• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Mega Shiftry gets more likely by each release.
    If you look, look who Beedrill is unsurprisingly fighting like all the trailers for other megas and such XD.

Mega Shiftry next month. Alongside Flygon, Milotic and Dusknoir

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Even in its Mega Evolution, GF still manages to screw Pidgeot by giving it No Guard, in which the only move that works for it is Hurricane, as well as Heat Wave via Move Tutors. Both of which are special moves, which Pidgeot doesn't specialize in. It makes me think the only reason Pidgeot got a Mega Evolution was to cash-in with the popularity of the Bird Jesus meme during the Twitch Plays Pokémon fiasco, where ORAS was still secretly in development. Now I'm expecting a Mega Omastar.

As for Mega Beedrill, insert obligatory "Not the Bees" joke here. But seriously, why Beedrill over its more popular counterpart, Butterfree, which meets the criteria to receive a Mega Evolution?

Years
  • Beedrill I am okay with because of adaptability, give him a speed boost and call it a day. Pidgeot however, seriously No Gaurd only helps Hurricane, Oh and all the stoneedges coming his way.

Years
  • Wow was not expecting these megas at all. I did want a mega butterfree through, so it seems like now I have a real chance.

And more wow to the No Guard ability. Gotta agree with everyone- why give it that??? Pidgeot's movepool doesn't fit this at all, disappointing.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Dude! I'm Desperate! MEGA LUDICOLO

You're giving really good looking megas to the bottom rung of awful pokemon, which is good, BUT Ludicolo is a Hoen Native!

I really want Ludicolo to mega.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill were two I totally didn't expect; Ones that I'm really happy with though!

This make me wonder if all pokemon will have mega evolutions.

I was so happy when I saw mega beedrill!! I love this pokemon and now maybe I can use it! :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Even in its Mega Evolution, GF still manages to screw Pidgeot by giving it No Guard, in which the only move that works for it is Hurricane, as well as Heat Wave via Move Tutors. Both of which are special moves, which Pidgeot doesn't specialize in. It makes me think the only reason Pidgeot got a Mega Evolution was to cash-in with the popularity of the Bird Jesus meme during the Twitch Plays Pokémon fiasco, where ORAS was still secretly in development. Now I'm expecting a Mega Omastar.

As for Mega Beedrill, insert obligatory "Not the Bees" joke here. But seriously, why Beedrill over its more popular counterpart, Butterfree, which meets the criteria to receive a Mega Evolution?
    It is getting a boost to Special Attack, supposedly. But....does it get any other special moves besides Hurricane and Heat Wave? I don't remember.

As for why Beedrill and Pidgeot? Despite the claim that there's reasons/criteria for choosing what gets a Mega, I'm still not convinced there is, other than popularity in some cases.

Years
  • Just a handful of things that either aren't worth using, or have good accuracy anyway.

I think that Pidgeot has to be one of the worst Megas performance-wise, mainly because its moveset doesn't benefit its ability well. And of course it can never run from a Stone Edge... pretty sure this might be one of the few Megas to actually be in NU.

In fact it's not the first time we've had a No Guard user not have its movepool be any help. Honedge and Doublade don't learn many low-accuracy moves whereas the Machop line can abuse it easily with Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would expect to see Mega Butterfree revealed in the coming weeks. As Butterfree is a counterpart to Beedrill, it's definitely looking likely. I can't see them buffing up one of the two and leaving the other to fall behind for no particular reason.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well...they did boost Beautifly's stats but not Dustox's this generation irc...and those are the evos or Wumple's alt evos...
    But, yeah. I don't want to see it become another Gallade.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Beedrill and Pidgeot? Wow talk about unexpected. I don't know what GF's decision making process consists of when picking new megas, but I would have never guessed Beedrill in a hundred guesses. They look cool, especially Beedrill. Interesting that they didn't make major changes to Pidgeot's design. From a battle standpoint I'll echo what everyone else has been saying about it's ability No Guard. I won't make too much of it for now though. It could always get new move tutor moves. Overall B+ for both.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I like Mega Pidgeot's design only because it looks very much like regular pidgeot except in-game it doesn't have it's little feet dangling about and they're nice and tucked in. Really bummed about the ability though. Think it should have gotten speed boost to be honest.

Years
  • Virgo - Mega fearow would be cool, they might put mega swellow instead just because its from gen 3 and fearow is from gen 1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back