• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Days
I just use UBlockOrigin, Decentraleyes and Privacy Badger in my browser(s), and I don't see ads anywhere, most probably.

These three work so much good at conjuction that we won't even see YouTube ads, let alone the the ads which are there on websites. But then using Youtube application results in ads, and hence whenever I need to use YouTube, I just use the FireFox browser to do it.

Years
I pretty much only see ads on here when I'm on mobile as Firefox on my computer has an ad-blocker.

BDSP were better than DPPt at least imo. The graphic style didn't bother me at all and people complain about it not having Pt's Dex, but all of those Pokemon can still be caught in BDSP, they're just not part of the regional dex. A lot of them can even be caught in the Grand Underground while you progress through the game so I don't see the problem there.
I do dislike how dumbed down the secret bases and contests were, but like... that vs bringing Sinnoh up to date with newer game mechanics and QoL features? Yeah no, not a problem at all.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
you know who one of my least favorite devs is tho?

ilca
I recently watched a video about ilca, they did nothing but listen to mesuda, he told ilca to not change the game he loved, they were even gonna make it non-chibi but mesuda wanted it to be in the chibi art style. And ilca is more than capable of making good games, look at One Piece Odyssey (look up if unfamiliar)for example that game looks so good. I really hope TPC gives them a chance to actually work there magic someday. that's the end of my rant, lol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I could see the argument for BDSP being better than Diamond/Pearl, but not Platinum.

Shoving a vast majority of the unique Pokemon into the underground still hinders main game exploration too much for me, and makes walking routes quickly repetitive.

I agree that I thought the modern mechanics were nice, and I missed the 2D top down style.

Days
Hmm.... I suppose that The Pokemon Company didn't paid much attention to third Cover Legendary wherever possible. Both Giratina and Rayquaza are incredibly popular, even now. But then both Platinum and Emerald didn't received that much attention in terms of development. First came ORAS, which neglected Emerald, and then came BDSP, which neglected Platinum, even though BDSP is just remake of NDS version for Switch by including some modern features.

I was thinking that Legends: Arceus might bring Giratina into spotlight, showing some backstory why it was banned in Altered World or something to put Giratina into focus.

Years
Despite remakes/remasters always being based on the original pair of a games for a region people keep expecting things from the third game for some reason. Like, agree with it or not you should at least realize it ain't happening by now. =P

Feels kind of awkward being the only one who kinda hates Platinum. Granted, I only played it a couple years ago. It aged poorly in my opinion. ^^"

Personally, although I don't exactly hate it, I do think people rate it far too highly and it's not nearly as good as people claim it to be :sneaky:

Nostalgia tends to blind people I guess.

Also yeah all pre-3DS Pokemon games aged poorly imo.

Years
I like Giratina! Especially its fan made, Primal form in Insurgence!
Spoiler:

Days
Why does Blissey have a high Special Defence? I've stayed with the last time they had the 5-Star Blissey Tera Raids event in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to get experience candies (and Tea shards, although I currently have plenty of each of them), and they can be irritating sometimes. regular Attack attacks work better on the Tera Blisseys, but Special Attack ones not so much. Add the obnoxious Seismic Toss attack that always does 75 damage and the stupid Softboiled which keeps replenishing her Health, and you've got the potential for an obnoxious Tera Raid battle. At least she does have Heal Pulse so you sometimes get replenished Health. Ach...

On another note, I just checked and all Blisseys are female, along with Chansey and Happiny. This would explain how I could never find a male one...

Going back to the subject of Giratina, I really like his design, along with Palkia's and Dialga's. I remember when Diamond, Pearl, and eventually Platinum came out, I was a little annoyed that they had made the starter Pokémon cuter-looking rather than tough and major-looking like they had for the previous three generations, but I really liked how the legendaries all looked. They seem to have kept with that for the starters ever since.

Back