• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

metal music?

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
Years
  • yeah im lovin them so far

anyone heard lamb of gods new CD? im gonna pick it up in a little
    i heard a couple songs today during lunch on my friends ipod and they were pretty good
    wonderin what you guys thought of it

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Let's see.
    Favorite

Vocalist

David Lee Roth or Paul Stanley.
    Great showmanship from both of them.

Guitarist
    Ace Frehley,Vito Bratta, Rocky George or Randy Rhoads.
    Theres no solos you CAN'T hum from them.

Johnny Ramone
    Simplicity.

Steve Vai
    Guitar genius.

Bassist
    Marcus Miller
    Nuf Said.

Drummer
    I gots none.

Last edited:

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
  • yeah im lovin them so far

anyone heard lamb of gods new CD? im gonna pick it up in a little
    i heard a couple songs today during lunch on my friends ipod and they were pretty good
    wonderin what you guys thought of it
    It was pretty good, but I still like their older stuff better.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • I actually just bought Lamb Of God's new album yesterday. It isn't bad, just too...sacramenty (if that makes any sense), and I didn't really like Randy Blythe's vocals in it. Their best album is probably "Ashes of the Wake," imo.

I just have to stop you right there dude. Sacrament was crap, Wrath is awesome. It's the most thrashy they've been since ATPB. And yeah, I agree Ashes is the best.

I like mostly progressive metal and stuff. I like a lot of the earlier prog metal stuff like Queensryche (Operation: Mindcrime is amazing) or Dream Theater. I really dig prog metalcore like BTBAM or Protest the Hero, though I'm not too much of a fan of mathcore (yes there is a difference).

Any sort of prog metal is usually alright in my book. Tech death like Obscura, Cynic, Death, or Opeth (debatable) is awesome.

Early thrash is really great too; Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, Kreator, Megadeth, it's all awesome. On the touchy subject of Metallica... I really like their first four albums. They peaked (imo) on AJFA. By no means are the other albums bad, they just don't match up. Load is probably my least favorite album of theirs. ReLoad is awesome, and St. Anger could have been so much better. Death Magnetic is often seen as the return to the 'old Metallica', but I like to see it as the future of a heavier, kickassier Metallica.

But yeah, there you go.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Early thrash is really great too; Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, Kreator, Megadeth, it's all awesome. On the touchy subject of Metallica... I really like their first four albums. They peaked (imo) on AJFA. By no means are the other albums bad, they just don't match up. Load is probably my least favorite album of theirs. ReLoad is awesome, and St. Anger could have been so much better. Death Magnetic is often seen as the return to the 'old Metallica', but I like to see it as the future of a heavier, kickassier Metallica.

But yeah, there you go.

If you ask me, Load was better ten ReLoad, just because of how much Metallica experimented with their style and sound. I love Hero of the Day. ReLoad to me has a fe whits, but not too many. But eh, at least you're on the same page with me on St. Anger. It could have gone a lot better.

I like what you are saying with Death Magnetic too. I can see your a fan who still looks for Metallica's golden age to return like me. Rock on bro!

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Anyone else know of the doom metal band Tristitia? They're pretty excellent - I'd recommend their album "Garden of Darkness" to any fans of My Dying Bride or similar bands.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I just have to stop you right there dude. Sacrament was crap, Wrath is awesome. It's the most thrashy they've been since ATPB. And yeah, I agree Ashes is the best.

Sacrament was terrible, dude. Aside from "Walk with me in Hell" and "Redneck," the entire album was complete garbage. It was overproduced with repetitive vocals, and mediocre guitars. Maybe it wasn't really fair for me to put Wrath on the same level of Sacrament, but I still didn't really see anything too distinctive on this album from their previous work =/

It wasn't by any means "bad," I still just prefer their older stuff.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • If you ask me, Load was better ten ReLoad, just because of how much Metallica experimented with their style and sound. I love Hero of the Day. ReLoad to me has a fe whits, but not too many.

ReLoad was the extreme experimental album, though. With Load it sounds like they're trying to be thrash, even they really don't want to be. It just ends up sounding silly. With ReLoad, they didn't even try being thrash, and I like it in a different way than I do the other albums because of that.

Sacrament was terrible, dude. Aside from "Walk with me in Hell" and "Redneck," the entire album was complete garbage. It was overproduced with repetitive vocals, and mediocre guitars.

dude, I know, I was agreeing with you.

Last edited:

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Isn't that what all metal is today?
    Cookie monster vocals and overdone guitar solos all with the same tone?

Depends what you've been listening to. If you mean that mainstream Trivium/Bullet for my Valentire crap, then yeah, I agree. But you shouldn't categorize the entire genre into that =X

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Anyone listen to the new Mastodon single, Oblivion?
    I'm obsessed with it...its been on repeat the last three days on iTunes.
    I don't like a heap of metal bands but Mastodon is awesome.

Dark Hiro

Fear of the dark
    Years
  • Nirvana is a good catchy band.

I'd be a fan of Cannibal Corpse and Death Metal in general if:
    1. I could understand what it is the vocalist says. It suounds like they are just puking into a microphone, sorry, but that's not talent unless you really do it good. Example: Nathan Explosion (lol). I can understand him!
    2. The drummer actually did more good things on the kit. I'm a drummer, and I know good drumming. Deth Metal drummers use double bass TOO MUCH. As much as I love double bass, if your gonna use it throughout the song, every song, you have no interest from me. Also the transistions I hear are rather dirty. On the positive side? I like the use of SOME blast beats!
    3. The guitars weren't so damn dirty. I know a few songs where the guitars just continually play one dirty note throughout the entire song. I was just like "TURN THAT OFF!"

So death metal really needs some more quality before I can give it respect. I look for theme in metal. Metallica and the other bands I have mentioned have provided that.

legendarypokebreeder, you've seen Megadeth?

I envy you. I may like Metallica more, but Megadeth is a big respect for me. I'm sorta glad the old Metallica / Megadeth fueds have setteled over the years. Megadeth may be my third favorite band now.
    5. Slayer
    4. Moody Blues
    3. Megadeth
    2. Pantera
    1. Metallica

Cannibal corpse is a horrible band and not death metal in my opinion.
    IF you want to hear some good solid death metal then listening to chuck schuldiners band aptly named Death is a good start (then go on to listen to his progressive metal band control denied for some of his better guitar riffs).
    Death is often called the progenitor of Death metal , they got the ball rolling there were a few bands before them but Death redefined the genre and then in the 90's redefined the genre again .Chuck pretty much showed that you dont have to be screaming unhearable nothings into the microphone to play death metal. Yar , theres lots of screaches and token death metal cookie monster grunt but this is 100% different and better then the crap band cannibal corpse.

anyway my favorite metal bands are fairly old by todays standards but there 100% solid kick ass metal.
    In no particular order

Death
    Control denied
    Iced earth
    Kreator
    Iron maiden
    Megadeth
    Dethklok (i was so happy they released an album)
    allagoch (ill never spell it right)
    neaera
    Ameousours (ill never spell it right either , french metal band similar to allagoch)
    Alcest (same as above)
    Ayreon
    Darkest Hour
    Moonsorrow

yar its alot of favorites but i really just enjoy all these bands far more then any other metal band i listen to.

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
  • I will go all the way back 2 pages to my comment about Limp Bizkit. They are metal, they are classified as Nu-Metal, aloong with Disturbed, Slipknot, Korn, Linkin Park and many others.

My faves at the moment:

Slipknot
    I like Slipknot because they are just so good lyrically and are quite heavy, my fave albums by them are Self-Titled and Iowa. Although, after disasterpieces 2002 in london, they aren't that great live anymore but i still love them.

Disturbed
    I love these guys, David's voice is just so unique, and you cannot really compare them, as their music is just so, well, incompareable. I like their first album, The Sickness, above all of their others.

Suicide Silence
    They are so brutal, even though i cannot understand them, they are still one of my favourite bands. My favourite song will have to be Bludgeoned to Death.

Megadeth
    These guys are so much better than metallica, they're heavier, their solo's are better, and they sound better live. Fave Album would have to be United Abominations, and songs would be Burnt Ice and United Abominations.

I hope i satisfied vega's expectations on explaining why i like the bands i like, and which are my favourites.

Dark Hiro

Fear of the dark
    Years
  • nu-metal is such an abomination of metal but ehh what ever.
    i agree megadeth is so much better then metallica , and they really do perform better live.

ive seen them live once and it was great they really know how to command a crowd and daves vocals are so damn good they really dont get altered to much in the studio what you hear on CD is really the way he sounds live.
    Where as 90% of todays musicians talent comes after studio edits :P

Back