• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Identity

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
    I'd say I'm the same for the most part, other than being much more of a douche irl. I also have a bit of a happy facade on the web other than my depressed self as normal irl.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm pretty similar, I'd say. There's a few minor differences.. I'm a bit more shy and I'm a lot more sarcastic in person.
    I just tend to have a lot less trouble communicating with people online than I do in person. Because disabilities.

...Well. Maybe a bit more of an airhead online. My memory isn't the best so I tend to forget to respond to people online, or even via text. It's nothing personal if I didn't respond to our conversation, promise. I just forget that it was even happening. The doesn't sound like a very polite excuse. Doesn't help that I'm a little more extroverted online, too, so I'll start a conversation.. and then not respond several messages in. D:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'd like to think i'm the same here as in real life, and what people see from me on here is very much what they'd get in a face-to-face situation. No personas, no separate identities, just me as I am.

That said, I did at one stage try to keep my real life and my internet life as separate as possible, now I don't care as much.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I'm way less offensive in real life, and I do tone it down a lot here just because I think its not really as socially acceptable here as other places online. Besides the mods here are pretty cool I don't wanna give them any extra unpleasant work. With my online friends I tend to be quite rude and loud and social, but in real life I'm shy and scared of everyone. I don't mind that. Often I just put my foot in my mouth anyway so it saves me from myself.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    My Internet life is pretty much my true, real self but real life...well, I'll be pretty damn shy and I also have autism so that may explain some things.

I also trust more people on the Internet than in real life since the people in my real life are jerks except for a group of people that I play card games with.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    I'm pretty much the same.

I mean I talk more online because I can go on a monologue without boring someone, but otherwise, mostly, yeah.

One thing that gets me is, though, that people seem to think I'm angry a lot of the time online. Like I might point out something that could be considered offensive or something and all of a sudden I'm told to calm down. And I sit there like, what, no, I'm not angry? I actually have a really chill personality and sort of just go with the flow, for everything. I rarely ever get mad or anything. If I do though, ♥♥♥♥ yeah you'll know.

Now that I've sworn, irl I swear, a lot. Way way more than online. I think it's because online I type a bit slower than I talk (I type damn fast) but yeah I swear worse than sailors over here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think online I'm pretty negative yet more open. I guess being more open just means I show my negative side a hell of a lot more online lol. I just conceal how I feel irl all the time because I feel like I'd just be bringing everyone down and no one really wants to hear it. Much easier to type up online and then forget about it. Idk when I'm typing online to a thread I feel like I am just putting thoughts on a subject, but not really talking to anyone. Which I enjoy because I don't really want to talk to anyone lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Online is closer to the real me, I think. I need time to form coherent responses to a lot of things, and face-to-face conversation doesn't afford me that.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I'm pretty much the same way in real life as I am here. I talk and act the same. I can't really act different. I just come off as how I am naturally. x3

I am more social online than offline but that's probably the case with lots of people. x3

But yeah, I don't fake myself online.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I don't put on an act or anything, but I do come across differently. For one, I'm able to go back and amend what I've said if I don't like it or I think someone might misunderstand. I also tend to be more confident, more assertive, etc. I'm much better at being those things offline than I used to be, but I still have a lot more presence online than I do offline, to be sure.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Online is closer to the real me, I think. I need time to form coherent responses to a lot of things, and face-to-face conversation doesn't afford me that.
    This is so me.

Things move too quickly in real life. All these face-to-face interactions and their lack of detailed responses or time to make one... my mind can't keep up. I'm much better at expressing myself through text. First off, my words are more coherent because I can see them. I have a big problem with understanding spoken words. It all sounds like noise to me a lot of the time, so I can hardly ever barely hear others or express myself in a coherent fashion. I often have to say "What did you say?" many times in real life.

Due to being unable to keep up and being vastly afraid of people face-to-face, I tend to be much more quiet and shyer like most people. I don't express myself or my opinions ever, often saying responses that are vague and neutral due to fear of offending anyone. I'll only do so to my close friend who I live with and knew beforehand from the internet.

Online, I'm still very neurotic and scared of what others think, but less so due to the fact that it isn't in real time most of the time. And even if it is, it can easily be minimized and hidden from and is text rather than this scary face with these bug eyes of staring. I tend to express myself much more here and am more of what I actually am; long-winded and full of thoughts. Also, whilst I am more polite and neutral in real life, I'm more outgoing and social here. Particularly with humor. Some described me previously as "bubbly" and "fun." Descriptions I couldn't really think of being applied to me outside of the internet.

Though for some reason, people still seem to like my quieter demeanor in real life. They think of me as kind. Perhaps it has some strange charisma I don't forsee.

But generally, the internet me is my actual true inner self expressed. Real life me is just a person who says very little and avoids very much.

Years
    I think I'm the same person online as I am in real life, except maybe with a touch of a dirty mind on the internet. ;)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I'm really laidback in real life, and if you get to know me and I get comfortable with you then that'll show through but I feel like my forum personality here is far more serious than I actually am haha. but I feel like it's pretty reflective of what I'm actually like on the whole.

Years
    I'm definitely more outgoing online than I am irl--I find it easier to interact with people, make friends, talk about my interests and other things, etc. Other than that, however, I'm pretty much the same.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I used to be a lot different from who I was on the internet and who was in person. Now not so much.

I do like to play games though. I'll create a character and act as that character for months then change to a new one. One time I had a site actually have a game every time I made a new account to try and find me which the staff arranged with me.

Back