• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is wonder trade dead?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • event pokemons cant be wonder traded so it cant be true they have ta certain ribbon if they are real that prevent them from being traded in wt and gts

Well, I think it was hacked... but it still makes me wonder how. I tried transferring my hacked legends from Black/White series, and they got deleted. :/ I don't know if power save might have something to do with the Jirachi being hacked. *shrug* I still kept it though. I wanted a Jirachi, and I got one. That's all that matters to me.

Anyway, I haven't wonder traded in a long time. I usually do it when I'm after new pokemon I don't have or for restarts if I can get all the ones I need for a good team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well I Wonder Trade WAAAAY to much...lol. I'll get the We couldn't find you a trade partner every so often. I always have good luck at about 3AM EDT because it's the middle of the night for me but Japan is active and I always seem to get my shiny Pokemon during that time.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I stopped wondertrading awhile ago but ik cause my friend does Wondertrading wednesdays and loves to text me what shinies he got its not dead pllus what happended happens to everyone from time to time just a low amount of activity lately it may be dying out slowly though.

Years
  • I've never heard of Wonder Trading Wednesdays! What's that all about? (Aside from the obvious!)

I used to Wonder Trade a lot, for the fun and to get the IDs for the Lottery, but I'm too scared to now after hearing horror stories of people's games getting corrupted!

Benamon

Programmer and fan
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever had my game corrupted, is there something I didn't hear about?
    I've wonder traded a ton and gotten some pretty sweet Pokemon out of it.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i haven't done any wonder trading yet in alpha sapphire. my bf did and he got a staryu. i thought that was cool xD

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I used to Wonder Trade a lot, for the fun and to get the IDs for the Lottery, but I'm too scared to now after hearing horror stories of people's games getting corrupted!
    Rest assured, they aren't true. Those stories come from people, who try to scare people, so they stop WTing all these early game rodents. If there was an actual way to corrupt the save file through WTing, we'd know about it and more importantly, GF would be forced to do something about it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I've been doing a play-through where I'm kind of role-playing within the roleplay and there was a part in the story where my character discovered wondertrade. So I went to wondertrade praying that I didn't get any of the starting route fodder, totally breaking the immersion! (Yes, I'm sad like that) and I ended up getting a level 17 Combusken. I picked Treecko as my starter so I was pleased with this. So I guess you still can get good things through it! Who sends a Combusken though? Haha. I mean level 1 Torchic or Level 100 Blaziken, but Combusken? Weird!

Raythegamer

Legendary Gamer
    Years
  • I think it's because of the lame offers Wonder Trade is not that popular.I usually use the Global Trade and it actually has pretty good offers(like a level 71 Mewtwo for a level 79 Mewtwo)

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Been wondertrading a lot over the last few days. I've had maybe three "not found a trading partner"; about 50% of zigzagoons, poochyenas, caterpies and ralts; 50% other things, including some pokemon I have never encountered before. Wondertrade is certainly not dead.

Last night I got the same mix as above but also three shinies! Looks like Wondertrade Wednesdays is still going strong too!

Years
  • Wonder Trade has definitely died down a lot since it was first released. I used to never have the problem of not finding a problem, and even though it's only occasionally, sometimes I can go two or three times without a partner. I have to say, though, since Wonder Trade has died down, I've had a lot more luck finding some pretty cool Pokémon. I've even gotten a shiny once or twice. :)

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Either I get what I'm looking for or Pokémon I don't need. Though, I did get a Dialga the other day which was a shock. But mostly I WT my breed jects hopefully getting something with egg moves.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Try using it on Wednesday. A lot of people do "Wonder Trade Wednesday" where they give out a lot of Pokémon who have been bred to have high IVs and even shinies, I think some people on Twitch even stream when they're WTing their shinies and whatnot too.

However, it's kinda expected to be used less as the amount of people playing Pokémon starts to dwindle. It'll pick up again when Z version (or whatever) gets released - even maybe when it's announced, since I know some people like to breed some Pokémon in preparation for a new game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I still use Wonder Trade - many repeated Pokemon I don't like I seem to get a lot, once in a while I'll get some with hilarious nicknames.

As for myself:
    When I breed, the so called 'breed rejects' with bad natures & ability I don't WT, I just release them. Normally for me it's about 2/3rds of the eggs.
    With my remainders, I'll breed an entire box - the ones with correct nature and ability - I will save 6 for GTS and the other 24 I will Wonder Trade, but I'll make sure to give them an item (such as a Full Restore).

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I noticed it as well.
    Now, I'm a night owl in the United States, so since most people in the US are asleep, it could be taking away from the population on Wonder Trade.
    However, I've always been on the night schedule. And it's only recently that I've been getting long waits for a trade partner, so, yeah. I'd say WT is dying down.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Occasionally I just trade a lot of Pokemon I got two or more of. About 10 or so, and just see what it turns out to be. And I have to say it works pretty well for me usually. I got a lot of Pokemon that I didn't catch yet, and the waiting times are really acceptable (about 10-15 seconds). But I live in Europe, not sure if that makes a difference.

Back