• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. I can't log in the Pokemon Global Link, when I log in there is no proof that I am logged in it does not ask me what game card I want to use. Have I been banned because the name magicalgirlj is inappropriate?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. I can't log in the Pokemon Global Link, when I log in there is no proof that I am logged in it does not ask me what game card I want to use. Have I been banned because the name magicalgirlj is inappropriate?

When you type in your username and password, is it just refreshing the page and asking you to sign in again? If so, this happened to me when I first signed up for PGL :/ Just try it a few times and it should let you in eventually. When it did that to me it took me about 4 or 5 tries. I've heard of this happening to a few other people, but not sure if it's a common thing.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'm sorry but how do I find Hidden Pokemon? I have the national pokedex but I'm still having trouble.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm sorry but how do I find Hidden Pokemon? I have the national pokedex but I'm still having trouble.

Most areas have about three National Pokemon and they can only be obtained by the special spots that activate DexNav. Basically you've got to use the sneak method in order to find them rather than just regular encounters.

Years
    Adding onto Blue's post, here's the list of DexNav-only Pokemon and where to find them:

Spoiler:

Skrelp and Throh are OR exclusive, while Clauncher and Sawk are AS exclusive. Shellos has a different form depending on which game you're playing, West Sea for OR and East Sea for AS

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Anybody know what is a good way to level a pokemon's friendship at the start of a game? I don't want it to level too much so that it misses too many moves it would of learnt when it evolves.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Anybody know what is a good way to level a pokemon's friendship at the start of a game? I don't want it to level too much so that it misses too many moves it would of learnt when it evolves.

You could do the core Super Training and try to get as many Soothing Bags as you can. Granted, it might take a while, since which bag you get from core training is completely random, and you'd have to get about 8 of them in order to increase your Pokemon's friendship enough to evolve it (friendship starts at 70 for most Pokemon, but some species have a different base friendship. Each Soothing Bag raises friendship by 20 points)

If you've gotten to Mauville City, you could also give your Pokemon a massage every day. That could also take a while, but it's one way you could raise friendship fairly early in the game without your Pokemon having to level up too much.

And of course, don't let it faint! Good luck :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2015
    should i restart my game

i beat the game but I am getting bored of the after game should I restart

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    i beat the game but I am getting bored of the after game should I restart

If you are perfectly fine with your accomplishments disappearing, as well as your shiny and/or rare Pokemon, Mega Stones, etc. disappearing, then feel free to do so! It never hurts to restart a game as long as you're happy and satisfied with it.

I'd also like to add that you can ask your friends to hold on your shinies, rare Pokemon, Mega Stones and other precious things though tradings. :)

Enjoy the new game!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Years
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this specific question, but I guess i'll post it here anyway since it's where I would need the answer to it most: is confusion a status that can trigger Marvel Scale? Because a while back, I watched YouTube user Aquablade11's Alpha Sapphire Blind Insanity Nuzlocke, and when he battled Wallace, his Grumpig confused the Milotic with Teeter Dance, and he was doing around 1/3 with Psyshock. But after Wallace healed and the Milotic was no longer confused I think, it was doing 50% and he got a 2HKO, which he even said he didn't get what was going on. (Here is the video in question - at around 25:52 or so, he gets a critical hit that does half health while Milotic is confused.)

Based on this, I can only assume that confusion triggers Marvel Scale, but there may have been something else in the video that i'm not getting. Either way, thanks!

Years
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this specific question, but I guess i'll post it here anyway since it's where I would need the answer to it most: is confusion a status that can trigger Marvel Scale? Because a while back, I watched YouTube user Aquablade11's Alpha Sapphire Blind Insanity Nuzlocke, and when he battled Wallace, his Grumpig confused the Milotic with Teeter Dance, and he was doing around 1/3 with Psyshock. But after Wallace healed and the Milotic was no longer confused I think, it was doing 50% and he got a 2HKO, which he even said he didn't get what was going on. (Here is the video in question - at around 25:52 or so, he gets a critical hit that does half health while Milotic is confused.)

Based on this, I can only assume that confusion triggers Marvel Scale, but there may have been something else in the video that i'm not getting. Either way, thanks!

I looked up on Serebii and it's only affected by "non-volatile" status conditions such as burn, paralysis, poison, sleep and freeze. Confusion doesn't trigger the ability at all.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Hmm...It's hard to say for sure, since we can't see the actual numbers, but to my eyes it looked closer to about 42% the first time vs. 33% the second time (just my view though, could be totally off). Don't forget that in every Pokemon game, ORAS included, there's a random component to damage calculation. To my knowledge though, Marvel Scale is unaffected by confusion.

Hope that helps :)

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    Eon Ticket Question!

I feel like I'm in the wrong thread, so I'm really sorry if it is. I have a quick question? Do you have to reach a certain point in the game to receive the eon ticket via streetpass? or can I receive it before I even see Steven with his Latios/Latias? thank you!! :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    You can receive your Eon Ticket at any point in the game as soon as you are able to receive StreetPass data (around Rustboro, iirc) but you can't go until you receive your Mega Bracelet, at which point you then go back to Petalburg to talk to Norman, and he grants you access to go to Southern Island via the ferry at Slateport Harbor.

(Also, this thread is handy for quick in-game questions!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back