• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about Graduation

Miiverse Zachary

Villager of Honor
Years
  • As for me...i need to stay in high school for two months and everybody is counting on me to go to College. i hope i'll earn that Diploma by the end of June 8th! it can be an important event to me...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've graduated a couple of times now. Felt just as stressful for each diploma (8

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    High school graduation was fun, but I skipped the ceremony for my undergrad graduation. I still got to rent a cap and gown for pics with my family (it was free) and tbh, I had a lot more fun doing that than I probably would have at the actual ceremony.

If I go for an advanced degree, I may go for that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I graduated in 2008. I had a rough time in Life skills, but I was able to not go because I had enough credits to graduate (I got permission from the school to stay out). I am happy to say that I graduated from Desert Ridge. <3 I never went to college for personal reasons.

Bay

Years
  • I went to both my high school and undergraduate degree graduations. It was fun taking pictures with my family, friends, and teachers/professors right after, even though knowing my friends and I will go our separate ways. Right after my high school graduation, most of the graduates including myself we get to go to Disneyland while after my college graduation family and I went out to eat the day after.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i literally just had a "oh shit i'm graduating this month" moment a few minutes ago and then i saw this thread fml lol

Miiverse Zachary

Villager of Honor
    Years
  • I went to both my high school and undergraduate degree graduations. It was fun taking pictures with my family, friends, and teachers/professors right after, even though knowing my friends and I will go our separate ways. Right after my high school graduation, most of the graduates including myself we get to go to Disneyland while after my college graduation family and I went out to eat the day after.
    Disneyland was also planned for Graduation Night in Bloomington High School.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    my friends & i ditched our high school graduation ceremony as god knows the last thing we wanted to do was sit around in a stuffy auditorium at school and listen to grandiose speeches about our future for four hours. we ended up sitting in a mcdonalds until like midnight lmao.
    i found out that i had won some academic excellence award the next day and it was apparently very awkward for the people there when i didn't shine down from the rafters to collect my trophy, which is just what i felt my lasting memory should be. it was beautiful to think about.

as for college
    well
    when that happens in a couple of decades i'll be sure to let you all know how that went down on the freshly unveiled pc 2.0

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    In the UK we only make a fuss about graduating University, which I've not been to. A lot of schools and colleges don't have ceremonies, we go in to get our results, mingle for a few minutes then go home. I didn't even do that. School was hell so I had mine sent in the mail.

I may go to Uni at some point.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Graduation during college was a compulsory thing and I guess it was okay? I don't remember it as much as I should.

Finishing my final year of uni at the end of this year - but graduation isn't until May.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I've gotten 3 degrees so far (High School, Associates and Bachelors) and I've attended all of my graduation ceremonies.

I absolutely love going to graduation ceremonies. But, I love school in general, so...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The thing I remember most about my high school graduation day was getting up, starting the download for the latest COD: World At War DLC, graduating, and then coming home and hopping on the zombies map included with that DLC with some friends.

Years
  • I technically never really graduated (primary school doesn't count). I moved from school to university early so never experienced high school graduation and haven't finished my degree so haven't experienced that either.

Years
  • I'm graduating from high school next June you guys. Other than that, I've not had a real graduation besides a faux one in elementary school.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Graduating high school is my only real experience with graduating. It was whatever honestly, I didn't care for school much so getting out forever was great but the ceremony was nothing much.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's a little weird thinking about how it's been nearly 2 years since I graduated from college. Really hate graduation ceremonies though. So glad I didn't have to go to my college one.

and listen to grandiose speeches about our future for four hours.
    This was the part I always disliked the most. They were almost painful to listen to.

The one I remember the most was the one the superintendent of the school district made during my youngest sister's high school graduation last year.

90% of it was him talking about some family he was watching at a Taco Bell once

as for college
    well
    when that happens in a couple of decades i'll be sure to let you all know how that went down on the freshly unveiled pc 2.0
    you'll graduate college well before pc2.0 comes out

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i'm graduating high school in June. Idk how to feel about it. I am excited but also nervous. ;w; i'll probably get a temporary job and then move in a year or so to virginia or something. i dunno. thinking of the future makes me scared.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    This was the part I always disliked the most. They were almost painful to listen to.

The one I remember the most was the one the superintendent of the school district made during my youngest sister's high school graduation last year.

the one time i went to any prizegiving ceremony (my first year at the school obviously - never went to one of those disasters again), one of the guest speakers ended up crying on stage about his deceased daughter for 40 minutes and it was just awful

Back