• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia 101: The Basics [Beginner's Mafia]

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Because people are dying! :3

I wanna see a tie-break situation, I'll definitely vote randomly when that happens so things wouldn't go predictable which is hella boring.

But if I found whoever killed Janna... >:)

Years
    @Spartacus; What is your reasoning for voting Aiden, if any? Is it a random vote? Is it because he hasn't posted yet?
    We have very little to go on at this early stage and Aiden's only post makes it look like he's trying to avoid being caught onto, and it was his only input so I just feel like he's meaning to evade suspicion. Making a decision to kill someone at this stage is tricky because of the huge lack of evidence we have at this moment in time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    ... what. you used the wrong name and i had no idea what you were saying.

i'm definitely not mafia. just a boring villager. :P

im not so sure.

Everyone on the first page is going to enter in the game sloppy. It's D1, for crying out loud. There's only one person in this game who has substantial information and proof at this point, and that's the Cop. That being said, I like to play with the style of "if you don't have something constructive to say regarding the focus of the game itself, don't say it at all," which makes Universe's first post very much irrelevant in my eyes. I personally find his rhetorical answer to your FIRST question more eyeworthy.

Also, I'd like to add that although those are decent reasons, I don't see the point of using absolutes this early in the game.
    This isnt ture, having played games on other sites the day 1 play is far better than here. I find Universe's statement extremely important. We can tell from Universe's first post that they play passive, and i wanted to drag them into the game more, and pressure them, i dont think they're acting too towny.

These arent absolutes, just pressuring.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This isnt ture, having played games on other sites the day 1 play is far better than here.
    Given a bunch of us are newbies to mafia, this shouldn't be surprising. =p

Times running out I suppose for the first day... I'll think about who to vote for given the lack of info to go on.

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
    This isnt ture, having played games on other sites the day 1 play is far better than here. I find Universe's statement extremely important. We can tell from Universe's first post that they play passive, and i wanted to drag them into the game more, and pressure them, i dont think they're acting too towny.

These arent absolutes, just pressuring.

Actually, having played games on other sites, the day 1 play is exactly the same as here. In fact, here it's even a little better.

Okay, so they play passive; that means they play smart, they want to get a lowdown of the playing field and make a logical guess as to who is mafia, instead of being useless and randomly voting.

Regardless, I still don't see why you're so absolutely certain at this point in the game, when you're basing your vote on nothing but playstyle speculation.

I feel that Spartacus makes good points, so I'm going to KILL: Aiden. Even though we have next to nothing, we need to gain information somehow.

Years
    Il try this
    You managed to piss me off in tDD (the Darkest Dungeon) for not sending in your NAs (night actions). You kinda did not very well as Arkus in TtA: The Human Revolution, so if you wanna try this get your **** here and participate in the discussion!

From what we've seen I think Wiicked is pretty suspicious for making a lot of comments but nothing that has even the potential of creating some intel.

I'm not sure about Aiden. I've been talking to him on the Art&Design subforum and this pretty much sounds natural for him... but well, you never know.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    Actually, having played games on other sites, the day 1 play is exactly the same as here. In fact, here it's even a little better.

Okay, so they play passive; that means they play smart, they want to get a lowdown of the playing field and make a logical guess as to who is mafia, instead of being useless and randomly voting.

Regardless, I still don't see why you're so absolutely certain at this point in the game, when you're basing your vote on nothing but playstyle speculation.

I feel that Spartacus makes good points, so I'm going to KILL: Aiden. Even though we have next to nothing, we need to gain information somehow.
    You clearly have not played games on MafiaScum, since Day 1 play is far superior there. (plus its day-start not night start)

Also, you're wrong playing passive =/= playing smart. They want to play dodgy and lazy. They arent making some sort of highly logical play, people who are more active are better on average.

And again, i said i wasnt absolutely certain, lol.

Its a fact that passive players give Mafia a better excuse for not talking.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You think people are playing Jig'puffs? I think they are just bein' observant. You get nothing on killing the wrong person, yo.

It's just like when playing chess, you observe and think through before making moves.

-goes back to the jolly character from earlier-

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Whoa whoa whoa, what did I do?
    You not only pointed suspicion towards Archy but you even voted for him only a few hours into the phase without any reason as to why. You're either holding a grudge against him (which, knowing you and since this a beginner's game, I highly, highly, doubt) or you are mafia.

Let's be real here guys, this is the only real lead we have. Voting for Aiden because he's quiet is great and all but is nowhere near as obvious as voting for Wiicked for trying to lynch someone without a reason.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, I have a need for sleep and possibly wont be up by the time the sun sets in mafia-land, so I'll have to go with a vote myself. [KILL] TheCapsFan for being very analytical over other people's actions (and hence casting suspicion on them) and requesting everyone explain themselves like that - I don't trust such behavior as being very fitting for someone who is innocent. Not much to go on but it IS day one...

Was tempted to say Gobln though for suggesting our mafia start is inferior. If we have to die it will be glorious not inferior dammit =p

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You not only pointed suspicion towards Archy but you even voted for him only a few hours into the phase without any reason as to why. You're either holding a grudge against him (which, knowing you and since this a beginner's game, I highly, highly, doubt) or you are mafia.

Let's be real here guys, this is the only real lead we have. Voting for Aiden because he's quiet is great and all but is nowhere near as obvious as voting for Wiicked for trying to lynch someone without a reason.

You made valid points, and I have to agree with the point on Aiden particularly. Being too quiet doesn't help, it's suspicious, as if they are being too keen like a calculating mafia.

Aiden has two votes and -takes out knife-
    but you are spared
    [KILL]: TheCapsFan

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years

My reason for voting for him is that I believe he would make Sheep his first kill. That was my gut and I'm sticking with it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    You think people are playing Jig'puffs? I think they are just bein' observant. You get nothing on killing the wrong person, yo.

It's just like when playing chess, you observe and think through before making moves.

-goes back to the jolly character from earlier-

This is false, if you're town you give your opinions, as a town you should have nothing to hide or be worried about. Period.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think everyone is entitled to their own play style, just because you think people should speak out, it doesn't mean that should be a standard. So there is no true or false to begin with.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    You made valid points, and I have to agree with the point on Aiden particularly. Being too quiet doesn't help, it's suspicious, as if they are being too keen like a calculating mafia.

Aiden has two votes and -takes out knife-
    [Kill] Aiden
    My "point on Aiden" was that you shouldn't vote for him but for Wiicked instead. So, you're not agreeing with my points at all. I'm not saying Aiden isn't mafia but I feel like there's a higher possibility Wiicked is.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Alright, first of all I'm quiet because you are all active during the American day time, where as I'm European, so I sleep when most of you are active. Secondly it's my mum's 50th, so I have other things to dedicate my time to this weekend. You'll see a bit more of me after this weekend.

Next of all those voting with very little reason should occupy your Day votes and not those trying to gain information then disappearing. Anyway. Time is running out and I also have to give my opinion. I feel that TheCapsFan has stuck himself out. Of course this could be an innocent attempt to discover people's intentions an alignments, but it does work against you to make you look suspicious. So if I don't see the end of the day my vote stands with

[KILL]: TheCapsFan

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Just because I agree with you, doesn't mean I hafta follow. Lmao
    Yes, it's contrary to what we call 'logic'.
    But I like messing around, because why not? :t327:
    And to be honest everyone is suspicious at this level, that includes you and I. ~

That is why I'm basing my votes on three things:
    Who gets the most votes OR
    Tie break situation;
    For the sake of being a fun devil.~ {XD}
    It's bad to kill the wrong person, but it's worse if you aren't having fun. :D

Years
    Ok, so the day is nearly over and I'm really not sure who to vote for.

Wicked seems totally confused and I know a lot of people do that on purpose, but this is a beginners game and some people just don't get stuff...

But who just struck me when re-reading this days post was Gobln. You've been going forth and back on what is good strategy and accusing people of playing badly, but you yourself didn't contribute anything as well. So for today, I'll probably go with [Kill] Gobln

Back