• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hey fellow trainers, just a quick question here. How do I know my pokemon battle team in secret base battle?

Your team will be the first three 'mons in your party the last time you saved and game sync'ed. ;)

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Your team will be the first three 'mons in your party the last time you saved and game sync'ed. ;)
    Will they all be level 40 if they're all low level? And what is the level release everyone is talking about? Sorry if this sounds stupid, I'm new to the game. :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Will they all be level 40 if they're all low level? And what is the level release everyone is talking about? Sorry if this sounds stupid, I'm new to the game. :)

Your team will be adjusted to whoever's visiting your base. But if your team's only at that level, well, the level balancer thingy will only be up to that level, I think.

The Level Releaser will remove the level balancer thingy, making everyone's team in a base to be what their original levels are. Example, you're going to visit my base (it only has a Talonflame, last I checked). My team's level 100. If you don't activate the Level Releaser, then my team's level will be around your team's level. If you activate it however, then my team will use their actual levels.

And oh, the Level Releaser is a Secret Base item that you can place in your base. I forgot when you'll be able to get it though...

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Re-posting in case my question got skipped a couple pages ago.

How do you delete Secret Team name and Team Slogan?
    Once I spoke to my secret pal, they automatically locked me into making a team name and slogan. I don't want my base to be called Team [x]'s Base. I just want it back to 's Base on the green flag when I enter the base.
    I deleted my secret pals but no luck.
    You can't delete team name and slogan. You'll have to stick with it once you talk to your pal..

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Hello guys, just quick question,

I know you could get shines on oras but since downloading the update 1.2 patch, I haven't seen anyone say if shineys are now locked?

Reason I'm asking is because after putting my best pokemon in my bank, I decided to start Omega Ruby again, this time, shiny hunting...
    and for the past 2 and a half days I've been CONSTANTLY soft resetting for a shiney Treecko with no luck,

I just wanted confirmation that the shineys haven't been locked since the 1.2 patch update.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I wouldn't say so because I'm one of those people with the zero luck factor, I've tried soft resetting a shiny starter for as long as a week in other games including AS and have NEVER succeeded. Only a fraction of this is because I tend to get sick of it even when I really want to push on for as long as it takes (in fact I didn't give AS much of a try at all because I went into it not much feeling like it, I was too anxious to play). I've never had the best patience level and the rate is like one out of every multiple thousand SRs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    And oh, the Level Releaser is a Secret Base item that you can place in your base. I forgot when you'll be able to get it though...
    You get it on the Battle Resort somewhere from what I remember.
    Not sure exactly where, but I know it's somewhere on Battle Resort.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is going to sound kinda strange but I wanna know if this has happened to anyone before. Its happened twice now that I've thrown a ball at a pokemon and instead of the usual 3 shakes and its caught, it gave 1 shake and it was caught. Did I push extra by accident or was this luck? The first time was when I caught Rayquaza in an Ultra Ball. Second was a Ralts, also in an Ultra Ball.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This is going to sound kinda strange but I wanna know if this has happened to anyone before. Its happened twice now that I've thrown a ball at a pokemon and instead of the usual 3 shakes and its caught, it gave 1 shake and it was caught. Did I push extra by accident or was this luck? The first time was when I caught Rayquaza in an Ultra Ball. Second was a Ralts, also in an Ultra Ball.

This is what's called a "critical capture", a capture mechanic introduced in Gen V. Occasionally, a whooshing sound is made when you throw a ball and the Pokemon is caught in one shake, though it's possible for this to fail. The chances of you getting a critical capture increases as you catch more Pokemon for the National Dex.

You get it on the Battle Resort somewhere from what I remember.
    Not sure exactly where, but I know it's somewhere on Battle Resort.

The Level Release is obtained from a Battle Girl residing in one of the houses.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    can someone explain to me why on the GTS some assholes are always putting some crappy Pokemon for a legendary trade?

I mean... NO! I will not trade my Kyogre for a level 3 ralts.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    can someone explain to me why on the GTS some assholes are always putting some crappy Pokemon for a legendary trade?

In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

GTS has always been like that. Pricks exist, so shit trades exist.

I think though that some of those are people cloning things or using the GTS for storage purposes, but it's not all of them.

You just gotta try to find the actual good deals. Though the Trade Corner is more reliable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Where is the best place to get a Timid Synchroniser in the game?
    Also, if I want a Timid Kyurem-White, would I have to get a Timid Reshiram, a Timid Kyurem, or both?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now

Some people don't have Pokebank and no second 3DS, so they use the GTS to transfer some Pokemon from one version to another. Then there's kids who see people doing that and think that they can get a cool Pokemon by putting up something that's not nearly as much worth as the Pokemon they want in return.

And lastly there are idiots who just want to fill the GTS with stupid request, because they get a kick out of it, or something. But for the most part these people aren't that common and their requests sink down the list as time passes on.
    The people you should really watch out are those who promise you some good IVs and hidden abilities while requesting something that seems to be worth just a little bit more, but less enough you'd consider parting with it, as a lot of those are just lying.
    Where is the best place to get a Timid Synchroniser in the game?
    Also, if I want a Timid Kyurem-White, would I have to get a Timid Reshiram, a Timid Kyurem, or both?
    The easiest way (at least for me it was) is probably to chain some Ralts with the DexNav on Route 102. That way you can see their Ability; if they have Synchronize you catch them and if not, you just beat them. That also gives you other Synchronizer for other Natures as well.

As for Kyurem-W: everything's based off of the Kyurem you have. If you have a Timid Kyurem it's fusion is Timid as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Hey, I just wanted to let you know that as far as I can tell, if you erase your game data, it WILL erase your Eon Ticket data as well. I can see if my StreetPass info is still on my 2DS, but I'm pretty sure the Eon Ticket is gone.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Which move tutors did ORAS introduce that BW2 didn't have? And which were removed? I know some which were newly added are Focus Punch and Water Pulse.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Jw if someone knows this on the fly: does maxie have a sidekick or best friend?

ok nvm I haven't gotten far enough in the game, I think it's tabitha

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back