably go with Magnezone, because I love its typing and appearance.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Definitely Darkrai! It's just too cool! That, and it can be a real powerhouse too, so if I played right it probably wouldn't be too hard to win with.

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Arceus the god, duhhh

If it is in Gen 6+ Sinnoh I would choose (Mega) Lucario.
    Otherwise I think I would go with Torterra. He is my favorite Sinnoh starter.

Years
  • I'd use Ambipom, cute with a pretty useful ability to make use of weaker moves and it's also fun to use in contests as well just like Dawn's Ambipom from the anime.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'd choose something I like but is also a powerhouse of a Pokemon...perhaps Gible/Gabite/Garchomp haha. Overpowered I know, but it's really the only stand out Pokemon I can think of that fits the bill. Maybe Luxray, Torterra and Infernape too..hmmm!

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Probopass for sure. Its previous form, Nosepass, is a Hoenn native, but Probopass hit the scene in Sinnoh. Probopass has incredible defenses and tons of resistances. But I'd choose it mostly for being one of my favorite pokemon.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I think I'd have to go with Piplup. It's one of the few Sinnoh Pokemon I really like, and I actually played through Platinum without evolving it at all. I had 5 other Pokemon on my team at the time though. I'd probably end up losing a lot, but I think I could do it. ;3

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Actually when I only use the native ones during game plays. :)

Here goes my Diamond team!
    Spoiler:

An honorable mention to my Pearl team, Empoleon, Garchomp and Staraptor are Sinnoh native. I didn't include the pic here as the team includes a none-Sinnoh Pokémon, Rapidash. I'm forced to use Rapidash because the region was lacking of Fire-types.

So it's any of the Sinnoh natives that I have mentioned.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Weavile or Rhyperior. Weavile is nice to have around, considering it's my favourite Pokemon, and with moves such as Night Slash and Ice Punch, it could be strong as well. Rhyperior would beat the crap out of anyone who made fun of it since 2006. Also, both have surfing capabilities and both can use Strength and Rock Smash.

#respect4rhyperior

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Pachirisu

Umm its cute its my fav pokemon from sinnoh and lets see it'd be challenging which is the point so ya that'd probably be pretty hard but really fun!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'd pick a super cute NFE like Buizel or Drifloon! If you're going to be overleveled, might as well do it in style right? 8)

Years
  • If you had to choose one Pokémon...
    If you had to choose one Pokémon...

Either Mothim or Cherrim. Mothim has been one of my favorite bugs since its introduction and it's really nice-looking despite being so underrated. Cherrim is also very cute in sun form.. too bad you can't see it without having Sunny Day up, which sucks. Also a big fan of Vespiquen and Floatzel. So many choices! I'd actually love to try out a Floatzel-only solorun especially. Seems like it would be fun~

Back