• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Instant Messaging

Years
  • So is there anyone out there that uses instant messaging? What instant messaging clients do you use? How often do you use IM? What reasons do you use IM for?

Years
  • Skype and Facebook Messenger are the only ways of communication between my friends and I other than texting :P I wouldn't say I use it particularly often because I normally don't initiate the conversations :c

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I use Skype a lot to communicate with the staff members of a game I'm a moderator on. Wouldn't be a bad way for all the staff members on here could keep in touch

Years
  • I haven't used IM'ing services as much recently, but I do have Skype. I use it mostly for fun conversations and such. And I used to use MSN but none of the people I used to talk to on it are ever on it anymore.

I do have Facebook Messenger for IRL people, but that doesn't get used by me too much.

Years
  • I used to be huge into MSN but it's dead now. 8( Use Skype to communicate in its place; not as customizable but it gets the job done and I've gotten used to it. Also use Trillian but only for speaking with some real life friends and the boyfriend!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to be a pretty big fan of MSN and AIM, but... as Sheep said, former's pretty much nonexistent now. ): As for latter, I lost interest in it; none of my friends use it anymore. I only use Skype nowadays, and have it installed on almost all my devices.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I rarely use FB to communicate with distant friend that not on my MSN list and I use MSN a LOT compare to skype even if Skype replace LIVE, I use pidgin as a replacer.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I use Skype and Hangouts only really. I mainly use Skype though, since it's what everyone seems to want to use these days...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I just use Skype. Before that, MSN/WLM was my favorite IM client, but when they killed it off and forced everyone to switch to Skype, I had no choice but to convert or lose contact with all the people I talk to online regularly...which wasn't an option.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I mostly just text, but sometimes I will use Facebook's built-in instant messaging. I also use Skypes built-in instant messaging to keep in touch with other staff members of a Minecraft server that I am also staff on.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I use Skype, and I'm on almost everyday. Just gotta keep in touch with my friends, I guess.....

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I tried so hard to get into the MSN phase, but failed =/ Nowadays, I'm literally on FB Messenger for a good half of my day. I socialize too much.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I just use Skype. Before that, MSN/WLM was my favorite IM client, but when they killed it off and forced everyone to switch to Skype, I had no choice but to convert or lose contact with all the people I talk to online regularly...which wasn't an option.

Pretty much my reasons for Skype too, actually.

I use Skype to to talk to my boyfriend the most though. There's no other way we can communicate since all he has is twitter. He hates Facebook due to personal reasons and will never use it again. That's about all I ever use as far as instant messaging goes.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Usually I use Skype nowadays, or Raidcall. I used to use MSN a lot when it was still.. there, but yeah. I use Facebook messaging from time to time too, but, I don't really do much of that since I don't have much interest in Facebook in general. ;o;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm a big skype user, so I rarely log myself out. I'm also into hangouts as well, but a lot of my friends either hate the service or don't have an account to use them.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • In the past I used AIM, MSN, and Yahoo because different people I knew used them. Now I only use Skype and Facebook. IMing sort of died out as social networks became more and more popular.

Years
    • Seen today
    I used to be a big user of instant messaging. I started off on AIM because that's what all of my school friends had at the time. Then, when I started going on internet forums and using the internet more and more, I migrated to MSN messenger, because that's what all of my internet friends used. During that time, I also discovered Facebook and switched to that being my primary means of contact outside of phone calls and texting my offline friends and cut AIM from my life. I used MSN up until they shut it down and switched to Skype. Now all of my internet friends switched to that and I just can't get into it. I log in rarely, much to the frustration of some of my friends. I don't really have much of an interest in instant messaging anymore. I like the instant contact, but all the people I talk to regularly on instant messaging I talk to in other ways. And I use Twitter a lot to keep in contact with my friends.

Back