• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, if synchronize works with receiving mystery gift pokemon? I am trying to use it, while getting the shiny rayquaza, but it doesn't seem to be working... :/

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, if synchronize works with receiving special gift pokemon? I am trying to use it, while getting the shiny rayquaza, but it doesn't seem to be working... :/

The likelihood is no, i checked multiple sources and though they never say synchronize doesn't work it seems to be for "wild pokemon" alone. Good luck though :)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, if synchronize works with receiving mystery gift pokemon? I am trying to use it, while getting the shiny rayquaza, but it doesn't seem to be working... :/

Based on my experience in X and Omega Ruby, no, synchronize wont work on gift 'mons. :/

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What's the best way to get money in ORAS? I'm rich in XY, because I grind in Le Wow a lot, but I'm not as fortunate in ORAS.

Others have suggested the Mauville food court, but doesn't have have a limit?

Thanks!

Years
  • What's the best way to get money in ORAS? I'm rich in XY, because I grind in Le Wow a lot, but I'm not as fortunate in ORAS.

Others have suggested the Mauville food court, but doesn't have have a limit?

Thanks!

Mauville Food Court has three different courses, offering Single, Double and Triple Battles. The Triples one can only be unlocked postgame (at least I think) but the others are able to be battled at any point in the game, with only Singles available to you at first. You do have to pay some money to battle though.

A really good trick is Trainer Rematches which are unlocked as soon as you defeat Roxanne. You'll be able to battle certain trainers who are registered in the PokeNav Plus again, and if you're looking for a good trainer to rematch go for Lady Cindy or Rich Boy Winston on Route 114 and make sure you equip an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense to one of your Pokemon because if it takes part you'll double the amount of money earned. Later on, Gentleman Walter on Route 121 is an easier option since he is the richest trainer in the game.

I'd likely recommend the latter but it's your call. Good luck!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Using the ability capsule can i switch to the hidden ability of my pokemon?

Adding on from the Gallade guy, you have two options:
    Catch a new one (with regular abilities)
    Breed it, the offspring might have* a regular ability.

In case you're using a breeding it with a Ditto, Pokémon with a Hidden Ability can also pass it down if they are bred with Ditto. The chance of the offspring having either non-Hidden Ability is 20% each.

In case for Pokémon that cann't be breed you have to catch again.

Years
  • Just as a bit of a warning, the task is very difficult and there are quite a few players who didn't want to bother with all that just for a Mega Stone. Those who couldn't complete the task just decided to get one traded from X/Y, so if you think you can't complete the Platinum Rank you could always ask someone in Trade Corner to trade a Garchompite for you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    hi
    I was using the run away method nearly 9 hours for latias, but I accidentally soft reseted.... will it affect the shiny rate?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2015
    The term for next generation refers to each generation of pokemon from game to game. Like a a family a mother and there child are two different generations.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • You can get it in Fortree City. All mega stones can be obtained in OR and AS.

Source

Just as a bit of a warning, the task is very difficult and there are quite a few players who didn't want to bother with all that just for a Mega Stone. Those who couldn't complete the task just decided to get one traded from X/Y, so if you think you can't complete the Platinum Rank you could always ask someone in Trade Corner to trade a Garchompite for you.

Thank you both for the quick replys.

I think I will just import my Garchompite over from X.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • hi
    I was using the run away method nearly 9 hours for latias, but I accidentally soft reseted.... will it affect the shiny rate?

Soft resetting can actually increase the rate of encountering a shiny, which is why many people use this method today. Let me know if this info helped at all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back