• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance (◕‿◕)♡

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Rad, glad you're finding your way to an identity you feel comfortable with! It's 100% if something changes again in the future though. We're not blocks of stone, we're living changing beings. :)

@ Feebas, yas another biby! I have told my friends that gender is a non-factor in my attraction but since I haven't yet officially dated anyone who would be seen as "same gender" as myself outwards, there's been no need to declare it further or let my family know or anything like that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Username: NipahRika
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Romantic orientation: Bisexual
Sexual orientation: Bisexual

I didn't think much of it, but around my teen years is when I kinda started being bi-curious. Single, not really looking. lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Username: NipahRika
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Romantic orientation: Bisexual

I didn't think much of it, but around my teen years is when I kinda started being bi-curious. Single, not really looking. lol
Hey welcome! Again, so similar we are - almost the same name (I used to go by Rika), use they/them pronouns, and are bi. And you have a Dawn avatar and when I joined pc I was called Fabledawn ahah. Eerie. Either way, glad to have you in the club!

I had crushes on girls already in middleschool, I just didn't really realize that's what it was because the heteronorm was So Strong. It's only in the last year that I've started to examine past experiences more and realized that I was bi all along. It's kind of liberating to realize and admit imo :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Hey welcome! Again, so similar we are - almost the same name (I used to go by Rika), use they/them pronouns, and are bi. And you have a Dawn avatar and when I joined pc I was called Fabledawn ahah. Eerie. Either way, glad to have you in the club!

I had crushes on girls already in middleschool, I just didn't really realize that's what it was because the heteronorm was So Strong. It's only in the last year that I've started to examine past experiences more and realized that I was bi all along. It's kind of liberating to realize and admit imo :3

I've went under so many anime/anime character names online. I never really had an original username online and still don't. I use 'RikaxNipah' or 'NipahRika' on sites/forums mostly. This is true for sites where I don't care if people find me. I honestly was debating when I re-registered on here to use some other username, but decided not to.

It had to be during junior high or so when I had just 'found out', and stuck with it. I only just now started using they/them pronouns as of like..a few months or longer ago.

But it's always fun to meet similar people on here

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
"It's not really coming out, which suggests opening a door and stepping through. It's more like a long, long walk through what began as a narrow corridor that starts to widen."​
- George (Hosato) Tekai
or better known as his role in Star Trek as Hiraku's Sulu, helmsman of the USS Enterprise.

This quote really, really, resonated with me on my realizations to both accepting my pansexuality and being not confirming to gender norms. And I think he's right.. stepping through a door is a rather poor metaphor as it infers that the action of 'coming out' is simple and not seated with strife and nuance. What George I feel is saying in this quote is about a journey to one's self actualization. Which I fell is both succinct and beautiful at the same time.

Thoughts on George's quote? I have a feeling NipahRika and adventure can relate to this.

Last edited:
Years
Hey all trans peeps and trans allies!

Today is Transgender Day of Remembrance. On this day we think about those that have lost their lives as a result of transphobia. The day hopes to draw attention to the continued harassment and violence endured by transgender people.

20211120-144335.jpg

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I never noticed before how Sylveon's normal and shiny colors are the same as the trans flag lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
All the more reason we should support our brothers, sisters, everyone inside or outside the spectrum, and allies as much as we can. Things will get better.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Been a month or so since my last post. I hope everybody has/had a good Thanksgiving if you celebrate it! All the hate anymore and anti trans stuff makes me sad. Anyway... I should post here more often.

Years
Christmas isn't something that everyone is able to look forward to. It can be an extremely difficult, stressful and lonely time for LGBTQ+ people.

Often they have to be around people that don't accept who they are. Some will get deadnamed at the dinner table, others are asked when they'll "grow out of it" and "settle down". Some have to listen to things that make them unsure they'll be accepted when they eventually come out, others spend Christmas back in the very same closet they've already escaped from.

I truly hope you all have supportive families, and that none of that applies to you, but whether it does or not, I want to wish each and every one of you happy holidays and merry Christmas!

You are heard, you are seen, you are valid! ❤

Years
hiii omg I can't believe I've never explored the clubs section before !

Username: MewTheMega
Pronouns: He/Him
Romantic orientation: Polyamorous
"Out status": I'm out to several close friends, most online friends, and not my family.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

"Out status": I'm out to several close friends, most online friends, and not my family.

Yay! Welcome to the club!!

It's been a while since I posted here too, come to think of it.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
Well aren't I happy I found this!

Username: tenfrogs
Pronouns: she/her
Romantic orientation: polyamorous
Sexual orientation: bisexual
Anything you want to add / general intro! : hi i'm tenfrogs! i came out in 2008, and i'm terrible at general introductions! :D

2022 edit: also taking this time out to come out as trans to you all because i feel very safe here <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Well aren't I happy I found this!

Username: tenfrogs
Pronouns: she/her
Romantic orientation: polyamorous
Sexual orientation: bisexual
Anything you want to add / general intro! : hi i'm tenfrogs! i came out in 2008, and i'm terrible at general introductions! :D
Omg bi armada grows! Welcome, friends <33

yeah Jo, I tend to be a ghost here for months at a time fjfjfk. But this club is always here for people who wanna belong. And we all do.

Interestingly you two (mew and froggy) are both polyamorous, which I think usually means you're not necessarily monogamous, right? Are you still romantically bi too?

For me it's kind of the opposite ahah, I know I'm romantically anything goes, while sexually quite more confined. Fascinating how different we all can be.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
Interestingly you two (mew and froggy) are both polyamorous, which I think usually means you're not necessarily monogamous, right? Are you still romantically bi too?

For me it's kind of the opposite ahah, I know I'm romantically anything goes, while sexually quite more confined. Fascinating how different we all can be.

Forumwalker!

I am still romantically bi, yes. For me, the last few years at least, it's sort of been "anything goes" when it comes to relationships and romance and what have you. I had a rough few relationships in the later years of high-school and uni, so I just decided to be a bit more free if that makes sense?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
since this relates to lgbtq stuff, in a way? I'll delete this post if I shouldn't post something like this in here and should like...ask in the writer's lounge? But okay idk

Is it weird that I'm writing characters that aren't cis but am being incredibly subtle about it in their portrayal? Like, not being extremely explicit about it and hinting at it in sentences, or just mentioning it briefly in their character bio. idk maybe it's weird of me to explore not cisgender identities through my own original characters when I'm already not cis myself?

But them not being cis/not straight only being a part of their identity as... I guess as annoying antis on the internet say "YOU'RE PEOPLE ARE MAKING IT ALL ABOUT GENDER" or that... High Guardian Spice fiasco awhile back which I will not get into here...

So, I chose to be subtle about it, by showing it rather than outright saying it for any of characters who aren't? Because I feel this inner fear that people will like... hate on me/hate on my writing if I were to explicitly say "yeah, so this character is trans" "this one is non-binary" so I choose to make it obvious without outright saying it in case... I were to get hate?

Is that weird? I have just seen
many hate comments on trans related media that I've read. So, I decided to make it a show, don't tell situation on my end. x_x

idk if any rpers or writers are members of this club, but? Eh. If anyone in here is an rper or writer, I do wonder if anyone here has written a character who is LGBTQ. Not just trans/non-binary but bi, pan and etcetera.

Years
So I once wrote a short story about a female transitioning to non-binary, and the discovering of their asexuality. The story was, however, focused on that. Scenes would explicitly call it out, characters often repeated that information, stuff like that. So for that story, I drew attention to it.

For a story where your character's gender or sexuality isn't the main focus, honestly it's best to just mention it when you introduce them (or wherever you see fit), and then just have other characters respect their identity from there.

For a character who is bi/pan/gay, honestly I don't think you need to mention it unless it's pivotal to the plot. Gender is different as it's a defining characteristic, and will help shape the reader's vision of your characters. Sexuality is honestly only important to mention if you have romantic plots or subplots.

Hopefully this helps. (Also do keep in mind I'm not a professional writer or anything :P, just offering my opinion)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I honestly still feel apprehensive about trying to portray trans characters. I'm worried of doing it wrongly somehow? I feel like I should try to write more enbies, if nothing else then for my own sense of validity.

Back