• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • OMG I MEANT SHARPEDO ;___; It is 3 in the morning; I am gonna be getting off soon.

Milotic with two evos. would be awesome; it'd make it even worth getting. So glad I bred myself a Feebas; it'll save me time trying to fish one up XD

Yeah, I better go to sleep too. It's now midnight here.
    Well, this is supposedly everything is what I heard in Pokébeach. So we won't miss much, unless they were wrong.

Yeah two. One can be more defensive (Alpha I'm thinking), and the other more Offensive (Omega) oriented.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Seviper for Archie?

I just figured out that Milotic is likely the fourth corner of the circle (the lower half) from it's scan detailing how Feebas evolves. But there is no Mega there. Just the names of the games. I hope it'll get one next issue. Hopefully even two. One could be Water/Dragon (Omega) and the other can be Water/Fairy (Alpha) :3

The Corocoro scans say nothing about a Mega for Milotic or it's evolution having to do with contests (Serebii/Joe is an idiot) it just points out that certain Pokemon like Milotic and Feebas are good for contests. #clarification

Years
  • Why the need for Hyper Voice when both Gardevoir and Sylveon know Moonblast, which has high BP than a Pixilated Hyper Voice?

It's because Normal-type moves get the boost from Pixilate (or Refrigerate/Aerilate) and because Moonblast itself is already Fairy-type it doesn't get the power boost. That is why most competitive sets for Pixilate users recommend Hyper Voice as the move of choice, because it gets STAB + power boost from Pixilate so effectively it outdamages Moonblast in the end.

Years
  • Some of the funny fanarts about our poor Mega Salamence ;-;

Spoiler:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Do you guys think that these will be the only new Megas, with no possibility of anymore?
    I mean if this was a Mega Scoop, with the little amount we got, there could be another one later....

No.
    There's still Archie and Maxie's mega stones which are assumed to belong to sharpeedo and camerupt
    Additionally, there's also the inevitable possibility of getting alpha/delta/omega/whatever requayza
    And not to mention, they almost always keep things hidden to be discovered during the actual games release. For x and y I think they kept mega baynette, scizor, pinsir, heracross and maybe manectric/houndoom hidden (may not have been those but they defs kept some in revealed until the game was released), so chances are they'll do that again.

I'm certain there's more megas to come.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    wait mega salamence has arms?! i swear i didn't see any arms on the corocoro scan x.x

Years
  • No.
    There's still Archie and Maxie's mega stones which are assumed to belong to sharpeedo and camerupt
    Additionally, there's also the inevitable possibility of getting alpha/delta/omega/whatever requayza
    And not to mention, they almost always keep things hidden to be discovered during the actual games release. For x and y I think they kept mega baynette, scizor, pinsir, heracross and maybe manectric/houndoom hidden (may not have been those but they defs kept some in revealed until the game was released), so chances are they'll do that again.

I'm certain there's more megas to come.

Right! These were the Mega Evolutions they revealed before the release of X&Y.. So, I'm sure we'll get at least 8-10 new Mega Evolutions!

Years
  • I don't think this is everything. It seems like it, but it also seems like we are missing some more Megas. I guess we will know for sure if there is more on the 12th

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was hoping for a Mega Scoop But Instate got a Normal Scoop!!!
    If I remember correctly , Lopunny can use its Ear as fist to fight !
    I saw it on a Pokemon Terra game.
    But doesn't it lose that ability after Megevolving .
    Anyway , It seem like all Hoenn Pokemon in this Poster will get a Megevolution-
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • I could be wrong but wasn't that Wingull part of the poster shown in a video that was released after the actual poster itself?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Corocoro scans say nothing about a Mega for Milotic or it's evolution having to do with contests (Serebii/Joe is an idiot) it just points out that certain Pokemon like Milotic and Feebas are good for contests. #clarification

I know, it's only speculation on my part. Well that contest part I wasn't aware of.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Since Pokémon can Mega Evolve during Contests, perhaps we can face off against Wallace in (high-level) Contests, and he can use his Milotic and Mega Evolve it--similar to how you could participate in high-level Contests alongside certain Gym Leaders in gen 4. Speaking of gen 4, if Jasmine makes a cameo appearance in ORAS (which is possible, because she wouldn't be too much younger in ORAS compared to DPP/HGSS), she could be an opponent in high-level Contests, just like in DPP, and perhaps she could show off a Mega Steelix. It seems like an odd choice, because it's a gen 2 Pokémon, and Onix can't even be caught in the original RSE, but Contests, especially post-game & National Dex, seem like a good way to introduce certain Megas to the player. It seems like they'll be using that method to introduce Mega Altaria, at least; that's what it seems like from the screenshot shown in CoroCoro.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Of the 3 megas revealed obviously Lopunny took me by surprise. Scrappy is an inreresting ability especially now that its fightin type as well means that it can hit ghosts. My first thought that it might be able to handle Aeigslash since it's been said that it'll get a sp,attack and attack stat boost but how much of a boost is unknown.
    Alteria's typing also surprised me as its the first dragon/fairy that's been speculated for Latias/Ltios. With its defensive bulk, I guess we'll be seeing it being a bulky setup sweeper. doing well against other dragons.
    Aerialate Saloamence is ♥♥♥♥ing badass. That's all I have to say. DOuble edge/Outrage/Flamethrower/filler is going to hit like a truck.

Beauty Pikachu is the one I'm most excited for, Finally a physical pikachu with Icicle Crash ;D

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I was hoping for a Mega Scoop But Instate got a Normal Scoop!!!
    If I remember correctly , Lopunny can use its Ear as fist to fight !
    I saw it on a Pokemon Terra game.
    But doesn't it lose that ability after Megevolving .
    Anyway , It seem like all Hoenn Pokemon in this Poster will get a Megevolution-
    Spoiler:
    Don't bother relying on that poster, because Altaria wasn't part of the silhouettes, and yet it received a Mega Evolution.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Don't bother relying on that poster, because Altaria wasn't part of the silhouettes, and yet it received a Mega Evolution.
    I do hope that is the case. It's no fun to know all the new Megas ahead of time, not to mention that all the ones in the poster are Hoenn Pokemon, and that's no fun either; show the other generations some love. Also, Loppunny isn't on that poster either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back