• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights Out

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Sleep. A necessity for humans, and most organisms in general, but as one ages, it isn't as easy to come by. Personally, right now I'm getting very little sleep, as I'm up till 2 watching Psych (It's an awesome show, don't hate!), then getting maybe an hour of sleep before having to wake up for morning breakfast (I'm fasting), and then get another 2 before I have to wake up for work. Outside of both the summer and Ramadan, school keeps me busy with it's high amount of work.

And yet, through all that, I'm still able to stay wide eyed and awake. No caffeine either!

So my question to you is, how much sleep do you get? If it isn't a lot, then why not, are you busy watching some awesome TV show like me? Or maybe you do get a lot of sleep; what's your secret?

Also, do you sleep with a nightlight by chance? Or is it... lights out? Punny

Years
  • Since I'm on summer break I go to sleep at 12am and wake up at 9am with an alarm so 9 hours of sleep. But during the school year I go as early as possible, starting at 8pm depending on when I finish my homework and wake up at 7am. I need a lot of sleep otherwise I'm grumpy and yell at people and teachers XD; I always use alarm clocks, if I sleep in I'll feel worse than I would if I didn't get enough sleep. Ironically, I actually like to sleep for 2-4 hours cause then I'm not tired compared to waking up from a 6-10 hours sleep XD;

I always sleep with a night on..always. I can't sleep without one ;-; /scardy cat

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I sleep about six hours on school nights, sometimes less. It's kind of an awful cycle. Something makes me not sleep well at night so then I sleep when I get home. Then I can't sleep well at night again and it goes on and on. During the summer I sleep a lot.

As for the lights, I cannot stand any light shining in my room when I sleep at night for some reason. I guess maybe there's less to look at in the dark or something. That said, I find it much easier to sleep during the day than at night. It makes no sense to me.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • LOL I really don't get much sleep I sleep at like 2:30 am then wake upp again at like 4:30 to train so yeah not very healthy from me.

Years
  • I get around 7 hours of sleep every day, yeah blame my PC activity for such low sleep time.

And man, I hate having my light on cos I love darkness.

Years
  • Well I have insomnia so sleep is almost nonexist during summer I usually wake up at 10 and stay up to 7. The school year is much worst with me sleeping at 4 and waking up at 6.

Years
  • I normally get 6-8 hours of sleep.
    I go to bed early in week days, because I am up early for work, but I will sleep in a tad at weekends.​

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can't sleep with any type of light source anywhere in the room. And that includes the small light coming from my TV and the light coming from the cable box.

Years
  • These days, if I don't have to get up before noon, I get 7-9, sometimes upwards to 12. If I actually have to work in the mornings, it's more like 5-7 depending on when I actually manage to fall asleep. Not including naps that is. Yes I know naps are bad for me but I can't help it ;____;

The computer tends to keep me awake. I'm doing something that's keeping my interest and it's hard to drag my butt to bed when I'm not tired at all.

Can't sleep without a blanket over me. Makes summers miserable because it's too hot for a blanket. I typically need darkness to sleep but if I'm tired enough I'll sleep in the light. That happened the other night actually; I didn't think I'd fall asleep.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    In the summer I catch up on lost sleep from the school year, so I'm at about 9-10 hours a day. When school rolls around I'll be cutting that in half, due mainly to school work, and probably more school work.

Years
  • I always plan to get 6-8 hours, but they're usually interrupted by something so they aren't as restful and probably are only worth about 4-6 hours of sleep as far as how tired I am. stupid cat

And I hate having lights on. I'm such a light (haha) sleeper that I need darkness or I can't sleep.

Years
  • I've been getting a good amount lately. From 7 to 10 hours or so... when I don't have to go anywhere the next day. XD; It's mostly around 8 or 9 though, but 7-10's a good estimate~!

Unfortunately I am also a light sleeper. Any chirping birds/crickets make it very hard to sleep.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Completely random for me hour wise nowadays, sometimes I can't sleep at all without help but oh well the night's mine in those cases.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • If I can get 8 hours, it's chemically induced. On a good night, I'll get 6 hours and I'll be happy with it. On a bad night, I'll get 2-3 hours and feel like crap the next day.

I guess I'll just make up for it when I'm dead.

Back