• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I'm on a Gogoat

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm on a Gogoat

One of the little things X and Y introduced was the ability to ride on certain Pokemon in select places: Gogoats in Lumiose City, Rhyhorn on Route 9, Mamoswine on Route....the one next to Dendemille Town, and Skiddos on Route 12. What did you all think of this little extra tidbit? Would you like to see it in future Pokemon games and be expanded upon/improved? Or was this something you didn't care for?

Share your thoughts.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The trailers made it look like this was a semi-important feature so it made me sad to find out how useless it was in general once I got my hands on a copy of X. Mounting Pokemon could've had so much potential and I would've been very, very happy to see it serve a bigger purpose. For starters, why can't we mount our party Pokemon? It would've been a nice form of transportation and could've served as its own "bike" of sorts to speed up movement. I'd have liked mounting our Pokemon to help out with finding hidden items, too.

Such potential. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I though you'd be able to ride your Pokémon instead of your bike... So I was kind of dissappointed... : (

Years
  • I was never really big for the Gogoat shuttle when it was brought upon the gameplay. Since getting around Lumiose is not that much of a baffle for me anymore, it feels slow paced and not very entertaining.

I liked riding the Skiddo in the Ba De Meer Ranch (sp?) a lot more.

Years
  • I do admit the riding Pokemon mechanic didn't get as much distribution as we think, but I really love riding the Skiddo in the Baa De Mer Ranch because it can get you to ledges you otherwise couldn't reach. I also once tried out the Gogoat Shuttle in Lumiose City but it wasn't as fun as the Skiddo.

Years
  • To be honest, when it was revealed you could ride Pokemon I thought they'd have a bigger role + you could ride your own Pokemon. I even went and caught a Skiddo hope I could ride it, and was very disappointed when I couldn't ;; Anyway, I loved the feature, but I wished it had a bigger role. For instance, why not have Rhyhorn racing? It's mentioned quite a few times (heck, your own mother is a famous Rhyhorn racer) and you can ride Rhyhorn, so I found it odd that it wasn't something you could do.

Years
  • To be honest, when it was revealed you could ride Pokemon I thought they'd have a bigger role + you could ride your own Pokemon. I even went and caught a Skiddo hope I could ride it, and was very disappointed when I couldn't ;; Anyway, I loved the feature, but I wished it had a bigger role. For instance, why not have Rhyhorn racing? It's mentioned quite a few times (heck, your own mother is a famous Rhyhorn racer) and you can ride Rhyhorn, so I found it odd that it wasn't something you could do.

Hmmm....multiplayer Rhyhorn racing...yesss

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't think I've even ridden Gogoat. Really no need to, with the taxis. Skiddo's kinda fun since they're really fast and I had to scour that entire route for the Sachet and Whipped Dream anyways. Rhyhorn is just annoying though, because it takes so long to get to that one cave. Mamoswine is annoying too, but at least you can fly to either ends of the route.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • It had a lot of potential, but falls short by a mile. Not that I'm complaining, X and Y did ssssssooooooo many right things (see I'm a big gen 5 hater) that I couldn't care less about the meaningless little things, honestly I wasn't ever all that into it even when it was first announced, anyways.

Years
  • A lovely feature that I was really excited for when first announced, but when playing the games I was let down. All of the areas where you mounted a Pokemon seemed scripted and unnatural. They were still fun and something that hasn't been done before in the series, but I was expecting a little more to the feature. Nevertheless, I could see it continuing to be a staple in future Pokemon games and improving along the way!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really didn't like it, simply because it was basically useless and the Pokemon themselves were really slow. Or at least everything SEEMED so much slower because we're so used to zipping around on our rollerskates. I agree with Sheep, there was so much potential that was lost in the fact they really didn't do much with the feature :(

Imagine what this feature could do in a region with actually long routes. Like in Ranger, when you could travel on foot but could also take a Pokemon for as a more convenient and faster way!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My thoughts are basically the same as everyone else's: great idea, but poorly implemented/not used to its full potential. It's too bad really. Maybe it'll be good in ORAS (assuming they even keep this feature in that)?

Back