• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meat? Pfft!

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    I never have and never will because of BACON!!! How could you not live without that stuff. Or chicken fingers, nice juicy burger, the not-so-often steak, and stuff. I drink a large glass of milk every night and eggs every morning. I don't know how I would deal with no meat. BACON!!

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I've been vegetarian for 3 months now, excluding a brief marshmallow ordeal. To be honest not much has changed for me, I only ate meat on the off occasion anyway because my parents were already vegetarian, but if I ever start wanting it I just eat quorn instead. I changed half because quorn seemed healthier, but mostly because I always felt like such a hypocrite arguing for animal rights and stuff whilst eating them. I don't think I could ever be vegan though, cereal is the best food :D

Years
    Not me. I have stuff like pizza, burgers and hot dogs on a regular basis.

Although i've had veggie burgers on rare occasion, those are decent when i'm feeling in that kind of mood.

Years
    I never have and never will because of BACON!!!

Can someone explain to me the whole concept of bacon being like, the ultimate food god? XD Before I was vegetarian, I tried it, but only as bits in caesar salads so I've never understood how everyone goes ape♥♥♥♥ o.o

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    Can someone explain to me the whole concept of bacon being like, the ultimate food god? XD Before I was vegetarian, I tried it, but only as bits in caesar salads so I've never understood how everyone goes ape♥♥♥♥ o.o

https://sci2.tv/#!/videos/664/

The smell is just too unresistable. The taste is heavenly. It's like to the ultimate food. It's hard to explain. Bacon is just bacon and tastes too good to be true (unless it's burnt). Give bacon another try. Now I'm tempted to go make like 20 pieces of bacon and stuff it all in at once and savior the taste. :)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I am definitely not and there are several reasons why.

First reason is that meat tastes freaking delicious.

Second reason is that the meat alternates gross me out. The soy meats make me think of processed meats like sub meats and I couldn't imagine eating that for dinner. :/ I've tried them before because my friend was a vegetarian and they just don't taste that good. It's also ironic because if you're a vegetarian, why are you eating fake meat in the form of regular meat...? (soy hotdogs for example)

Third reason is that it's waaaaay too hard. Why would I want to make eating difficult for myself? The animals are still being killed whether you eat the meat or not. You have to read package labels ALL the time, cut out a lot of good snacks and treats, some of the fake meats are expensive, and it can be hard to get your proper nutrients without the use of pills.

Being a vegetarian is easier than a vegan, obviously but it's still pretty hard. It could get worse when you want to start a family. Vegetarian moms should NEVER force their kids to follow their lifestyle.

Years
    Being a vegetarian is easier than a vegan, obviously but it's still pretty hard. It could get worse when you want to start a family. Vegetarian moms should NEVER force their kids to follow their lifestyle.

Yeah, even as a vegetarian, I could never imagine doing a vegan diet D: Seems, like you said, way too much effort. In my diet, I only strictly avoid any kind of meat, but I don't mind it touching my vegetables, and stuff so I'm a pretty chill pescetarian XD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I could never go vegetarian myself, I eat meat constantly, I do love spinach (it's the only vegetable I could eat alone without any extra ingredients/condiments).

Years
    Third reason is that it's waaaaay too hard. Why would I want to make eating difficult for myself? The animals are still being killed whether you eat the meat or not. You have to read package labels ALL the time, cut out a lot of good snacks and treats, some of the fake meats are expensive, and it can be hard to get your proper nutrients without the use of pills.

Sorry, how is being a vegan hard? I can think of around 40 different kinds of vegetables off the top of my head ( and I am sure there are many more available that I do not remember right now ), while meat is always the same thing made in different, disgusting ways.
    Half a dozen kinds of fruit are available every season, not counting the exotic ones and those that are off-season, but still available ( which in my opinion, should not be consumed, but oh well ). Nothing has to be cooked, so how can preparing all of this be hard?
    Also, your way of thinking really disturbs me "The animals are still being killed whether you eat the meat or not"... Has their life no value to you, at all?
    Reading package labels to understand the contents of a product can only be of benefit, and not only to vegans but to anyone who cares even just a little about their health. How is being educated about what we eat a nuisance?
    Lastly, pills are not needed, especially in a vegan diet where nutrients are most abundant.
    Who needs vitamin D supplements when you can just go out and expose your skin to the sun?

Years
    I would lose my mind if I had to be vegan or vegetarian. Nope. If you want to ignore your natural biology, then be my guest. I'll pass.

Although, it would be easier to be a vegetarian than vegan simply because soooo many products we use contain animal by-products it's ridiculous. You'd be a vegan for all of two days if you weren't super knowledgeable about what makes its way into basic supplies like toothpaste, soaps, cleaning agents, glues, adhesives, plastics, etc. And that's not even counting all the food.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was vegetarian for about 2 1/2 years. Unless your family are difficult about it, it's really not hard to achieve if you have an ounce of self control and are actually sure about it.

I stopped because I stopped really caring.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No, I am not a vegetarian and could never be one. I eat meat every day, I love it! However, I love animals too but I think that it's fine to eat them. If we don't eat them, most animals will be killed off by stronger predators anyways. As I look at it, we are at the to of the food chain. I work at McDonalds and have seen some gross things involving meat, but I still don't find it unattractive when I eat it.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Vegetables don't exist. They are a liberal conspiracy to turn everyone gay.

No. I'm not.

Years
    I'm not a vegetarian, because well meat tastes great and I'm someone who struggles to eat vegetables because of their "bland" taste. I'm pretty much someone who cares about taste and going vegetarian would make it hard for me, and I'd have to take pills just for my daily protein.

Sir Codin

The smell is just too unresistable. The taste is heavenly. It's like to the ultimate food. It's hard to explain. Bacon is just bacon and tastes too good to be true (unless it's burnt). Give bacon another try. Now I'm tempted to go make like 20 pieces of bacon and stuff it all in at once and savior the taste. :)

I thought you were talking about the true ultimate food for a second there:

Beef Jerkey

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Jim Gaffigan covers this better than I could.

"I love animals, I just like eating them more. Fun to pet, better to chew."

Alternatively that thing he said about bacon, "Bacon is so good, they improve other foods by wrapping it in bacon."

I couldn't handle living without ever having another rare sirloin. The bloodier, the better. Much less going without bacon.

Sir Codin

Beef Jerky is ultimate.

Beef Jerky is life.

If you don't like beef jerky, get off my planet.

Last edited:
    Back