• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Its almost like life! Wait, it is...

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • Everybody has at least one! Yep, addictions. Some are "bad" some are terrible, and some are weird but... yeah, super weird.

Please keep this chit chat about addictions CLEAN. We don't want another bad thread.

What do you think you are addicted to if you don't know what you're addicted to? When did you notice your addiction? Is it bad? Is it harmful to your health? Is it common? Are you working to get rid or control the addiction?

I too have addictions. Here are a couple.
    I guess you can say I am addicted to cigarettes :/ I hate it, I quit several times but gone back, but now I am working hard to slow it down and eventually quit!
    At one point I was addicted to sugar.... I would eat tiny bowls of sugar one summer when we used to have imternet years ago and I pretty much quit that.
    I think I am addicted to PC lol. Must check it. Always >\\\<

So what have ypu got?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Cigarettes. I started smoking some 5 years ago, and never quit. I never even attempted to quit. But meh, I like smoking.

Also, I'm addicted to coffee. After I wake up, the first thought that pops into my mind is "coffee". Then I drink coffee in the afternoon, too, and sometimes in the evening. What can I say? I love it :)

Besides that, I don't think I'm addicted to anything else...

victini91

Star of the Victory
    Years
  • Heh, me first.

Seriously, I've never addicted to something so much till the Dong Nguyen's Flappy Bird game comes out. That's when my black day comes. I don't know why. The 8-bit graphics has become my new life, the flapping sounds are my main music, the green post is my future hope to pass.

It's a bad addiction. I've broke out several phones (as I remember two Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5) because of the Super Effective Outrage before sticking out with an iPhone 5c and it's a lot easier in iPhones ( I managed to get 182 points as the highest ) then Nexuses (only 7!). Plus, I've only slept for 4-6 hours then Flappy Bird time, I say! Until now, I'm still playing with it and attempting to break milestone of 200.

I have sweet tooth (considering I'm 16) and I like toffee and marshmallow. I have those one time in a week.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I don't think I'm addicted to anything to be honest. There's things that I enjoy, and do constantly, but it's not an addiction.

If there was one, it would be more like a bad habit. And that's probably biting my fingernails.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm addicted to Loki... which is obvious lol. I'm also addicted to pokemon and writing. I can spend hours writing or playing Pokemon to no end. It gets to the point where I end up losing track of time. I do have a slight addiction towards Persona 4 Golden too. I really love this game because it's so funny and fun to play... at least until you get to the more serious parts of the story. :/ I also have an addiction with disabilities and trying to learn more about them. This includes mental illness as well. I'm not sure why, but it's just something I've found addicting to look up. Besides, it does help me learn more about what someone has.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I spent a lot of time being addicting to drugs. Once that was kicked, the insatiable side of my personality quickly latched onto different things to substitute my craving for drugs. This included, but is not limited to; gauging, smoking, caffeine, video games (I wish this was a lie, I once spent 16 hours playing SSB Melee), art, fountain pens, yoyoing, kendama, collecting arbitrary items, my replacement therapy, and finally school.

I still have a bunch of habits to kick, but I'm on my way. The most important thing is that I'm going to live long enough to see these addictions though to the end.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I have an addiction to purchasing stuffed animals and figures. I have over 100 figures and 70 stuffed animals. I used to also have an addiction to collecting pokemon cards, but I let that go, because I used to do it because I got depressed.

Despite me having used drugs I've never been addicted to anything like that lol :p

Years
  • No unhealthy addictions that could potentially harm me (: Like a few people have already mentioned, the internet and video games. Also, cute stuff, like my 16+ plushes all congregated on my bed.

Shhmew

Years
  • I think I may have been addicted to caffeine once; when I was about 15 I was drinking at least 8 cans (96 oz) of Dr. Pepper a day. When I tried to stop, I got really bad headaches. I guess I just slowly weaned myself off of them though, because now the most caffeinated drinks I ever drink is maybe 20 oz per day, and even that's rare. And I don't get headaches from withdrawals anymore haha.

Today, I don't think I'm addicted to anything. I've never drank any alcohol or smoked anything or did any other kinds of drugs in my life, except ibuprofen which I take whenever I have a headache :l but I don't think you can get addicted to ibuprofen heh. I don't take any regular medication either. The only video game I typically play is Pokemon and I certainly don't get withdrawals from playing it xD

So yeah. Pretty sure I'm clean.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I have REASONABLY good self discipline when it comes to uh, not starting on habits, but not quite as strong willpower when it comes to dropping them. Diet-wise I prolly have a wee bit too much sugar and I definitely had a caffeine binge when I was 16-18; to the point where one night I had FAR too much and my heart started going far quicker than it should have and I was quite uneasy. Quite scary. Definitely enough for me to not have another caffeinated drink since that night.

If I smoked I'd smoke until I had no money or ill health. Someone like me is best avoiding those things!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Physical CD's. I've probably got over a 100 as of now. I had to limit myself to one CD per week because it was emptying my wallet, but it's been very difficult for me to control my urges to buy, buy buy! I've always just been more of a fan of physical over digital; just how my brain is wired.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • on the terms of healthier, less severe addictions, im addicted to the internet, video games, and music.

for things more mature, ive been a victim of self-harm and other types of mutilation of self. i still am, quite frankly. im trying my best to curb this addiction though, however some days are harder than the rest. i also used to be a heavy drinker; an alcoholic if you will. i stopped because i knew eventually i would hurt someone. again though, there are still times i find myself in a rut and the only solution is to follow through with these addictions. ive slipped up many a time, but im strong and i believe eventually i will pull through.

Sirfetch’d

My family has had a history of struggling with addictions. My grandpa who actually died from smoking was addicted since he was 11 to cigarettes and my uncle picked up after him and was the same way. Luckily neither of my parents are addicted to anything so I was never really around things like that to influence me. That said, I have seen from my family how bad these addictions can get so that has been an influence for me not to get caught up in them.

With that in mind, I am totally addicted to League of Legends, Pokemon, pizza, and Dr. Pepper :D but hey, none of that is too bad right? especially Pokemon!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I have a couple addictions, some of them are:

-Chocolate, absolutely love it, can't live without it.
    -PC. I log in and never go out until like really late, trying to cut myself off a little because of tests.
    -MMORPGs. I just love playing games, especially Fantasy games, because i prefer every world over this one hahaha.
    -Music. Whenever i'm bored or in a free class or something, i just put on my earphones and listen to the sweet sounds of Eminem, Example ,Calvin harris or System of a down.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I'm addicted to games like gba pokemon games, NFS, Project IGI, EA Cricket 2014.

Years
  • Well because of the autism thing when I tend to be borderline obsessive over my hobbies and interests - not sure if you'd call that an addiction or not.

I am pretty much addicted to the Internet, I'm on here for far too long and every day. I am addicted to pie, not even joking I need my pie and I guess it could be called an addiction; I need music.

A few years go I was addicted to taking on various personas online to say the least, that was probably bad for my mental health but I stopped, so woo.

Back