• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Read the Room (Complete)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • Incredible lead you've got there, Roni! Very interesting predictions for these multiple choice ones, and I imagine even more so for the upcoming free answer questions. :o

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Resumes with the other half of the Multiple Choice section.

10. Which minigame of the following do you like the most?

Answers
    (0) A. Slots
    (0) B. Clefairy Says
    (0) C. Egg Emergency
    (1) D. Making PokeBlocks: VisionofMilotic
    (7) E. Mining in the Underground: Devalue, Sheep, Roni, Lycanthropy, ReKoil, Starlight, Hyzenthlay
    (1) F. Voltorb Flip: Megan
    (0) G. Super Training balloon battles
    (0) H. Mantine Surfing
    (0) I. Making curry

Crushed it with the mining minigame, clearly. Seemed unfair at the time to cram all the Pokemon Stadium minigames into two answers. (Tried to pick popular ones.) Appears to have been mistaken.

Almost answered Mantine Surfing. Designed that pretty well. Ultimately chose the more relaxing mining minigame.

Answered Making Pokeblocks and Voltorb Flip with one vote each. Qualifies for second-most popular this time.

Predictions
    A. Slots: Sheep
    B. Clefairy Says
    C. Egg Emergency
    D. Making PokeBlocks: Hyzenthlay
    E. Mining in the Underground: Lycanthropy, Megan, Starlight
    F. Voltorb Flip: ReKoil
    G. Super Training balloon battles
    H. Mantine Surfing: Roni, VisionofMilotic
    I. Making curry

4 points each for Lycanthropy, Megan, and Starlight
    2 points each for Hyzenthlay and ReKoil

11. Which food would you want to try the most?

Answers
    (1) A. Slowpoke Tail: Hyzenthlay
    (0) B. Rage Candy Bar
    (4) C. Lava Cookie: Megan, VisionofMilotic, ReKoil, Starlight
    (0) D. Old Gateau
    (3) E. Casteliacone: Sheep, Roni, Lycanthropy
    (1) F. Lumiose Galette: Devalue
    (0) G. Shalour Sable
    (0) H. Supreme Summer Poke Puff

Selected the Lavaridge Town specialty. Evidently calls it "Lavaridge Rice Cracker" in Japanese.
    lavacookie.png

Grants second place to the Casteliacone. Fell a little short.

What, no answers for the Old Gateau? Did nobody's mouth water over this purple block?
    oldgateau.png

Predictions
    A. Slowpoke Tail: Megan, Starlight, Hyzenthlay
    B. Rage Candy Bar: VisionofMilotic
    C. Lava Cookie: Lycanthropy
    D. Old Gateau
    E. Casteliacone: ReKoil
    F. Lumiose Galette
    G. Shalour Sable
    H. Supreme Summer Poke Puff: Sheep, Roni

Doles out only a smattering of points from this question: 4 for Lycanthropy and 2 for ReKoil.

Expected the Poke Puff to reign supreme, personally. Brought citrus (or citrus-shaped sugar) to a sweet-heavy lineup.
    Poke_Puff_Supreme_Summer_Sprite.png

(Note to self: Post the images in the question next time.)

12. Which spin-off game do you most want to see another entry in?

Answers
    (5) A. Colosseum/XD: Sheep, Megan, VisionofMilotic, ReKoil, Starlight
    (0) B. Snap
    (0) C. Go
    (0) D. Detective Pikachu
    (0) E. Pinball
    (1) F. Trading Card Game: Devalue
    (3) G. Mystery Dungeon: Roni, Lycanthropy, Hyzenthlay
    (0) H. Puzzle League
    (0) I. None of the above

Broke into two clear camps here.

Predictions
    A. Colosseum/XD: Sheep, Megan, ReKoil, Starlight, Hyzenthlay
    B. Snap
    C. Go
    D. Detective Pikachu
    E. Pinball
    F. Trading Card Game
    G. Mystery Dungeon: Roni, Lycanthropy, VisionofMilotic
    H. Puzzle League
    I. None of the above

Guessed well. (Predicted your own answer, in most cases.) Points for everyone.
    4 points for Sheep, Megan, ReKoil, Starlight, Hyzenthlay
    2 points for Roni, Lycanthropy, VisionofMilotic

Current Standings
    Megan: 24
    Roni: 22
    Starlight: 22
    ReKoil: 20
    Lycanthropy: 20
    Hyzenthlay: 18
    Sheep: 12
    VisionofMilotic: 10

Shaped up to be a tight competition. Separates first place and fifth place by only 4 points. Decides the winner next time with the Free Response.

Years
  • I was so out of touch with the minigame one lmao. Legit thought I was the only one who found the Underground fun, totally forgetting that BDSP revived it and made the place so much better...

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Returns for the conclusion. Jumps into the Free Response to determine the winner. Awards 5 points for the most popular answer, 3 for the second-most, and 1 for the third-most.

13. Creates two new entries in the Let's Go series. Covers Unova (Generation 5). Which two Pokemon do you think would grace the box art?

Answers
    - Minccino: (3) Devalue, Lycanthropy, Megan

- Lillipup: (2) Devalue, Sheep
    - Purrloin: (2) Sheep, ReKoil
    - Oshawott: (2) Roni, Starlight
    - Snivy: (2) Roni, Starlight
    - Axew: (2) Lycanthropy, VisionofMilotic

- Emolga: (1) Megan
    - Zorua: (1) VisionofMilotic
    - Ducklett: (1) ReKoil
    - Reshiram: (1) Hyzenthlay
    - Zekrom: (1) Hyzenthlay

Chose Minccino as the face of the Let's Go Unova series. Swirled around several Pokemon as its partner mascot, however. Boosted them into the second-most popular spot. Means 5 points for a Minccino prediction and 3 points for Lillipup, Purrloin, Oshawott, Snivy, and Axew.

Predictions
    - Minccino: Sheep, VisionofMilotic, ReKoil

- Snivy: Megan, Starlight
    - Oshawott: Megan, Starlight
    - Lillipup: Lycanthropy
    - Purrloin: Lycanthropy

- Zorua: Sheep, VisionofMilotic, ReKoil
    - Pikachu: Roni
    - Eevee: Roni
    - Reshiram: Hyzenthlay
    - Zekrom: Hyzenthlay

5 points for Sheep, VisionofMilotic, and ReKoil
    6 points for Megan, Starlight, and Lycanthropy

Predicted Zorua heavily. Thought of Zorua initially when answering. Tied too strongly to N. Should not be the player character's main Pokemon also.

14. Who are three of your favorite characters from the franchise? (Accepts any human character in any Pokemon game or the anime. Allows specific Pokemon, such as "Brock's Onix", but not simply "Onix".)

Answers
    - Brock: (3) Roni, VisionofMilotic, Hyzenthlay
    - James: (3) Megan, Starlight, Hyzenthlay

- N: (2) Devalue, Sheep
    - Steven Stone: (2) Sheep, ReKoil

- Ash's Charizard: (1) VisionofMilotic
    - Barry: (1) Roni
    - Blaine: (1) Lycanthropy
    - Cynthia: (1) Roni
    - Dawn's Piplup: (1) Hyzenthlay
    - Guildmaster Wigglytuff: (1) Lycanthropy
    - Ilima: (1) Sheep
    - Iris: (1) VisionofMilotic
    - Karen: (1) Starlight
    - Jessie: (1) Megan
    - Lana: (1) Devalue
    - Lillie: (1) Devalue
    - Lorelei: (1) ReKoil
    - Malva: (1) ReKoil
    - Misty: (1) Starlight
    - Sapphire: (1) Lycanthropy
    - Team Rocket Meowth: (1) Megan

Coalesced around Brock and James for the top spot. Reached some agreement for N and Steven. Hands out 5 points for Brock and James predictions. Falls to 1 point for N and Steven as third-most popular.

Predictions
    - Brock: VisionofMilotic, Hyzenthlay
    - N: Sheep, Roni
    - Steven: Starlight

- Cynthia: Sheep, Roni, Lycanthropy, ReKoil, Starlight
    - Ash: Lycanthropy, ReKoil, Starlight
    - Ash's Pikachu: Roni, Lycanthropy, Megan
    - Dawn: Megan, VisionofMilotic
    - Gary Oak: Hyzenthlay
    - Misty: Megan
    - Lily: Hyzenthlay
    - Lorelei: ReKoil
    - Red: Sheep
    - Serena: VisionofMilotic

5 points to VisionofMilotic and Hyzenthlay
    1 point to Sheep, Roni, and Starlight

United under the banners of Cynthia, Ash, and Ash's Pikachu for predictions. Wound up being none of them. Totaled only one answer between them.

Final Standings
    1st: Megan: 30
    2nd: Starlight: 29
    3rd: Lycanthropy: 26
    4th: ReKoil: 25
    5th: Roni: 23
    5th: Hyzenthlay: 23
    7th: VisionofMilotic: 20
    8th: Sheep: 18

Congratulations to Megan for emerging as the winner of Mind Read the Room. Stood at or near the top of the leaderboard for most of the game with consistently good predictions.

Thanks everyone for playing. Hopes you found it enjoyable.

Already started thinking of next time. Generated a few ideas. Intended adjustments for next round:

- Change "Even Split" to "Contested" for Yes/No questions. Covers situations when "Yes" accounts for 40% to 60% of answers, including both endpoints. Rewards 4 points instead of Even Split's 5.
    - Reduce the number of multiple choice answers to five maximum. Favors predicting your own answer too much otherwise. Creates some interesting calculations too, such as whether Generations 3 and 4 are more popular than Generation 1. Will be mindful of this effect for the Free Response too.

Requests your feedback as well. Helps to improve this game (and perhaps other games). Formulated a few specific questions. Welcomes whatever you have to say, though. Questions:

1. Which set of responses do you think is clearer for the instructions of the Yes/No questions?
    - More than 75% Yes
    - More than 50% Yes
    - Even Split
    - Less than 50% Yes
    - Less than 25% Yes

or

- More than 75% Yes
    - More than 50% Yes
    - Even Split
    - More than 50% No
    - More than 75% No

Considered both for this round's instructions. Chose the former. Leans more towards the latter now.

2. Was the number of questions too much or too few? Alternatively, would multiple rounds have been better to reduce the number of questions at once?

3. Is there a way to make it easier for people on phones to respond? Never browses the Internet on a phone.

4. Anything else?

Years
  • Huge congrats to Megan for reading everyone's mind the best! I thought I still had a shot but man, that final segment whipped me lol. Now onto the queries :3

1. Initially I had a hard time understanding the percentages predictions at first (I was expecting it to look like the latter with the No's), so yeah I believe the latter view would be better to use for the next game :3

2. I personally would like more questions w/ multiple rounds. Makes it feel like a full on event that actively engages me whenever I get on here. But I can understand that that might deter participants who don't come into Trivia everyday/regularly. Thinking about it more now though, they could just answer all the questions on the final day of the questionnaire, when all questions will have already been posted then. Each post can have links that lead back to previous questions, to make things easier for late comers. If this is all too complicated, I'm absolutely fine with having all questions posted at once~

3. I literally had to move to my laptop from my phone just to be able to comment this lol. Forums on mobile is pretty blech in general, but how about if the questions were posted via a Google form? No need for participants to format PMs to Deva, therefore making it slightly easier to join. Also makes it easier for Deva to collate answers at the same time. Note: if this were the move, then it'd be much more efficient to give out all questions at once. Therefore disregard my answer on number 2 lol.

4. For real this brought a lot of excitement to the Pokemon Trivia section for me personally, which is why I'm super active with following this thread, and seeing where this event goes~ Can't wait for the next one!

Years
  • 1. Both are fine imo, but the latter is probably more intuitive.

2. It did require setting aside some time to fill it all in and try to predict. I wouldn't mind even more questions.
    But yes, it might be better to divide it up into multiple rounds so you don't have to answer everything at once.

3. No idea, I don't use my mobile to view PC.

4. Cool idea 👍

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Wait, I won? I mean: of course!

1. It actually took me a little bit to get accustomed to the first version. I was actually expecting the second one. So I would go with that one.

2. I didn't mind filling out everything at once. It was quite a bit but that's totally ok. I actually expect if it was multiple rounds I would have missed at least a couple of them. ^^"
    Then again, you could always notify people by quoting them...

3. I don't use mobile but I assume text based stuff on a phone is a little bit more elaborate then let's say filling out a prepared survey document.

4. I liked it but I still think it would be a lot more fun if more people joined it. Though, I don't know how we could accomplish that...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Congrats to Megan for reading all our minds, haha! And Taylor and Lycan too, making top three! This was a lot of fun seeing the results posted in segments, really appreciate the event and would be delighted to see it return!

1. Like others suggested, I would go with the second option, it reads better/easier!

2. I don't mind filling out all the questions in one batch once I get into it (and I'd actually be interested in more questions!), but I can see how it'd be daunting for some having to go through all that text - especially with formatting it. I did the bare minimum formatting to make my answers bold for an easier read, but even that took time! So having it pre-formatted for copy/pasting would be ideal.

3. Not a mobile user, so can't comment. I think having it pre-formatted will help mobile users at least, as Roni suggested, since I imagine that's quite difficult via phone!

4. Maybe advertise the event in Discord! Could potentially bring in more members. ^ ^

Back