• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Cool map,trebuh.I really like it.If your hack has these maps,it'll be great!!

Rating: 8,9/10
comments: The tiles are very good,i like the rocks,the mountains and the grass shades.\
Keep up these maps and your hack will be great.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Heres my Map:
Name: Venture map
Hack: Pokemon Dark Chaos(doesnt have a thread yet)

mymap.jpg

Credits:KYLEDOVE

Note:i anyone wants to help me with my hack then Pm me

0____0 My goodnes.... This map is perfect.... 10/10....
I have never seen such a beautiful map in all my day...
I would be a beta tester for this hack, JUST so I can immerse myself in all of this maps beauty... and I can only imagine that the maps in the game are just as..... beautiful...
I think I am going to cry...

Wow... I actually teared up a little. +rep for you, I like your post.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
PLEASE DO NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLES MAPS!

You Map is an exact copy of my Map "Dahai" from my Hack Legend of Fenju
you just used another tileset
dunno where you got it from since i didnt release mapshots of it i think, maybe you got the old bugged alpha, it might be in there

but, pls, dont say it is not copied cause it 100% is
just look at my map and compare it to yours:
my original one (outdated already, i changed some things, it looks better now):
Spoiler:

and here is your copy:
Spoiler:

notice any similarities?
You even copied the building and tree placement!!!
its as if you just changed the tileset! there are a lot of tile errors btw...
youre like one of 4 persons who got me mad in pc... two were extremely getting on my nerves and the last one stole a background-image from my thread
i hope you feel guilty

oh and your new version ahs even more tile errors since now you mapped yourself and you cant map

well here are the similarities?
View attachment 46493
that um.. about 50% of your map

dunno where you got it from since i didnt release mapshots of it i think, maybe you got the old bugged alpha, it might be in there
NO!!!!!! I GOT IT FROM A NETERNET SITE!

and it is in Png. so you have to put in on A-map mannly!
so it not just your map with a different tilset

and why is this making you mad.........................if this happen to me
- say postive things 'and you cant map' put's pepole down (your lucky i'm not going to report you)
- If someone did use my work well that would be a good thing, because it shoes they like my map, and want to use there mnap to imporved there mapping skills
- and what would i do with a copyed map!!!!!! (put it in my hack.....well I have not)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
well here are the similarities?
View attachment 46493
that um.. about 50% of your map

NO!!!!!! I GOT IT FROM A NETERNET SITE!

and it is in Png. so you have to put in on A-map mannly!
so it not just your map with a different tilset

and why is this making you mad.........................if this happen to me
- say postive things 'and you cant map' put's pepole down (your lucky i'm not going to report you)
- If someone did use my work well that would be a good thing, because it shoes they like my map, and want to use there mnap to imporved there mapping skills
- and what would i do with a copyed map!!!!!! (put it in my hack.....well I have not)
Yeah, but that's the IMPORTANT part. It's like stealing the money and credit cards from a wallet but leaving the business cards, train tickets and restaurant vouchers. And when you look closer, it's the whole map you stole.
And what's "neternet"?
He's mad...because you stole his map? :O
He doesn't need to be nice to thieves. You can't map well, and stealing maps isn't going to make you better. And reporting someone for not being nice ends up with nothing.
Uh, copying and using as your own doesn't make you better.
You just showed it to us for a rate...?

Now so this isn't spam, I'll post a map for you to rate.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6716/big.png

It's the Metapolis City CBD area. =D There's the Creative Arts Institute of Rolok (drop me a VM if you want to be in the ROM Hacking section), the Economic thingy and the Silph Co. head of Rolok.

Edit: Mods, don't edit my post. I'll bet you're itching to say the same but you've got responsibilities.

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
Yeah, but that's the IMPORTANT part. It's like you taking someone's credit card from their wallet and saying "hey, that's only half of the contents!" And when you look closer, it's the whole map you stole.
And what's "neternet"?
He's mad...because you stole his map? :O
He doesn't need to be nice to thieves. You can't map well, and stealing maps isn't going to make you better. And reporting someone for not being nice ends up with nothing.
Uh, copying and using as your own doesn't make you better.
You just showed it to us for a rate...?

It's the Metapolis City CBD area. =D There's the Creative Arts Institute of Rolok (drop me a VM if you want to be in the ROM Hacking section), the Economic thingy and the Silph Co. head of Rolok.

Edit: Mods, don't edit my post. I'll bet you're itching to say the same but you've got responsibilities.

Report stolen hacks or images.
If someone has stolen something from your hack or site, please notify a Moderator, and the situation will be taken care of.

STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what does that mean ummmm....................

in my own words
taking something that isn't yours for a personal\unpersonal reson. this would lead a disavage to the victcm or others

now..... (person who I copyed from).......who's the victum you! did I take anything from you well I now know I did..... do you get an disavegtage um... NO! and for others um... NO!

SO THIS IS NOT STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I have edited that map as you can see from my earliar post's!

Ninja Caterpie map 9\10
not 10 because beacuse the trees next to the little trees don't have any shadows
apart from that awesome job!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Your understanding is harshly, harshly screwed. If I took your hack and sold it for money, would you lose? No. Is it stealing? YES.

If we use a real dictionary..."to appropriate (ideas, credit, words, etc.) without right or acknowledgment" or "to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right".

You have no right to his work, and you took it. Thus you stole.

And on my map, I never knew that it had to have shading. xD Better fix that.

Once again, please don't edit.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
People of PC...
This thread is a Map Rating Thread, and not a Map Discussion Thread, thus, minimize your spams, please...
We only now have one moderator here, Cierra...

COMMENT: I like that mart-building thingy there, but could it really stand on two to three tiles on the ground? Or is that building thin enough to fit in that little space? I also like the ground, by the way...
RATING: 10/10
SUGGESTION: Nothing, I suppose...

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
cool

Heres my Map:
Name: Venture city

mymap-1.jpg

Note:i anyone wants to help me with my hack then Pm me[/QUOTE
Dude- AMAZING TO THE 5th EXTREME!
this map has perfect detail and i can't spot any tile errors after looking it over 3 times- the tiles are great and it has a nice feel to it- 10-10

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
Heres my Map:
Spoiler:

Note:i anyone wants to help me with my hack then Pm me

O.o woah great map, great tiles! everything is natural... I'm not really a fan of the ruby-cave mountain tiles but its a really amaizing map! 10/10 :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
The map theft case was taken care of. Members trying to take care of it on their own are only spamming, just report the post and let moderators do the rest, k?

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
My cliffside map

Map name = SPRINGVALE CLIFFSIDE

Game = Pokemon The SPRINGVALE Legacies (my own)

original game = FIRERED

Larsie13

Map Name: Bubble Island, Bubble Straight, and Docksville

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: The first town, first route and second town in my hack.

Mapshot:
Warning! Huge screen alert!
Spoiler:
Hmm, seems I was skipped...

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
@Trebuh~
Comments~Whoa...O.o...Thats a nice map you got there...I love those tiles...And the Mountainous Areas...
Rating~10/10
Suggestions~Perfection...:D

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Map Name: Strangetown
Map Game: FireRed
Comments: The first town in my hack, Pokemon Lavender. Strangetown is where the player and his/her best friend, Zackwell, live. It is in the middle of the Crystal Forest, and it sports one of the two Pokemon labs in the Twi region, the other lab being situated in Twilight Town. It also boasts a few stats, such as the cleanest air, friendliest citizens, and smallest town in the region.
Mapshot:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Heres my Map:

mymap-1.jpg

Note:if anyone wants to help me with my hack then Pm me
Mm, this is nice. The mountains are, hands down, the best looking mountains I have ever seen, truthfully. The shape is just...phenomenal. One thing I don't like though is the abundance of rocks on the mountains, especially in the southern half of the map. They're just a little too dense for my tastes. As for vegetation, the flower usage could be improved. You seem to have made flowers an exclusively left-side-of-the-map thing. You could easily remove a few of those path-colored bump tiles and replace them with flowers (or bushes but those are used more effectively). The way flowers are used by the southwestern house really upsets me :( I'm also not too fond of the way you used small trees. The vertical-row method has never sat well with me but that's more of a personal opinion. Path shape is decent, albeit sporadic here and there. What I don't like is the way it kind of folds over in some places where you used two corner tiles on either side of each other. It creates a big indent in the path that, if used minimally, would look good but it seems you've overdone it :\ Fence usage is really good save when it is used behind the trees. Other than that, it's nice and tranquil-looking. What's odd is the pond because it has moving water but the water isn't going anywhere :\ If it was the still-water pond (like the one just south of it), then I wouldn't have a problem with it (though the shape is a little iffy as well).

Still, it's quite a lovely map. Those tiles compliment your style of mapping very well. All in all, it's a map that was a great pleasure to rate. Well done :)

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
Well, you definitely are improving, so don't give up. You still have a ways to go though. Your trees should be more randomly placed, not all in a big square. The same thing with all plants for the most part. They grow in random places in real life, try to imitate that. The building on water is a bad idea. And finally, try to mix up the mountainside a little. Put small open areas in so it's not so straight, with a tree here and there, and bits of grass.
This map is a decent example of how to do mountains/cliffs.
View attachment 46160
Made by MASTEROFPUPPETS93 btw.
Thank You For The Suggestions- I Didn't Do To Well On The Mountains, But It Has A Border- uhhh... yeah- here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back