• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

?Kairyu's Art Gallery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Flygon

Ooh I made a picture. Look here.
    What do ya think? I don't think its as good as Kairyu's ninja pictures but its the first one I made using a new technique I found here. Hey I wanna know how you did the shading. Exactly how you did the shading. This technique doesn't tell you how to do shading as good as in the pictures you do Kairyu.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    Evil Togepi said:
    That Dragonite Sketch looks wonderful so far ^^
    Thanks!
    I think this picture will turn out better than my first attempt at drawing dragonite, but we'll see.

Pokedragonfire said:
    Ooh I made a picture. Look here.
    What do ya think? I don't think its as good as Kairyu's ninja pictures but its the first one I made using a new technique I found here. Hey I wanna know how you did the shading. Exactly how you did the shading. This technique doesn't tell you how to do shading as good as in the pictures you do Kairyu.
    I should say its a trade secret... But its a technique I've been refining over the years, the bulk of it comes from using the burn/dodge tool combined with layering. If there's any advice I can give you its that you need to add more shadowing and depending on your style you to have blend the shadowing as much as possible. For example, in my art I like to make the shadows look almost seemless, which give the pokemon the soft look.
    Problem is, I'm not too sure how to do that same effect on PSP7, since I am using Photoshop6.0 :\.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Oh wow, you're definately one of the best artists that I've seen! ^_^ I didn't know that you drew your Dragonite avatar. It looks like an official picture. I'd love to figure out how to color some of my drawings on the computer. They'd probably turn out much nicer.

But anyways, I love your drawings! They're really cool, and I hope to see more of them.

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
    Wow, your newer pictures are turning out great, Kairyu. Keep up the good work! I kind of agree with Kayleigh though, when she says that your Dragonite Avatar looks like an official picture. It reminds me a lot of a pokemon trading card picture, it looks similar to some of the art i've seen on some cards. ^_^

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Now that is a very nice picture Kairyu. I know I would be proud of having that as my avatar, lol, as long as it doesn't exceed the 130 X 130 limits ._.''. Awesome work Kairyu, keep it up!

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

Kairyu

Years
    Wow, thanks guys *blushes* XD I think that's the first time anyone has said my artwork is similar to the official artwork. I guess that means I'm actually improving, lol.

DragonTrainer said:
    Now that is a very nice picture Kairyu. I know I would be proud of having that as my avatar, lol, as long as it doesn't exceed the 130 X 130 limits ._.''. Awesome work Kairyu, keep it up!

Hehe, thanks!
    Oh that brings up another question, what is the preferred size you would like your avatar to be? My personal default size is usually around 100x100pixels, give or take 10 pixels.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, if at all possible, I would like to have the 130x130 pixel size avatar, but whatever works best for you, I'm sure will be good enough for me ^^'''. And thanks again man, I can tell you've been working hard on this

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Oh gozh Kairyu! Your picturez look cooler everytime I look!!^_^ I think that umbreon iz the bezt Umbreon I've zeen :) Love the reflection effect! And the moon lookz zo real I thought you pazted it from a photograph ^_^
    I really look forward to zeeing more of your work in the future! =)

Kairyu

Years
    Incredible...

Hey guess what, I finished DT's request today! I think this drawing out did my umbreon picture in terms of style and the background o_0. And as promised, I added the lightning... lots of lightning, *insert evil laughter.* Quite possibly this is my new favorite drawing, it looks so cool! I'm kinda jealous that I can't use it as a avatar now. XD

Well I hope you like it DT! Now on to Zigzagoon....

LINK: Dragonite (DT's request) finished!

Edit: Let me know if you want a closer shot of the picture for your avatar, that is all XD.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    MY LORD! im ot worthy to even look at it...
    seeing all these coool dragonite pics i have a NEW request...
    can you make me the most cool, outstanding, peice of art you have ever done for my avatar...i want it a dragonite avatr, but the rest is up to you! i hope you make this one the best youve ever done, cuz then i would be soo happy...
    anyways i hope you can do it and thanks in advanced...
    *passes out cuz i might get one of Kairyu's best peice of dragonite arts..*
    *dies if it isnt the best* XD

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Nice Kairyu... nice :cool:. Thanks a lot man, I'm pretty sure that's the best avatar I've ever seen, keep up the good work man, and again, thanks a lot dude, that's pretty much the best depiction of an angered dragonite I've ever seen. Err, also, if it isn't too much trouble, could you make my avatar 130x130? ._.'''

Last edited:

Kairyu

Years
    You're welcome!

lol, that is 130x130pixels, I think you're using the 100x100 thumbnail XD. Click on that avatar to reveal its true size.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Aw man!! Very cool ^_^ There ya go with the awzome zcenery again! Did you make the backround yourzelf or iz it a pre-made zpecial effect?

Kairyu

Years
    Teara said:
    Aw man!! Very cool ^_^ There ya go with the awzome zcenery again! Did you make the backround yourzelf or iz it a pre-made zpecial effect?
    Good question,
    I had the background already mapped out in my head but those type of effects I used just can't be slapped together all at once. Some of it needed to be mixed first while others I drew in details to help it look more brilliant. So its a mixed answer, yes I did make the background myself but it involved the use of many of photoshop's more "interesting" special effects. XD

StarLightUmbreon said:
    I realy like the lighting effect you did for DT's avatar. It better than the lighting for PainShop Pro 8.
    Hope to see more soon.
    Thank you for the comment!
    I recently found there were MANY ways to create that lightning effect, but each had their own unique result. I found the above lightning effect suited DT's request much better than the others since the size of it wasn't very distracting. And it still looked flashy, lol.
    Hmm I'm sure there are ways to produce similar lightning effects on psp8. Just google it and type in "Lightning effects for psp8" or something similar to that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back