• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Friends know all!

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
    So, I tend to tell my Internet friends a lot more personal things then my real life friends, simply to prevent drama and certain personal things getting out to the public.

Does anybody else do this?

Sirfetch’d

Well I keep my online friends close so I naturally tell them everything. I can personally remember a few times that I told a few friends from here some very personal stuff that I couldn't dream of telling anyone else. So to answer your question, yes I do.

Years
    I keep online friends close, but I actually don't tell them about my RL friends and I don't tell my IRL friends about my online friends, simply because I don't want to be made fun of at all.. but usually I don't like to tell things too personal in my life since some of the stuff is confidential, such as doctors info and I prefer not to reveal my health problems to friends unless they're really concerned about me.

But I treat online friends (especially ones close to me) like RL friends since a friend is a friend.

Years
    Well I guess if you're comfortable enough to talk about more private things with your friends then there's nothing wrong with that.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If someone's my friend, I'll share things with them without worrying about personal things getting out to the public. So I can't relate to this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I share most of my personal things with my internet friends, since I have more closer friends online than in real life. I find my online friends to be more helpful most of the time, because unlike real life friends, they are always able to listen to what I have to say. They even provide me with solutions to some of my problems, and they're just simply there whenever I need them. d:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I haven't made a really close friend here, or online, yet. My dad was always telling me how "nobody on the internet cares about you, if you tell them your secrets they'll use that information to steal your identity, people will hack into your webcam and watch you without you knowing". I think most of it is complete hype, but I'm paranoid because of it, so you'll have to be chatting with me for a long time before I reveal anything too personal about myself.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I have e-friends from a lot of "leagues", so depending on the kind of surface we chat on I tell them about my life. I don't have many friends that I "just chat with and hang around", however, so it's rare when I have a friend who I share all to.

Years
    When I first started using the internet, I wanted to keep my online life and personal life away from each other. But I changed my mind. If it's someone I trust or someone really close to me, I wouldn't mind sharing my personal things. I don't expect them to do the same though. It's up to them to decide whether or not they want to share anything.

As for whether I trust e-friends more than the ones in real life, I'd say it's fifty-fifty. Not all of the friends I have are close to me, but I trust the close ones on the internet as much as I trust the ones in real life.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    God forbid my irl friends find out half the stuff I tell my online friends o_o

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I keep online friends close, but I actually don't tell them about my RL friends and I don't tell my IRL friends about my online friends, simply because I don't want to be made fun of at all.. but usually I don't like to tell things too personal in my life since some of the stuff is confidential, such as doctors info and I prefer not to reveal my health problems to friends unless they're really concerned about me.

I couldn't have put this into better words. I don't tell my IRL friends what sort of online friends I have, and vice versa, that is private. I sure in hell do not want to made fun of on either side.

While I do have a few real life friends that I can say (almost) anything to, I do tend to be more open with online friends at times. It's not that I trust my internet friends more than my online friends; it's likely just because it's a lot easier to say something through text/online than to someone in person.. things can get a little awkward, haha. But through IM you can just mask that with some smilies and not have to worry about how your voice sounds or your facial expressions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Well my best friend is an online friend and I feel comfortable sharing things with him I wouldnt with others because he is my closest friend and I feel he understands me more than other people.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    I'll admit, I tend to be more open about my personal achievements, and tribulations to people on the internet. Noting how honestly little I've actually said about myself to many people online quite actually speaks horrors of my personal life, though, I suppose.

Years
    I had my share of internet friends (and relationships) nothing is better than the real thing. My life is transparent. My real life friends know a lot.

I was close to the online stuff, but meh.
    But it is also easier to speak online. Since you don't have to look at anyone, and it is easy to pull away if you wanted to. You could also make yourself look like anything. Just because you have CONTROL of what you say and who you look in.

I propose a DARE talk to someone who has an EAR people on the net have eyes. They can watch what you type, but they cannot always HEAR what you have to SAY.

I ask you tell someone a personal secret to one of your friends.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Jordan(Team Fail), Clay(Clacla), and Kristian(Linkandzelda) know everything about me. Like everything. I tend to give out a lot more information about myself online than I do to me real life friends. I dunno why ;;

Back