• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I'm not sure how I feel about Kalista.... I'm not a huge fan of marksmen to begin with, but I just don't like her kit. It seems very complicated and not even that good. Honestly, she's just one of those champions that does lots of damage, but if one enemy gets to her she dies in an instant, meaning she'll get focused, and then killed.

I just finished a game in such a great way. Whole enemy team was pushing our inhib turrets, and we had two inhibs down. I rushed through top lane to get to my minions, hyper cleared waves to get to their nexus turrets, blasted through them and then got the nexus to half. Got attacked by a wild Kat. She was obliterated by the kitty, and then I empowered qed the nexus to death, winning us the game in less than 2 minutes. My team started flipping ****, and I was just like "Yeah. I did that." Funny thing was, I was doing really bad that game. Killing kat was the kill that made me go even. I did clear top turret and inhib, and then nexus turrets and nexus. So I guess I did do something :P Just goes to show, Rengar is a god splitpusher. Where I was in that game build and level wise, when I mixed emp. q and ghostblade, I had a 2.31 as. Shreded the nexus turrets.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Also I'm getting less and less enthusiastic when people tell me 'omg yaaay i got into silver'. That's great guys, I'm working my way up from B1 53LP in a mad rush to silver. Tell me about it later please. ;v;

We still need to duo. Arrange times pl0x. I must do everything i can to get you out of that terrible terrible place :(

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I go on sporadically but I'm GMT + 11. So just ask if you want a game I guess? I'll be around the most come the weekends. Anyway I have no problem alternating with people since there seems to be a few offers which I really appreciate. <3

Kallista, huh? I'm probably not gonna play her since my skills with ADC are terrible all around. The one thing that I'd be good at would be sniping people with Caitlyn's ult. At 32AM. That's it. Playing Ashe and not dying is like asking me to hold up a metal baseball bat during a lightning storm while dancing on a roof. I can't do it. However, I'll say from an unbiased point of view that she looks okay. Sorta complicated to understand though but I only skim read through her abilities. And her lore involves her getting murdered? ... great to know ;__;

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    The new champion looks pretty cool, but I'm wondering just how broken she is going to be. She's going to be an absolute monster in lane, given that she can kite any skill shot out there, and a majority of supports rely on those skill shots to actually do something (Morgana, Thresh, Blitzcrank, Galio, Nami, etc). If she is put into the hands of a master kiter (it's a word... maybe), then I think she's going to be unstoppable. She can shoot you while you chase her, dodge you stuns, and save an ally, all in an instant.

She's not going to be doing a lot besides shooting in team fights, but I fear her lane presence is going to be terrifying.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Her W apparently got nerfed so I'm not really sure how that'll affect her. Either way, I don't really care. It's one more ADC that I have to memorise their strengths/weaknesses/usefulness. bleh :(

Small update @ ranked, played a game with Olli today and our teamfight was insane since we kept getting free 4 v 5 engages. Our team was Renekton, Rengar, Vladimir, Sivir and Nami. At first we weren't doing too great with a heap of kills getting traded and Cho getting 6 stacks asdfkgl; (fortunately all off minions). Then Rengar said he wasn't a ganker sooo yeah laning vs that thing was fun. I was Renekton but fortunately my lane god opponent didn't participate in most skirmishes and even so, we were far ahead by the time he tried to. We won it pretty easily with the help of a positive and YES FINALLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY AGGRESSIVE sort of team. I love aggressive players, idk why. :( It's just my playstyle. Aggression, dive, kill, push, winnerz. I don't have time to stall out a game and baron over the open nexus. LIKE WHY

Anyway I spent the rest of the day practicing normals while listening to music. Was good stuff. <3 I'd totally play more ranked but I think my plays and mechanics at this hour would be below Wood V standards. Guess I should just practice some more and wait for tomorrow where I'll hopefully net at least a S5 promo? :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    So far, I've had three ranked matches.

The first one was pretty even, but I could tell that I was the least skilled person there. Not by much, as I was holding my own, but I wasn't aggressive enough. I was playing Wukong, and laning against a Darius, so I lost my lane, but tried to cs as much as I could. We ended up losing, but I had the least amount of deaths in the game, so at least a didn't feed, haha.

The second one I played Wukong again, when I got counterpicked against Fiora. I actually held my own in lane against her, but she roamed a lot and managed to rack up a number of kills. My team wouldn't coordinate at all and decided to focus the tank that was right in front of them while Fiora shredded them all down. Finally, my team got it together, defeated Fiora first, aced the enemy team, and we pushed for the win.

The third one was not good at all. I was Galio top lane against a Volibear and won that lane pretty easily. However, bottom lane fed like no other, and the enemy Lucian just shredded us all down and there wasn't much I could do about it.

My internet has been kind of spotty, so I'm holding off on ranked for now. It's a lot of fun, and I like the super competitive atmosphere.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Aw that sucks to hear you've lost two but y'know, at least you'll most likely do better than me! I went 3-7 and landed in B1 so keep your chin up. The same thing with Lucian happened to us, except he was on our team. I was Annie support and got him fed since their bot lane seemed slow to react/not very good at all. We won easily. =P

Anyway even though I thought it was impossible, I got up to my B1 promos after a 4 game win streak. Haven't played any yet but I'm really happy seeing as I shared my weight for all those wins except for maybe my Panth jungle one. <3 I'll edit this later when I'm done but hopefully I'll net Silver first try since I don't have time to play today/tomorrow. :(

EDIT: Had to stop playing since my hands really hurt/started getting blurry vision from too much LoL but I'm currently 2-1 with 1 win to go. :D Played Renekton and Akali in the games I won with great teams both times.

Last edited:
    Years
    I kinda just gave up on ranked, i was duoing with a friend and he rage quit the game after 3 failed promos because of how dumb people can be in this game. So i tried climbing solo and it's even worse, i played 3 3v5 games today.

My friend gave me his acc so i'm just gonna smurf it into Bronze to feel good about myself kicking asses of total retards

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I HAVE NO SHAME IN POSTING SO MANY TIMES ON THE ONE PAGE

I did it! I got to S5 going 3-1 in my promos with the help of a random person I met in an earlier game. I got blessed with 8 wins by choosing the non-carry but more supportive roles. That meant dominating my lane then coming to help/roam/engage/peel/tank for my team. And pretty much only that. The only carry I played was Akali and that was like 1 game? Looking back on it though, I had the most guarantee of no throws playing Renekton. So hurrah for crocodiles. <3

I'M JUST HAPPY I GOT MY SILVER BORDER OKAY. DON'T JUDGE PLEASE

Years
    Oh how I love pre-season end. Everyone tries their best, no one rages. My favorite time of the season.

Enough with the obvious sarcasm. I guess I won't be getting my Plat border. Gold 2 highest rank for the season. Sadly just as I hit Gold 2 the next 3 games I had the best teammates. Either bot lane giving enough kills to feed a whole continent or a jungler deciding to first pick Master Yi. There is less than a hour until the season ends. Don't forget to wait at least 1 week before starting ranked and doing your placement matches. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Don't forget to wait at least 1 week before starting ranked and doing your placement matches.
    Hm, why a week? :o Or is it not up until then? First season I've been playing so still kinda new to this!

Ended the season on Silver III (after joining in December 2013) so not too bad I guess, but I feel like I could've reached Gold if my last few months of the season weren't occupied with so much university work. Getting to play one ranked game every couple of days isn't enough for a lot of progression :(

What are everyone's ranked goals for next season? I'm hoping for Gold V by Christmas and then hopefully up towards Gold I by the end of the season, but I feel that may be something of a small goal to achieve so we'll see how time progresses.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Smurfs/new players dominate as soon as ranked is up, assuming you're around a Silver level where unranked players get matched at a S5 mmr. I think Silver III could possibly be the same if someone were to get carried through their provisionals or smurf but it's unlikely. So waiting a week would let for all the 'OMG I NEED A RANK' hype train to go by and probably match you with better teammates who aren't frustrated or on tilt from binging one too many ranked games on the soft reset day. =P

I personally want to jump at least one league every season so I'm probably gonna shoot for Gold but anything higher would be pretty amazing considering that I don't have much time to climb/practice with the holidays being an exception. Even then I'll be away in Europe over a few weeks of my summer holidays so I'll have to cram all my practicing in normals of new champs/mastering mechanics before I head back in. XD

I honestly think that I'm missing something mechanic or knowledge-wise since I feel like my gameplay isn't around a G5 level. So yeahhh, maybe G5 by the start of the school year? (almost february) That feels unrealistic but I'll have a lot of time on my hands to climb and improve. ;v;

Years
    Hm, why a week? :o Or is it not up until then? First season I've been playing so still kinda new to this!

Ended the season on Silver III (after joining in December 2013) so not too bad I guess, but I feel like I could've reached Gold if my last few months of the season weren't occupied with so much universit
    What are everyone's ranked goals for next season? I'm hoping for Gold V by Christmas and then hopefully up towards Gold I by the end of the season, but I feel that may be something of a small goal to achieve so we'll see how time progresses.

The new season starts in the begining of January and you got 10 placement matches again. It's better to wait so things sort out. Everyone will be playing, so you could have a team of unranked, bronze, silver and gold. It's good to wait for things to settle down before jumping into ranked again.

Years
    I kinda just stopped playing LoL and i'm playing Strife now. Though if i end up running into toxic players there too i will probably revert back to LoL cause i'm more familar with it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I am going to be sad next year to lose flamedyr. I loved playing FLamedyr. I will go back to ADC now lol. I haven't done anything but aram today though. Not really feeling like doing any ranked atm. Waiting for new map to go live now really before i jump into the grind again.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I have a feeling that Kalista is going to be terrible. She has no way to cancel her aa animation, and hers seems pretty sloppy and long. The fact that she soul-binds to someone, and then they are forced to stay around her (From what I've seen), seems like a really bad thing for teamfights, as the support will usually initiate, but in this case they can't unless they bring Kalista with them. Her kiting abilities are pretty good, but she can't cancel her aa animation if she needs to, which adcs need to a lot. Her ult seems relatively lackluster, as the thrown soul-bound will just get focused and die instantly in a fight with that, and then leaving Kalista right open with no one to peel for her. Her damage seems really nice, but only if she chases. From what I've seen, she has 525 aa range. That's just in the mid, and only beats out Lucian and Vayne (I think?), so she can be kited by other adcs, instead of her kiting them (Cait, Varus, Thresh, Lux, Nami, Ezreal, Sivir, MF, Draven, Jinx (****ing rockets 700 range, Trist). So to recap, no escape, low range for an adc, no aa cancel, soul-bound (Which won't help by any means).

Rend is only good if she can get the stacks on someone, which she won't be able to. Sentinels are ok, but only until people learn how to play around them.

Years
    I think Kalista will be very strong early, but once people learn how to play against her she'll balance out. She has a lot of mobility but I think it's balanced by her lack of concrete escapes, and need of her aas to use that mobility. Her slow attack aa and inability to cancel her aas give her definite periods of no mobility. And her ult is really only good for initiating and not defending herself so once she's caught she's pretty caught.

Her percentage damage is a little ridiculous on her w, but I think they felt that her soul-bonded needed to be able to do more than just ult. I'm interested to see if they lower it.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    The new season starts in the begining of January and you got 10 placement matches again. It's better to wait so things sort out. Everyone will be playing, so you could have a team of unranked, bronze, silver and gold. It's good to wait for things to settle down before jumping into ranked again.
    I'm pretty sure you'll still be matched with people relative to your mmr, so I don't think people will get matched with people tiers above or below them :o At least that's what I've gathered from the all the ranked talk on Reddit, so I can't really say for sure :p

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My internet was weirding out on me, so I was unable to get the ten matches in before the season ended. Oh well, I'll just pick it back up when the season starts again.

Have I mentioned how much I love playing as Galio? Because I really do. I was playing against a Fizz in the middle lane, and forced him out so hard. Once I got my mana regeneration up, I just demolished him, as well as their jungler, Wukong. I racked up a fair amount of kills, got focused in fights, and provided some great utility to the actual carries. Oh man, I never get tired of playing as him.

What do you guys think of the new map? I think it looks really cool, and I like the updated shopkeeper, haha. It's a small detail, but I do like it.

Back