• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz.

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Map Name: Route401

Map Game: Pokemon Fire Red

Comments: Well it took quite long and this is my first ever map

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Credit to PHO and Green Charizard for the Rom base.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Rating: 7.5
    Reason: Looks good. I don't like the flower gardens and overused fences.
    Suggestions: Get rid of some fences and join the two paths together and get rid of the flower gardens.

Spoiler:
    FIRST​
    Rating: 3
    Reason: Bad. Very annoying map to play. Nothing really going on in the map and it's too long.
    Suggestions: Add more stuff or make it shorter, but you should probably just start again.

SECOND:​
    Rating: 3.5
    Reason: Little better than the first one. Still two empty the ledge path that leads to the cave entrance doesn't make sense. The border of a cave is not black.
    Suggestions: Change the border add more stuff, make the ledge path possible.

THIRD
    Rating: 8
    Reason: Awesome! Only problem I can think of is the lack of grass.
    Suggestions: Maybe add some more grass.

Rating: 6.5
    Reason: Much better, I don't like the flower gardens though.
    Suggestions: Don't have such large sections for each house, what are you going to do when you start making bigger citys?

FIRST​
    Rating: 7.
    Reason: Very nice. I don't like the new tiles though and there is not enough grass.
    Suggestions: More grass

SECOND
    Rating: 7.5
    Reason: Nice, don't like the rocks or the random grass.
    Suggestions: More flowers, make the lake bigger.

Rating: 5
    Reason: No real path to follow, empty space in the middle.
    Suggestions: More grass, make the player follow a path.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • here are two new maps
    suggestions and constructive criticism are always welcome ^^

~~~

map title [ Aquilune City ]

map game [ LeafGreen ]

comments
    [ first city with gym, player arrives from bottom right side from Route 03 ]
    [ bottom right house seems to have a messed up tile, but that's how it shows up in advance map ]

mapshot
    Spoiler:

-

map title [ Route 03 ]

map game [ LeafGreen ]

comments
    [ player comes in from the right side , left exit links to Aquilune City ]
    [ the ledges at the top are for the player to get back to the city on the right quicker,
    there'll be a lot of trainers scattered about, and the player will be able to choose between battling more trainers, or running through more wild grass ]

mapshot
    Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    RATING: 9/10
    REASON: I love the nature and the surroundings of the map! I really like it! <3
    SUGGESTION: N/A

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    8/10
    reason: u should have the trees the same and not different and the sign looks messed up but other than that everything else is fine

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    Map Name: Unamed
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Comments: This is going to be the starting town. I like the look of it, but I would like some additional comments on how I could improve it.
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    map name :route 101
    map game:fire red
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating:8/10
    Reason:The map is great but the grass should be in the way sometimes.
    There is also too many trees.
    Suggestions:Make the map have less trees and put grass in the way.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Itman i did that because i just don't like simple routes.
    Sure it's the first route but it doesn't mean it should be an easy road.
    I just like obstacles in the way itman no matter what the route or city/town, etc.
    Just personal opinion.

Map Name: Unamed
    Comments: This is going to be the starting town. I like the look of it, but I would like some additional comments on how I could improve it.
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating:10/10
    Reason:Cool. No errors that i found and its simple for a beginning town.The tiles blend with the surroundings as well as the fact that flowers aren't put so closely together.
    Suggestions:I don't know...

Years
  • Map Name: Unamed
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 5/10
    reason: the map is very empty
    Suggestion: make a pathway up to the exit, and fill more space with trees, flowers, houses with no doors ect..

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • okay... i just realized one of my maps was supposed to have three exits instead of just two... LOL
    so here's the semi-new map:

MAP NAME: Aquiline City [ redone ]

MAP GAME: LeafGreen

COMMENTS: fixing an oops XD

MAP:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Hyunbin said:
    okay... i just realized one of my maps was supposed to have three exits instead of just two... LOL

MAP:
    Spoiler:

I don't mind this map, might I recommend you fill in the space behind and to the right of the bike shop, the signs (wooden) probably need to be moved around and the water next to the Pokemon Centre seems to be small. Maybe connect the lakes together and then have bridges to walk across. Also a minor error, that I spotted is the tree behind the house at the bottom right hand corner, it has no stem.

I'll give this map a 6/10.

PS. I am tough judge also xD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    okay... i just realized one of my maps was supposed to have three exits instead of just two... LOL

MAP:
    Spoiler:

Rating: 6.5/10
    Reason: Well it looks like a good map, not too much squareness and looks ok. There were a few errors which were spottable and the error near the bike shop which was clearly visible. There was alot of emptyness in the map, like Blazichu said, you could've added some flowers around the houses...anyways looks good
    Suggestion: Don't keep it too plain and simple, try to use your imagination alot more....

~C3LEBI

Years
  • Map Name: Route 409
    Map of: Route
    Map base: LeafGreen
    Other comments: This is mainly a test to see how this new mapping style is. I will bring back either Pokémon Harmony or EmberOrange, but this is the style I might use, depending on the reaction I get. Also, I will probably use different tiles.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Map Name: I couldn't think of one >.<
    Map Game: FireRed (Credits to Christos & PHO for the rom base)
    Comments: It was supposed to be a beach-like starter town but it turned out a little different from what I wanted, I should have made the map a litttttttttle bigger to fit a lab, and ignore the border I have surrounding maps planned for the sides.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 409
    Other comments: This is mainly a test to see how this new mapping style is. I will bring back either Pokémon Harmony or EmberOrange, but this is the style I might use, depending on the reaction I get. Also, I will probably use different tiles.

Map Rating/Review Thread

10/10 ;)
    the mapping shape is Great!
    The Tiles look extremely well done!
    I espessally love the trees :3
    I think you should use those tiles in Harmony :D

-Greetz Kr.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Map Name: I couldn't think of one >.<
    Comments: It was supposed to be a beach-like starter town but it turned out a little different from what I wanted, I should have made the map a litttttttttle bigger to fit a lab, and ignore the border I have surrounding maps planned for the sides.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 9.5/10
    Reason: This map is great. It has a wonderful layout, just the right amount of detail, and no noticible errors. The size of this map is also wonderful. the shape is great, though it is a little square. This is an excellent Nintendo-style map.
    Suggestions: Definantly change the tree tiles. Peyi's tiles have many shading problems, as well as some problems with the shape. You might also want to make the buildings on the lowest part of the beach a little wider.. The one to the left, add one tile to the left. For the one to the right, add one tile to the right. you could also make the mountains of the beach a little less square.
    Final Comments: This map is really good, and I can't wait to rate more from you. :)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Map Name: I couldn't think of one >.<

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: 9.5/10
    Reason: The mapping is done really great. The palletes and tiles are very good for a beach styled map. I love the shape and layout of the map, it looks like the perfect starting town. Great work!
    Suggestions: Don't use amny of those red spot tiles, use them in the places which are necessary the most. Make the houses in the bottom in the sandy area alittle bit wider, since they don't look very good looking small.

Map Name: Route 409

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating:9/10
    Reason: Nice work Don, I like the way you've used those tree tiles in a nice scattered way, which makes it a great route. The advanced type of tiles you've used are great. The only thing is that the paths are used like little dabs only.
    Suggestions: Try making the paths abit longer(I mean the dark green thing xD!)

~C3LEBI

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Map Name: Sea Side Town (v.2)
    Map Game:FireRed (Credits to Christos & PHO for the rom base)
    Comments:I updated the town with the comments you guys said (sorry it's still really square >_<)

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Name: Sea Side Route
    Map Game:FireRed (Credits to Christos & PHO for the rom base)
    Comments:I don't know why but I don't like how this map turned out to be, however on the good side it matchs with the Town's border :)

Pic. of just the route:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Pic. of the route & town:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

(And sorry about the tree tile, I don't know how to change palettes yet so I don't want to insert different trees yet.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back