• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Most of the time, whenever I look up the meaning of an acronym, I remember it, especially if it's one that is commonly used.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    True, understanding context is incredibly important, too -- especially when transcribing common speech. Regardless, it comes down to repetition and recognition, right?

Well, the skill I'm talking about is figuring out acronyms I've never seen before in my life, so it doesn't come down to it in those cases. But in a lot of cases the immediate recognition does come down to that; it's just not a special skill to remember acronyms you've seen a lot. ;)

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Well, the skill I'm talking about is figuring out acronyms I've never seen before in my life, so it doesn't come down to it in those cases. But in a lot of cases the immediate recognition does come down to that; it's just not a special skill to remember acronyms you've seen a lot. ;)

In that case, context definitely reigns superior. I concede to that. I also possess this skill. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Most of the time, whenever I look up the meaning of an acronym, I remember it, especially if it's one that is commonly used.

It's the same for me. Only time I'd not remember these stuff is when they're long... extremely long, such as 8 - 15 characters, haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah 40 or so minutes a day would be sufficient to catch up anime after a while. A lot of times it's all about priorities; if some PC time was given up each day for anime it wouldn't take up any more time, but everyone has their list of priorities and if it doesn't fall in that list then there's no point in forcing it, you know?

Years
    As of late I've been spending my time off the computer (and PC) just watching TV and lying down on the family couch whenever I can. Mostly when I lie down on the couch, Law & Order: SVU is on the TV.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    As of late I've been spending my time off the computer (and PC) just watching TV and lying down on the family couch whenever I can. Mostly when I lie down on the couch, Law & Order: SVU is on the TV.

L&O: SVU's just great. I hate to love it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    So I spent the last few hours purging every last bit of useless chaos that was throwing off the feng shui in my room. I emptied all my drawers, cleared my tables, and reset everything of value in a balanced manner, chucking everything that wasn't functionally necessary or held significant sentimental value into the garbage. One drawer has all my spare things together in a jigsaw, all my books and games are together with my parfum and lotions together, two drawers for each my shirts and socks/whathaveyou, and the rest are empty.

My desk is cleared say for my earbuds, MP3 player and flash drive, with their cords tied around themselves. I chucked my bed and mattress into the basement and am sleeping on a mat with a well-breathing summer blanket and bulky pillow, and I have a shaded lamp at my feet…

for once I feel balanced in my room, alone. *sigh*

I think I might even pick up my old DS games and play some Pearl as I drift off to sleep. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    No need to sacrifice sleep. Just about an hour a day. 24-minutes, minimum.

Just 24 minutes? I don't think I could ever live with that. :( For me, minimum would have to be around two to three hours.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The veeeery least I need is 5h of sleep per day. (well, night) Or else I really won't function properly.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I've had a minimum of 2 hours sleep for a whole day, and I could barely keep myself up. I think I need at least 6 hours of sleep, or else I'll be dead for the day. Doesn't help that I constantly feel tired...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I will be tired but I can always make it work even if I don't sleep at all. Guess I'm lucky!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Am I the only one who sometimes gets a random jolt of energy in the morning even after pulling an all-nighter...?

That's what coffee is for. No, it's the opposite for me. Late at night is when I seem to get random jolt of energy then I can't fall asleep and am tired in the morning.

Years
    Am I the only one who sometimes gets a random jolt of energy in the morning even after pulling an all-nighter...?
    I know that feeling, but it's not after all-nighters nor in the morning XD

Usually when I feel like that, it's later in the day, but then it happens after I keep considering napping, and then when I try to nap, I just suddenly feel awake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back