• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have a hard time lately staying up all night. I's probably because I'm so old. But usually I fall asleep at about 4 am or so and then wake up at 7:30am to go to school, or I sleep straight through my alarms and then wake up at around noon. I function better on less sleep. 1-2 hours is perfect and then 6-8 hours is also perfect. Anything in between and I'll be grumpy and won't function right and will be falling asleep randomly through the day.

Years
    That's what coffee is for. No, it's the opposite for me. Late at night is when I seem to get random jolt of energy then I can't fall asleep and am tired in the morning.

I don't drink coffee though so it's an internal feeling that I randomly get for no reason at all, and it's like I have energy enough to play sports the morning following an all-nighter XD It's crazy.

I know that feeling, but it's not after all-nighters nor in the morning XD

Usually when I feel like that, it's later in the day, but then it happens after I keep considering napping, and then when I try to nap, I just suddenly feel awake.

Going to sleep at night, after being up for like 48 hours is the best feeling in the world! Especially if you don't have to be up anytime in the morning and/or early afternoon the next day :P

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    My bursts of energy happen in the afternoon. That's when I feel most awake. Which was a pain in the ass when I worked overnights because I had to sleep through the afternoon and had trouble sleeping then. Thankfully, it's over now.

Going to sleep at night, after being up for like 48 hours is the best feeling in the world! Especially if you don't have to be up anytime in the morning and/or early afternoon the next day :P
    Gawd no. That gives me a HUGE headache to go to bed after having not slept in a long time. I try to avoid staying up too late nowadays because I have been firmly hit in the ass with the "being tired all the time" stick due to aforementioned overnight job. Now I place high importance in sleep.

Years
    I function fine on little sleep. I like it. I feel productive XD

I wish I had that skill ;; I'm energetic, but I wouldn't have enough concentration to actually be productive XD

Gawd no. That gives me a HUGE headache to go to bed after having not slept in a long time. I try to avoid staying up too late nowadays because I have been firmly hit in the ass with the "being tired all the time" stick due to aforementioned overnight job. Now I place high importance in sleep.

Yeah, I'm starting to get headaches if I have less than 6 hours of sleep \: Before, I needed a minimum of 4 hours, but now that I have a certain sleep schedule, anything less than 6 will result in a headache the next morning ;;

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Wow, guys. Take your sleeping schedules more seriously. That stuff catches up with you, and quick.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    And actually staying up late a lot and sleeping in a lot takes away from your life. It's really bad for you.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Sleep deprivation and oversleeping is a well known cause for a lot of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, depression, all kinds of things. Plus it just generally shortens your life span. Just search google, there's a lot of .com and .org sites that talk about it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'd rather live 60 years being happy and not thinking every second "I shouldn't eat this thing I want to eat. I shouldn't do this thing I want to do. I shouldn't be awake at this time I want to be awake.", rather than living 100 constantly making myself miserable because I live like a 100 year old and not like a 21 year old. Sorry not sorry!

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    I'd rather live 60 years being happy and not thinking every second "I shouldn't eat this thing I want to eat. I shouldn't do this thing I want to do. I shouldn't be awake at this time I want to be awake.", rather than living 100 constantly making myself miserable because I live like a 100 year old and not like a 21 year old. Sorry not sorry!

That's assuming that you've got 60 good years ahead of you. Just saying, regardless of how long you live -- if you take care of your body it will take care of you.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's assuming that you've got 60 good years ahead of you. Just saying, regardless of how long you live -- if you take care of your body it will take care of you.

There's taking care of your body and there's making yourself miserable over taking care of your body. It's healthier to never eat cheese than to eat cheese regularly, but I refuse to make myself miserable by never eating a food I love for some hypothetical longer life. What's the point of that life if I'm unhappy living it because I hate how I live it for the sake of health?

I'm willing to exercise when I can and try not to overeat too much. I'm not willing to count the minutes I sleep or stop eating sweets and cream altogether. Everyone does unhealthy things; it's wildly hypocritical for people to criticize how others live their lives because no one is living it in the most healthy way possible.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Not everyone does unhealthy things. There are those health freaks who are so paranoid about their health. And then the Shaolin monks, who are probably immortal by now.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    There's taking care of your body and there's making yourself miserable over taking care of your body. It's healthier to never eat cheese than to eat cheese regularly, but I refuse to make myself miserable by never eating a food I love for some hypothetical longer life. What's the point of that life if I'm unhappy living it because I hate how I live it for the sake of health?

I'm willing to exercise when I can and try not to overeat too much. I'm not willing to count the minutes I sleep or stop eating sweets and cream altogether. Everyone does unhealthy things; it's wildly hypocritical for people to criticize how others live their lives because no one is living it in the most healthy way possible.

Moderation in all things -- including moderation. That's all I advocate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back