• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about weather...

Years
    Oh my fudging god, why are we discussing this again.

Anyway, it's snowing where I am. Again. Worse than I expected it to. It's gonna get worse overnight. And i'm sick of classes being snowed out. Once or twice was nice, but now i'm just like, "enough already!".

Hey now, we're not in the DCC. This is the weather thread!

Well, tell your state legislature to start overfunding snow removal every year in case of years like this one!

It's been snowing here a lot lately, and I could tell it's going to stay this way until late March or early April. Maybe even May. x_x"

Oh mercy, I hope not. The later yours goes, it's pretty much a guarantee that mine here in Minnesota will go even longer. :(

However, we've had our nicest day in a while, having a full day above 0F for the first time in about 3 weeks, and we've got 32F as tomorrow's forecast high. Although tomorrow seems to have some wind in its plans.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    This is the most amazing thread I have ever witnessed. It's like a fascinating documentary on the process of paint drying.

Or like a museum of 17th century bed linen.

Or a zoo that displays nothing but wombats going about their daily business.

A 5-hour-long phone conversation with an estranged family member with whom you have nothing in common.

A perfect exhibition of awkward mundanity.

Years
    This is the most amazing thread I have ever witnessed. It's like a fascinating documentary on the process of paint drying.

Or like a museum of 17th century bed linen.

Or a zoo that displays nothing but wombats going about their daily business.

A 5-hour-long phone conversation with an estranged family member with whom you have nothing in common.

A perfect exhibition of awkward mundanity.

Ah, to be young, carefree, and naive again! :P

Weather is everywhere and just because it's boring in Oz, doesn't mean it's boring here!

How are you poor souls on the east coast of the US doing with your huge snowfalls over there?

Yukari

I hate the cold, I prefer hot summer days. But, sadly, I have to put up with winter to get to spring. :( We even had a blizzard down here not too long ago.

Years
    I hate the cold, I prefer hot summer days. But, sadly, I have to put up with winter to get to spring. :( We even had a blizzard down here not too long ago.

Pretty sure that blizzard ended up coming to Canada as well. We've had at least 2 or 3 major snowfalls that ended up accumulating to like more than a foot of snow. Worst winter we've had in a while...You're not welcome winter, ever.

Years
    I didn't get much snow with this winter storm, it was a mix of sleet and freezing rain. The roads are quite slushy and will freeze again. Luckily, our neighborhood didn't lose power. I am so ready for warm weather.

Years
    I woke up to a poorly timed 3"-6" (not sure how much has fallen yet) of snow accompanied by 20 MPH winds. It was a pain to get to work this morning since the plows hadn't cleared the roads in a few hours, if at all. Almost got stuck a few times on unplowed hills. Only thing that kept me going up was momentum and intermittent acceleration (accelerating enough to get a bit of speed, but not letting the RPM get above 3k, then letting go of the accelerator once speed is acquired, and then repeating from step one without letting the car lose momentum - the important thing is to keep the car going without overworking the engine). Our plowing agencies have kind of been sucking at keeping the roads clear this season.

Rest of the week looks pretty good, with highs above freezing everyday but Friday. Then subzero temps appear to be forecast for lows all next week.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Despite being winter, here at SolCal it's getting warm over here, which worries me because it's an unusual weather change, which could only be caused by climate change. I had to start wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts early.

Years
    Despite being winter, here at SolCal it's getting warm over here, which worries me because it's an unusual weather change, which could only be caused by climate change. I had to start wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts early.
    Well, how warm is that change? I ask because in the spring as a Minnesotan, shorts and t-shirt weather can be as cold as 50F, so I need some context.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I found le weather thread.

The past few days we've had abnormally warm tempratures, when normally...we should get at least 2-3 inches of rain or so and sadly we haven't had ANY since what... December? I'm kinda sad now. I feel weird wearing shorts and flip flops while we should be in scarves and coats. :/

Years
    I found le weather thread.

The past few days we've had abnormally warm tempratures, when normally...we should get at least 2-3 inches of rain or so and sadly we haven't had ANY since what... December? I'm kinda sad now. I feel weird wearing shorts and flip flops while we should be in scarves and coats. :/

Ew, drought conditions. :(

Meanwhile, I'm dreading getting slammed with yet another morning rush hour snowstorm of not insignificant snowfall (3" to 7" really wrecks traffic flow) tomorrow. The snowpiles that we've had to clear off the end of our driveway and the sidewalk in front of our house are now taller than my car (which is just under 5 feet tall at the top of the roof). We've not had as much snow as NYC or Philly so far (I think we're at about 48" versus the 54"/55" I remember seeing earlier in the week for NYC and Philly), but our season also goes on a little longer and ours doesn't melt away for months once it falls. :( Well, that and there's been times where it's just been too cold to even snow because the cold fronts keep the storms to our south.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ew, drought conditions. :(

Meanwhile, I'm dreading getting slammed with yet another morning rush hour snowstorm of not insignificant snowfall (3" to 7" really wrecks traffic flow) tomorrow. The snowpiles that we've had to clear off the end of our driveway and the sidewalk in front of our house are now taller than my car (which is just under 5 feet tall at the top of the roof). We've not had as much snow as NYC or Philly so far (I think we're at about 48" versus the 54"/55" I remember seeing earlier in the week for NYC and Philly), but our season also goes on a little longer and ours doesn't melt away for months once it falls. :( Well, that and there's been times where it's just been too cold to even snow because the cold fronts keep the storms to our south.

Good lord, I thought our snow piles were bad. The snow heaps here are slowly melting so they're about half the height of a compact car, but apparently it's going to be freezing rain tomorrow...What a morning that will be driving to school OTL

Years
    Good lord, I thought our snow piles were bad. The snow heaps here are slowly melting so they're about half the height of a compact car, but apparently it's going to be freezing rain tomorrow...What a morning that will be driving to school OTL

Have fun with that I do not envy you one bit!

Now I have to ask: Which does PokeCommunity think is worse? A blizzard or freezing rain?

Years
    Have fun with that I do not envy you one bit!

Now I have to ask: Which does PokeCommunity think is worse? A blizzard or freezing rain?

I appreciate your generous amount of sympathy OTL Hm, blizzard would mean a lot of shovelling, but freezing rain can be really dangerous because of black ice.

Probably a blizzard. That just sounds terrible and doing 120 damage with me being a dragon/flying type, I stand no chance

That reminds me of a texting conversation between my friend and I where we randomly started using Pokemon terms and pretending on a day there was a blizzard XD We were totally nerding out :B

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You people with rain and snow, you should send some of that stuff to those who need most...like us Californianos. :D?

I don't mind the shoveling at all xD

Back