• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I work with an organization where we go into underprivileged school systems and we play games with kids from K-5th to teach them positive characteristics that will help them grow into role models. That being said, I can attest that that specific age can be pretty self test worthy at times, as their attention spans are pretty short and they are easily distracted. However, it's really fun just to get into the head of a little kid and talk with them on their level; sometimes you forget how to act like a kid as you gradually grow up, so working with kids is a nice reminder that you can have the best of both worlds really.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why do you have such an uneasiness towards kids, if you don't mind me asking? They're absolutely wonderful little demons delights in my opinion. ~

I don't really know, probably just that I don't have much experience around them so they make me feel awkward, and I'm old enough that I'm expected to be an authority figure but I don't know things like what's appropriate to exert my authority for, how to tell if a kid if lying, etc. Also they're so honest that I'm constantly waiting for one of them to say something that's insulting but they just don't know it yet.

I did tutor inner city middle schoolers when I was in high school so it's not like I'm incapable of interacting with kids, but the unpredictability combined with my anxiety causes stress when I do.

Years
    I don't mind kids, if they're well behaved. There was a kid I think maybe 3 or so at this pizza place Friday that was an absolute terror. The parents let them run around without a care, and didn't say anything until I spoke up after their kid came up to our table and grabbed a soda and pulled my hair. Like seriously? You can't have a better handle on your kid? Dont bring them out

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I know we've moved past the topic of me, but I just feel the need to clear something up, so excuse this, but I was not drunk at work -_- I was drunk last night.
    In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

I was going to say, I would have been shocked if that was the case. I'm glad to know that you were just getting drunk at home/with friends (;

Years
    Oh, well, I did a lot of driving, but never actually while drunk. When we actually drank in public, we sat around for hours and hours playing board games until we sobered up.

Then, the nights we drank, we also played board games.
    I won Cards Against Humanity..but I lost Never Have I Ever

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I ran out of rum tonight and had to switch to vodka and it was unpleasant. Gotta head to the liquor store tomorrow since classes are about to end and being out of rum when I don't have to get up early in the morning would be terrible.

Years
    Is it powerful stuff? It sounds dangerously awesome.
    Well, I dunno. It's not the most potent stuff (..I think I read it's like 34 proof), no, but it's sweet and delicious. It goes well with other stuff. I wouldn't recommend it by itself, tho, cuz it's a little thick. It goes well with like sprite or other spirits :B

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've honestly never had to work around children, but for some odd reason, I've always wanted to just to see the experience. I mean, I don't really see how we could hate children, considering how we used to be children at one point in time. @_@

Used to babysit my neighbor's children few years ago back when I was in high school, and it wasn't all that bad. =) I'd usually stay in the living room and do my own thing, and they'd either work on their homework or play video games. They were pretty mature, luckily, so I've never gotten into any sort of trouble with them.

Years
    That's at least good that you were watching over mature children.. I couldn't even imagine watching over a child that was immature though @_@

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    All this drinking talk reminds me how much of a tough little tomboy my mother was when she was a kid. She chewed "tobaccy" since she was 9 and switched to cigarettes when she was 11 because the tobacco made her dizzy when she went on her cycle. Her dad let her try 150 proof white lightning off his shelf… I think he was pulling some reverse psychology since she never goes past more than a six pack of beer in a month, ever. :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, I dunno. It's not the most potent stuff (..I think I read it's like 34 proof), no, but it's sweet and delicious. It goes well with other stuff. I wouldn't recommend it by itself, tho, cuz it's a little thick. It goes well with like sprite or other spirits :B

That sounds exactly like something I would like. Sweet thing you mix with sprite and vodka = sounds amazing.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Alcohol, huh? Me drinking alcohol...

don't think it's gonna happen, it would be just eww imagining myself drunk. ugh..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back