• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about weather...

Years
    No, it's our weather! Weather we usually never have, around this time of the year.

I'll trade you this 10-day forecast! It's in Fahrenheit.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    lmao yeah after looking at that picture I was just like 'OKAY I'M GOOD WITH THE WEATHER FLORIDA HAS KTHNKS BYE FOREVER'

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    I'll trade you this 10-day forecast! It's in Fahrenheit.

I'm very unfamiliar with the Fahrenheit system, but if it all was in Celsius, I'd be ill for sure.
    That because over here, 27 Degrees Celsius is begin Summer temperature, 14 Degrees Celsius is mid Spring temperature, and -9 Degrees Celsius is the harshest Winter we ever had.

I know it's different in Fahrenheit, but as I said, I have no clue on how I can convert it to Celsius.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I'm very unfamiliar with the Fahrenheit system, but if it all was in Celsius, I'd be ill for sure.
    That because over here, 27 Degrees Celsius is begin Summer temperature, 14 Degrees Celsius is mid Spring temperature, and -9 Degrees Celsius is the harshest Winter we ever had.

I know it's different in Fahrenheit, but as I said, I have no clue on how I can convert it to Celsius.

27f= -2c
    14f= -10c
    -9f= -22c
    -15f= -26c
    -3= -19c
    8= -13c
    16= -8c
    26= -3c
    31= 0c
    28= -2c

It's really....cold. xD

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I dislike winter and being cold, but snow is really pretty.

Summer is great as long as it's not past like 90 degrees!

Years
    I love and hate both the warmth and the cold. I love the heat and I'm totally fine in it, as long as it's not muggy. Unfortunately where I live that's almost always the case when it is hot. As for the cold I enjoy when it's cold enough that it pierces your lungs when you breathe, but not so that you shiver uncontrollably. And of course I enjoy sunny days as well as snowy ones. I tend to favor one or the other depending on what time of year it is (so it's cold I want it to be hot haha)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ^ is why I love weather that is not too hot but it isn't too cold. If it's a day where i can go out in a light jacket or just go out without one and still feel comfortable then it is a perfect day for me. And if there is a light breeze and a small amount of clouds well even better!

Just as long as the clouds move by nightfall I like seeing the stars ok.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It's been in the single digits (Fahrenheit) for a whole week, which is pretty unusual for where I live. It's dropping into the negatives tonight. So glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'll trade the snow for this type of California desert weather.

Spoiler:

Dayum, I feel bad for those who are snowed in today :/

Years
    Oddly, it's gotten as warm as -12 F today (-24.5C). That's about 3 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than expected.

It was still something like -26F when I went to start my car this morning, though. Coincidentally, it refused to stay on longer than 2 minutes when I attempted to just let it idle and warm up. I had to keep my foot on the gas pedal just to force it to run long enough to get it up our driveway's hill and into the garage so it could warm up a bit.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    The wind chill makes it 2 degrees here! Hurray! It's colder here than it is in Alaska! -_-
    But the entire country is suffering from these cold conditions, it sucks.

Years
    WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO DAMN COLD HERE?! We go straight from snow to blizzard conditions because of 60MPH (100KM/hr) winds to more snow and then into a week of cold temps with alarming overnight lows!

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Spoiler:

That's all in Fahrenheit, by the way. Google can do the conversions for you, but the third highest temp there, 14F, is equivalent to -10C. This is also one of the warmer predictions I've seen for the upcoming week. I've seen -18F for Monday night in a few places.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    We got all of our snow last week. Only about 5 inches and my school closed Wednesday. The snow is still here because it's below way freezing(6 degrees when I left for school) today all week. :/ Good thing is warmer weather is coming later this week/weekend. high 40s, 50s and one day in the 60s. :D I'm done with winter so I'd glad warm weather anyday now.

Years

This is the weather right now in Arizona. It's way too hot for my liking, and it'll be in the 100s in a few months. :( Triple digit summers are brutal. Why can't I live somewhere colder? D:

Years
    Oh my fudging god, why are we discussing this again.

Anyway, it's snowing where I am. Again. Worse than I expected it to. It's gonna get worse overnight. And i'm sick of classes being snowed out. Once or twice was nice, but now i'm just like, "enough already!".

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's been snowing here a lot lately, and I could tell it's going to stay this way until late March or early April. Maybe even May. x_x"

Back