• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart 8 Races - PC style! (General/Tournaments)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    If anybody feels like playing, I'll be around. Bear with me though because I'll be racing 100CC Prixs in the meantime :P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I was so close to the finish line at Toad's Turnpike until a blue shell hit me and got hit by Dragon's red shell. Then I struggled a bit at Cloudtop Cruise by constantly getting hit by Dragon's items. Both courses got me on 2nd place, but at least I did end up victorious at the rest of my 8 courses.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Racing starts in 1hr, so, stop by if you have the time!

Also, I just wanna say, from this month on, I'm going to start talling up the points that you all get in each racing day session, in which at the end of the month, the one who has the most collective points will win the tournament for this month!

So, my advice is to race often, and I'll do my best to start races with more of a bunch of people at once. :3

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Well, I'll be there then. This is going to be fun.

EDIT:

Well, I'm seriously done with this. I had no fun at all today, really. It wasn't the group I was playing with either. You all are fine and great, it was the game in general today. I tried to join not once, nor twice but three times and got 'Server Unavailable Errors' on launch. I also when into spectate mode to watch Dragon and Pinkie-Dawn race only to be kicked afterwords from the server again. When we did get into racing, I had encountered something I've never seen in a Mario Kart game before. Pure LAG. Ungodly LAG. Sure, some races on Mario Kart Wii were problematic, but not like this. This was TERRIBLE LAG. I double-checked my wireless connection and had no issues on my end so it must of been the servers again at Nintendo Online. The final straw that broke this camel's back was being blue shelled twice before a finish line and then SERVER KICKED. Normally blue shells are okay. I do not mind them, even before the finish line. That is justified, its Mario Kart. But the server lag and then the kick AFTER the blue shell, un-allowing me to finish the race? That is damnable right there, so til this sorts out (or I calm down) from this, I'm withdrawing my hat from the tourney ring.

Good day.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I agree, I had a rough start in the first few courses, and then my gamepad needed charging. But I was able to pick up the pace after that. I knew we should've waited for CureYoshiDarkness for the final race after he told me he got kicked out of the server. I doubt I won 1st place for my overall scores for the past races I participated and missed out.

Cura

Years
    Forgive me for the mental flipout, I'm just iffed by this upset. Lag is rare in Mario Kart and encountering it was sudden and strange.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    It's okay - the lag haaas been sorta off and on for me too. @__@ I guess it's the general traffic of the nintendo network, but, ugh, hope it's fixed soon~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It's okay - the lag haaas been sorta off and on for me too. @__@ I guess it's the general traffic of the nintendo network, but, ugh, hope it's fixed soon~
    Well he did said that this may have something to do with the Mercedes DLC coming up this month. Do you happen to know what day we'll have the results?

Cura

Years
    Spoiler:

This is the lag, I was talking about before the boot from the server. Not has severe, but still a pain in the rear-end.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Racing starts in 1hr, so, stop by if you have the time!

Also, I just wanna say, from this month on, I'm going to start talling up the points that you all get in each racing day session, in which at the end of the month, the one who has the most collective points will win the tournament for this month!

So, my advice is to race often, and I'll do my best to start races with more of a bunch of people at once. :3

Can we try and do at least one reasonably set time a week? Not everyone needs to be there, but something people can plan and aim for somewhat

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Can we try and do at least one reasonably set time a week? Not everyone needs to be there, but something people can plan and aim for somewhat

This. I've got on to play at times and it's either already over or starting after. Maybe figure out a good, central time for everyone to be able to participate (or at least a majority of people desiring to play). :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mmm, it's sorta tricky finding one single time where everyone can play though - Unless maybe someone else wants to volunteer to be a host, and create games?

Cause I think having two hosts will have more chances for everyone to play!

Back