• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Video Game Showdown - Dream Smash Bros. Newcomer! (Winner: Banjo & Kazooie!)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Welcome to the Monthly Video Game Showdown! This month's theme is...Dream Smash Bros. Newcomer! This excellent idea comes thanks to last month's winner, resident moderator El Heroe Oscuro! Winning last month's Sidekicks theme was no easy feat, but Midna reigns supreme as the all time best sidekick. Now...let's see who you folks would love to have added to the roster of the new Super Smash Bros. games!

As a side note, the winner of last month's showdown (character, not member) will not be allowed to compete. Thus...Midna may not be nominated this month.

SHOWDOWN HAS BEGUN! VIEW BRACKET HERE TO BEGIN VOTING!

Schedule
    This schedule is subject to change dependent on quantity of nominees and other circumstances.

Nominations will last September 8 - 12
    First round voting will last from September 13 - 16
    Second round voting will last from September 17 - 20
    Semifinal voting will last from September 21 - 25
    Final voting will last from September 26-29
    Winner will be announced September 30​

Nomination Form
    Your nomination form must be done LIKE THIS. Any nominations that do not follow this guideline cannot compete!

For this Showdown, your nominee must come from a Nintendo game; they can come from any Nintendo game on any system, but must be an exclusive Nintendo character or franchise.

Nominee: (Their name, obviously)
    From What Series: (Let us know where they come from!)
    Why: (Let the voters know WHY this nominee is the best addition. Try not to write a novel, but give us the proof and reasoning behind voting for your nominee!)
    Their Final Smash Move: (Let us know that all-powerful move of theirs)
    Image: (Preferred, but not required. Keep it small or in a spoiler tag if large)​

Example Nomination Form
    As this is the example, Dankey Kang may not be nominated. Sorry! /s

Nominee: Dankey Kang
    From What Series: Sanic Burgers & the Dropped Soap Mystery
    Why: Dankey Kang is Lord of Banana-town. He is stronger than Sanic, but together they fight baddies and protect Princess Zorldo.
    Their Final Smash Move: Dankey powers up with the use of his rangs of powerz, then runs across the stage.
    Spoiler:

Nominees (16)

Isaac from Golden Sun - nominated by O'aka XXIII
    Ridley from Metroid - nominated by Guildmaster Wigglytuff
    Amaterasu from Okami - nominated by Jak
    Skull Kid from Legend of Zelda - nominated by Klippy

Elincia from Fire Emblem - nominated by Kokoro
    Simon Belmont from Castlevania - nominated by elheroeoscuro
    Protoman from Megaman Battle Network - nominated by Endless
    Inkling from Splatoon - nominated by The Dark Avenger

Banjo & Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie - nominated by TRIFORCE89
    Funky Kong from Donkey Kong - nominated by -Yoshi-
    Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney - nominated by SeekerOfDarkness
    Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong - nominated by Dragon

Maverick Hunter Zero from Megaman X - nominated by Necrum
    Kachi from Sin and Punishment - nominated by OX Growlithe
    K.K. Slider from Animal Crossing - nominated by Klippy
    Vaati from Legend of Zelda - nominated by Morkula

Prizes

• There will be a new emblem given out to those that participate in this Monthly Showdown!
    • The person who nominates the winner of the Showdown will be allowed to select the next Showdown's topic!

Gallery of Winners

Sidekicks Showdown - Midna nominated by El Héroe Oscuro

Credit to O'aka XXIII for the original concept

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Nominee: Isaac
    From What Series: Golden Sun
    Why: Golden Sun is a very much so loved series full of great story, combat, and characters of which Isaac has the leading role.
    Their Final Smash Move: Eclipse - A giant orange dragon is summoned and it flies above the world's atmosphere launching a beam attack from its mouth onto the arena below, engulfing the enemy in a giant explosion that covers the whole screen doing multiple hits of damage.
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Nominee: Ridley
    From What Series: Metroid
    Why: Ridley is a space pirate and one of the most wanted characters in Smash history. And he's super awesome. Obviously he would be scaled down in size.
    Their Final Smash Move: Meta Ridley: Transforms into Meta Ridley, a cybernetically enhanced version of Ridley and attacks, powering up all his attacks and giving him resistance to enemy attacks, similar to Giga Bowser but cooler.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • A new challenger approaches!

Spoiler:

Nominee: Amaterasu
    From What Series: Okami
    Why: Who doesn't want to play as a goddess? Plus it's some fun diversity. Aren't you tired of playing as bipedals? I know I am.
    Their Final Smash Move: Inferno. Like in Okami, this move will incinerate foes.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Nominee: Skull Kid
    From What Series: Legend of Zelda
    Why: Not only is Skull Kid an iconic Zelda character, but he's been one of the biggest desired newcomers to a Smash game. He not only could present a unique new addition, but bring in another baddie from the Zelda universe that isn't a semi-clone of Captain Falcon.
    Their Final Smash: Playing the Song of Storms, Skull Kid unleashes the fury of the Moon, which crash-lands on the battlefield, flinging opponents all over.
    Spoiler:

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Nominee: Elincia
    From What Series: Fire Emblem
    Why: She's my main character, and I feel like she's beast when she's on the defensive.
    Their Final Smash Move: Instead of attacking, she uses her Renewal skill, reducing her percentage by half.

Image:
    Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Warning! A New Challenger Approaches

Spoiler:

Nominee: Simon Belmont
    From What Series: Castlevania
    Why: Simon Belmont is one of those characters that would be an idea fit for Super Smash. Originating on the NES, Simon would have such a great arsenal of weapons to his disposal. Normal weapon would be his whip, UP + B would be the Axe, Side + B would be his Boomerang Cross, and Down + B would throw Holy Water at his feet. Similar to Link in style, Simon Belmont is an iconic symbol of Nintendo's past and would fit in perfectly alongside Mega Man and Little Mac.
    Their Final Smash: Once locked onto a foe, it goes into a cutscene where Simon initially uses the Holy Cross to blind his opponent, and then barrages him repeatedly with Vampire Killer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nominee: Protoman (BN Mode)
    From What Series: Megaman Battle Network
    Why: Is a very well-known Megaman character, and I personally feel that he would make a great representative for the series, right beside Megaman himself.
    Their Final Smash Move: Step Sword. This would function similarly to the in-game attack. Though, one difference would be is that it would allow you to lock onto the closest foe, with hundred-percent chance of landing hit.

I would have nominated Megaman instead (Battle Network version; not the one that's already in SSB), but one downside of it is, this person would be having much similarities to Samus. I'd imagine him to use his mega-buster quite often, which is more or less same as Samus' hand-weapon--can't really put my finger on what it was called--and so is his general body structure. I suppose same could be applied for Protoman, but he doesn't wield any type of gun, buster, nor launcher; this guy is all about swords, and if you ask me, it's one, major thing that makes him so unique and special. Been a fan of his for a decently long time, and still am!

Years
  • INCOMING CHALLENGER!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Nominee: Inkling
    Series: (Splatoon, 2014)

Why:
    I am a believer in the New Nintendo, so why not assist Splatoon, one of, if not the most promising new series that nintendo has introduced for the Wii U. I am a die-hard Nintendo afficiando, but the classic nintendo franchises can coexist, and actually thrive by diversifying with new series, that hopefully become an instant classic, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are good examples of how Smash has and will help promising series thrive as Nintendo seeks to expand its repertoire.

The inklings would have a unique design and fighting style, coming in a variety of high-saturation colors and styles as shown in the E3 Presentation. Having some more toony/animal-like characteristics will also help diversify the great proportional human characters introduced in this installment.

Moves?
    Spoiler:

Final Smash: Gooey Snare. Paint floods the stage making opponents sluggish and inkling with buffed power and speed can prey on the competition.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • We have eight spots left for nominations!

Please keep in mind that all dates for this Showdown are shortened to get us back on a monthly basis, rather than mid-month! Nominations will close on the 12th!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • A new challenger approaches!

Spoiler:

Nominee: Banjo and Kazooie
    From What Series: Banjo-Kazooie
    Why: Because it's Banjo-Kazooie and they made the N64 and they have a treasure chest full of special attacks they could use.
    Their Final Smash Move: Dragon Kazooie?

Oh hey, what a coincidence.... (;

I was going torn between whether or not to nominate him or Simon Belmont; I'm happy to see someone did, as I'm definitely voting for Banjo in this competition.

Years
  • Nominee: Funky Kong
    From What Series: Donkey Kong Series
    Why: Funky Kong was the best Kong! He had no stye, he had no grace, but the Kong definitely had a funny face. He looked so cool and he could definitely be a speedier version of DK, but more powerful than Diddy. I mean look at this Swag.
    Monthly Video Game Showdown - Dream Smash Bros. Newcomer! (Winner: Banjo & Kazooie!)

Their Final Smash Move: Hits them with his snowboard as a Homerun bat would when charged. Funky Smash
    Image:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Nominee: Phoenix Wright
    From what series:Ace Attorney
    Why: Megaman got in Smash... Why not give him some company from Capcom? All the Ace Attorney games have been released for DS, the first three are getting remasters for 3DS, he just appeared in Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton, and Ace Attorney 5 was a pretty big 3DS hit. On top of that, he's proven he can do a fighting game, since he was in a Marvel vs Capcom game. He's an iconic enough character that he deserves to be placed in this series. His close up attacks could be him slapping opponents with evidence; his ranged could be him hurling objections at his opponents, or using Von Karma's whip a la Samus's whip. In fact, he could possibly borrow iconic elements from a number of characters from his series, like Godot's visor/coffee, etc.
    Their Final Smash move: an ultimate Objection! that has him and Edgeworth pummel the victims with Objections! and Hold Its!, ending with the judge slamming the victim with his gavel. Works kinda like Ike's smash.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES:
    Spoiler:

Nominee:
    Maverick Hunter Zero
    From What Series: Megaman X/Zero series (Megaman Zero was only on GBA)
    Why: For one, Zero is awesome. Look at that long, blonde ponytail. So manly! Plus, he has almost no conversion, you can basically use his same controls from the Megaman X series and it would play just like Smash Bros right away! Just think about how hilarious it would be to pick up a laser sword while using him? The sheer irony coincidental circumstance! Obviously you have the signature three slashes he does in game, and the buster cannon like Megaman has, but it fires at a much slower rate so it's less useful than Megaman's, and can't be charged either which I think Samus can do. You can do a speed dash forward on the ground and air, in fact how about a downward dash with the sword out since not every battle command can be mapped to his canon attacks! I think he would be really fun, I mean he was in Marvel vs Capcom. >.>
    Their Final Smash Move: Zero becomes Zero Nightmare from Megaman X 5, making him harder to hit and all his attacks more powerful, with some cool improved looks for the attacks.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    New challenger appears!

Nominee: Kachi
    From What Series: Sin and Punishment [Star Successor]
    Why: She's the iconic hero(aside from Isa) in Sin and Punishment, the hardcore shooter, and I feel she's much more powerful when it comes to shooting, while Isa is better at Melee.
    Their Final Smash Move: She locks onto multiple targets and shoots them, blowing them into the air.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Because Klippy is nagging me...

Nominee: Vaati
    From What Series: The Legend of Zelda
    Why: He's one of the best villains in the Zelda history, probably ranking right below Ganon in series importance. And he's much cooler than Ganon, obv.
    Their Final Smash Move: He changes into his Vaati's Wrath form and rains down lightning on the entire field.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Ugh some of these matchups. Ugh.

Inkling
    Simon Belmont
    Amaterasu
    Protoman
    Isaac
    Ridley
    Skull Kid
    Funky Kong