• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

job interviews

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've become a lot better at interviews in the past year. I think to some degree I still get nervous but I see interviews as a learning opportunity rather than a pressure to perform and succeed. For instance, even if I don't get the position - I know how to prepare better for next time and feedback is always super useful. It helps that I'm still in university so there's no actual consequence if I fail and I find that puts me at ease and I get a lot less nervous.

Doing a lot of interviews for university extracurriculars + the job interview to become a tutor, I find that it becomes a lot easier once you really know yourself, your values, interests, skills and how they are relevant to what you're applying for as that forms the base of a lot of my answers. I also find after answering so many curveball job interview questions on the spot that I don't get thrown off these days by any questions. One time in one of my first interviews ever in university, I walked in thinking it was a group interview but ALL 4 of the people in the room were interviewers and I was like HELP but it was ok, and I've been fine with multiple interviewers since. A lot of getting used to it was practice though and I always do have the moment five minutes before the interview where I'm like "Should I back out?!?!". But I always go through with it and am pleasantly surprised, of course there will be rejections but I've also been offered positions where I feel I didn't do well on the interview and in those moments, I'm glad I tried. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's always daunting for me to try and sell myself in front of a complete stranger. I got lucky with my current job because the boss is such a nice ol' lady + my cousin already works there and referred me. I'm trying to better my self confidence and security so I can do better with job interviews in the future.

Years
  • Hate hate hate them. I hate how the world of interviews encourages stretching the truth and outright lying, I hate feeling like I'm begging something of someone else, and perhaps above all else I hate pretending I'm normal and well-adjusted.
    And don't even get me started on phone interviews.

But I don't know, maybe someday I'll interview for something I'm confident about and actually want to do, and that'll be a totally different vibe.

Years
  • i'm mixed! i can either do really well or really poorly lol. i've had some cringy moments in interviews years ago where i babbled something silly out of being too nervous, like one time telling my interviewer 'coolio' over something he was remarking on in regards to the job/office. i prefer not to think about that since it was ages ago now. then i've had moments where i did so well and felt i clicked super well with interviewers. and those positions i either got or didn't, so i guess half the time it was just me feeling like i would've been hired. my most recent job i did horrendously on the interview on, but i guess the office needed people that badly or something?? still, my boss (who wasn't the one who interviewed me, i was interviewed by HR) absolutely loved me and i was one of the hardest working people there. so not being good at interviews shouldn't be associated with being bad at the job!

Years
  • i've gotten used to them over the years. i used to be a nervous wreck but i've found out that the more i do them, the better i get. sure, i stutter sometimes, but it's nowhere near as bad as i used to be at them. i just kinda... am used to them by now? i guess it's because i've did so many of them and i've become a lot more laid back and showcase a lot more of my genuine personality. i focus more in the moment and giving my best instead of what would happen afterwards. if i do well, that's great! if i don't, that's a bummer, but i'll move on. the important part is that i do my best in the interview and that's what i focus on.

jawadhussain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    I have lot of experience in job interviews i have give 50+ interviews in 40 days

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I've got to the point where I'm kinda confident in them, having only done a few serious ones! My most recent interview was definitely my most important for a graduate job and I was super stoked to hear they'd pretty much accepted me - then Covid happened and they cancelled all applications and aren't taking anyone on *cries*

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
  • I am very confident in a job interview. Primarily because I am usually the one giving them, and, well, that's the main reason.

Years
  • i'm terrible at them and it shows in every job interview hahaha. i manage to answer some questions barely ok but mostly i'm a shy mess and it shows. my shit communication is the main feedback of every hiring manager in interviews and that's fair enough tbh. i'm lucky people for some reason see something in me that i can't yet hahaha

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I used to be super nervous going into them. However, over the years I've just gotten so used to them. I tend to forget words though lmao.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I've only been to one and I didn't like it. :spheal:
    I was rly nervous and appeared like one hour b4 the interview because I forgot at what time it actually was, because they called me at 9am when I was just waking up. Not to mention that I had to stay around the place because my feet hurt and I didn't have money for transportation to go home and it was s*mmer.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • Before college I would get really nervous before having to go in for an interview. Luckily, my college would have us practice job interviews in front of the whole class in order to make us feel more confident. I also had to do multiple interviews while interviewing for my practicums/ co-ops. I found that this really helped in gaining that experience and confidence that you need for them. While I still get slightly nervous before having one, it's not as bad like it was before. My most recent job interview was a few months ago, but due to Covid they had to cancel the job listing.

Years
  • They don't really bother me, which is shocking to me. I don't get nervous for them at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    If I really want the job and know it's a good fit then I do really well. If it's something I'm unsure about, i don't do so well

Back