• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Kudos to you for achieving that! Wish I can say the same some years later :)

I'm sure you will! It's been a rocky ride but if you work your butt off and take advantage of every opportunity it's entirely possible even if you have some setbacks. At least that's my experience.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I work full time in a liquor store because I have no idea what I want my future to hold. All I know for certain is that I have no desire to go back to university but I'm not gonna let that stop me from being rich.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Hey everybody I need some new friends because all of my irl friends are too busy drinking, blazing it, playing Dark Souls, having unprotected oral interactions, eating food, hanging out, and playing Elder Scrolls Online to spend time with me anymore.

But really I'd like for some people to message me because I literally do nothing pretty much all day every day. I have a phone and kik and facebook and PC and 7 other different ways I can message people but never do because you all scare me. So come free me from my loneliness unwantedness loneliness.

Years
    Finding new friends really shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish, unless there's nobody around you with similar interests. When I first stepped foot into college back in January for the first time, I knew nobody. However, as time moved along, I met someone who liked Pokémon and actually knew more than me. We hung out every time we saw each other and played 3DS with each other as well. I guess it depends on who you're around, really.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Things worked differently with me D: When I met people, we had nothing in common for the most part. And yet, we all became great friends. You could legit look at my group and label each of us something different. The nerd, the jock, the flirt, etc etc.

Years
    I'll probably always be labeled as that "intimidating, nerdy looking girl," or something along those lines ;-; But anyway, if you want to make friends, you shouldn't simply wait around for someone to approach you; go put yourself out there, and talk to them yourself as well! :D

Years
    I guess it also has to do with personality when making friends as well. I've run across people that are extremely shy and don't want to be friends yet have the same interests as me.

Years
    That's true. I can be pretty shy around people the first time around, but I try to open myself up by comparing interests. For instance, my current crush, and I actually have like 90% of things in common; we've been acquaintances for probably 6 years until we actually started talking last September XD Funny how things work out after finally finding out that we share numerous mutual interests between the 2 of us.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I try not to be shy by being like really awkward on purpose and very very veeery sexual or making lots of jokes. But then when someone goes to have a serious conversation with me I'm totally different like real smart dood. It's casual talk that messes with me. Like how do I keep this conversation going, what if the things I say are really just making this person moan and groan and wish that I would stop messaging them back? I remember I had one ex that actually told me to just stop texting her for a couple of hours because I couldn't really find anything to talk about so I just started rambling on about random weird stuff like anime (which she doesn't watch) or video games (which she doesn't play) or music that she doesn't know/doesn't care about. Then sometimes when people message me I kinda get excited at first because "WOW SOMEONE ACTUALLY WANTS TO TALK TO ME? HOLY CRAP!" but then after a while I start being like "well I want to do this thing but if I don't reply back as soon as you message me I'll feel bad" and then I start having an internal war.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'm actually okay around people I don't know well, like I try and make conversation if I can. Admittedly if the people in question don't like football then I struggle, but still.

Years
    I try not to be shy by being like really awkward on purpose and very very veeery sexual or making lots of jokes. But then when someone goes to have a serious conversation with me I'm totally different like real smart dood. It's casual talk that messes with me. Like how do I keep this conversation going, what if the things I say are really just making this person moan and groan and wish that I would stop messaging them back? I remember I had one ex that actually told me to just stop texting her for a couple of hours because I couldn't really find anything to talk about so I just started rambling on about random weird stuff like anime (which she doesn't watch) or video games (which she doesn't play) or music that she doesn't know/doesn't care about. Then sometimes when people message me I kinda get excited at first because "WOW SOMEONE ACTUALLY WANTS TO TALK TO ME? HOLY CRAP!" but then after a while I start being like "well I want to do this thing but if I don't reply back as soon as you message me I'll feel bad" and then I start having an internal war.

Eh. I don't think taking the sexual approach would warrant anything other the creepiness factor, in my opinion \: But that's just me since I'm not accustomed to having sexual comments being thrown around me right off the bat when someone meets me. Casual conversations are meant to be more generic, I think...Like the dreaded topic of weather; something along those lines. I guess what you talk to people about would depend on the situation, or the setting where you're meeting them.

I'm actually okay around people I don't know well, like I try and make conversation if I can. Admittedly if the people in question don't like football then I struggle, but still.

Do you not have any other interests other than football? o: Like, I play badminton, and love the sport, but there have been a couple instances where people constantly talk about it. Still drives me nuts even when I know what they're talking about >>;;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Eh. I don't think taking the sexual approach would warrant anything other the creepiness factor, in my opinion \: But that's just me since I'm not accustomed to having sexual comments being thrown around me right off the bat when someone meets me. Casual conversations are meant to be more generic, I think...Like the dreaded topic of weather; something along those lines. I guess what you talk to people about would depend on the situation, or the setting where you're meeting them.

I'm also a big hands on touchy feely person, which when I was in Marching Band it got me named the band rapist because I was/am weird and I grab everyone's butts. Or used to. Until I got in trouble :I stupid new kids.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you not have any other interests other than football? o: Like, I play badminton, and love the sport, but there have been a couple instances where people constantly talk about it. Still drives me nuts even when I know what they're talking about >>;;

I'm exactly the same when it comes to sports, haha; love watching wrestling, but it gets sort of annoying to hear people go on about it. :( I don't mind it online, though, but it's sort of a different story in real life.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm also a big hands on touchy feely person, which when I was in Marching Band it got me named the band rapist because I was/am weird and I grab everyone's butts. Or used to. Until I got in trouble :I stupid new kids.

I wouldn't blame someone else on that...I would be very upset if you grabbed my butt without my permission, no matter what the reason. Generally the rule is "if you're going to do something questionably sexual to someone, don't do it without their consent." And then certainly don't blame them if they don't like it.

Years
    Typically in situations like that, I start out with small talk if I want to know someone, then I wait for them to talk about something I like. I know it may not seem like much helpful advice, but it's definitely better than talking about just football and making the other person seem confused.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    Being around unknown people is a difficult matter for me...
    Online I may hesitate with starting a conversation but after a while those blocks are mostly gone
    IRL I most certainly won't say anything at all, although that pretty much applies to anyone, no matter if unknown, friend or family :/

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Being around unknown people is a difficult matter for me...
    Online I may hesitate with starting a conversation but after a while those blocks are mostly gone
    IRL I most certainly won't say anything at all, although that pretty much applies to anyone, no matter if unknown, friend or family :/

Don't worry, you're not alone o/

I find it extremely weird how I can be outgoing online but extremely shy irl

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back