• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Identity

srinator

Do you put on a identity completely different from what you are in real life? Do you come to the internet to live a different life?

i act the same way i do in real life, but yeah from time to time i do try and change to spice things up.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I try to be the same person, but more social. I'm pretty cold in real life, but I change that here. It's like the internet is the only place I can be really social. :P

But, it depends with the people I'm around. If I'm with friends, I'm pretty much as social as anyone else. Put me in a room with strangers, and I'm shut up like a clam.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I'd like to say I'm similar online to I am in real life. But of course, there are differences some which are just naturally there and some I deliberately maintain. d:

Years
    Unlike my real life self, I'm not as shy. In fact I do end up being more of a trickster, or someone who loves to have a good laugh.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm the opposite. In real life I'm an anti-social nerd without the glasses. I play video games, spend most of my time being in my room, etc. >< Online, I'm a bit more outgoing and a little more social.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am more social online, but I wouldn't say it's because I'm different - it's because I would like to be more social in real life but things hold me back.

From a philosophical perspective, online you is still you because you're the one acting that way; it's just another facet of you.

Years
    I am practically the same in real life. :) Although I must admit, online i'm a bit more self-confident...whereas in reality i'm rather introverted and shy. I guess that's the case for a lot of people! I suppose online, i'm the 'REAL' me and behave how I behave with those closest to me in reality.

Years
    Along the same lines as Terabyte, despite my friendly approach around PC, I'm actually quite pessimistic, and cold in real life \: But that's not the case with friends; more so with strangers. Though I try to stay as natural as possible to my offline self. I'm probably slightly more sociable online than I am offline simply because I find it easier to communicate through text rather than words. Often times I have all these thoughts I want to say to people, but then jumble them up when I try express myself ;;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm a slightly different person in reality, but only slightly. I think the way to make the distinction is that online I'm the me I am in my head, whereas there's more filtering that goes on when you're face to face with people.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    My jokes have to be quite different irl, simply because I hang out with people who do not get any of the Internet/gaming-related references. But, that's the only difference.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    In internet, I'm pretty much the same of myself in real life, except that I'm quite more talkative to friends in the internet at some point.

Years
    I'd say I'm actually less social in PC than in real life because I usually can't be bothered to start conversations or continue it. Personality-wise nothing's really different.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I act completely different online. I find myself being way to serious and non-social when I'm online. In real life pretty much everything I say is some kind of a joke or some way of messing around.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Online peeps have told me the same thing several times: I've been described as an extrovert, the "life of the party". But in reality, I am not like that AT ALL irl. I am the complete opposite. I don't have that many friends near me (most are in San Diego), and I am an introvert. I also get really anxious when I start conversations, but...heh, I think that flaw also applies online as well because I prefer others to start convos that I do.

Also, my name isn't even Megan irl. Don't ask.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm nearly the same online and in real life. I struggle a bit when it comes to starting conversations with people, but still manage to; when I do, I could go on and on non-stop to the point where you would literally find me annoying, haha. I'm not cold nor am I completely happy-go-lucky; I'd say I'm somewhere in-between. I usually don't get upset or anything, but... it's sort of tough to cool down whenever I actually wind up that way. ): Most of the time, though, whatever happens is my fault, so I don't put blames on anyone and try to deal with things myself.

Years
    I think I'm about the same now. The newbie-to-the-forum excitement has worn off and I'm back to baseline levels of intro/extroversion. I'm definitely not a cold person, and I say what's on my mind. I jumble and stutter my words occasionally irl, and similarly my grammar online lapses as well.

Back