• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Video Game Showdown - Dream Smash Bros. Newcomer! (Winner: Banjo & Kazooie!)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • Elincia
    Banjo & Kazooie
    Amaterasu
    Dixie Kong
    Isaac
    Ridley
    Vaati
    K.K. Slider

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Inkling - Interesting choice here, I like it.

Simon Belmont

Phoenix Wright - I mean, Amaterasu's the God of the Sun and daughter of Izanagi but...Phoenix is Phoenix. Though I would have loved to see someone suggest Godot or, probably more appropriately, Franziska von Karma (who's practically built to be a SSB character). Or maybe even Mask Demasque or the Steel Samurai.

Protoman

Maverick Hunter Zero vs Isaac - This is a tough one. I don't play Golden Sun, and I loved the hell out of the Zero games, but Isaac's character could very easily make for an interesting moveset. To the point where I almost feel as it'd be a disservice to take Zero over him. That said, for a sword user, Zero has a lot that would make him unique over someone like Link or Marth. He, much like Isaac, has the possibility for a bunch of different movesets and playstyles, able to keep himself as a versatile character without making him feel like Mega Man or any of the other Sword characters. In this sense, it's a tough call.

...But, I'm going to have to go with Isaac. I feel that he has more range and possibility for originality, not to mention that we already have an MM iteration in the game.

Kachi

Skull Kid - If only for his would be Final Smash.

K.K Slider

...Wow, no one nominated Lyn? No Neku either? Where am I?

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • One day left to vote in the first round, everyone! If you wanna vote, now's the time!

Inkling
    Banjo & Kazooie
    Amaterasu
    Dixie Kong
    Isaac
    Ridley
    Skull Kid
    K.K. Slider

Last edited:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Inkling
    Banjo & Kazooie
    Phoenix Wright (shame he got put up against Ammy, would love her in Smash as well)
    Protoman
    Isaac
    Kachi
    Skull Kid
    Totakeke (K.K. Slider)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Results are in and several of our matchups came down to tiebreaks, but they were settled with a deciding vote...

Second round voting may begin now and good luck again to our nominees!

Updated bracket here!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Banjo & Kazooie - Would be great as a replacement Ice Climbers.
    Amaterasu
    Isaac
    Skull Kid - Skull kid forever.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Banjo & Kazooie
    Protoman
    Ridley
    Skull Kid

Don't get me wrong, I love Okami; however, just trying to picture a four legged creature fighting in Super Smash Bros. just seem awkward to me. Arguments can most likely be made that Ivysaur would prove otherwise, but that's just my opinion. I'm rooting for Banjo now considering that was my second choice for this competition.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Oh.. I'm so dumb, are the Inklings from the Splatoon game? If so I'll vote for those and same as before: Ammy, Isaac, and Skull Kid! n_n

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Oh.. I'm so dumb, are the Inklings from the Splatoon game? If so I'll vote for those and same as before: Ammy, Isaac, and Skull Kid! n_n

Yeah, they are!

These are actually a bit harder than the first round.

Banjo & Kazooie
    Amaterasu
    Ridley
    Skull Kid

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From first row, my vote goes toward Banjo and Kazooie. I'm personally more familiar with them, so there, unfortunately, is a bit of bias-y here, but if we put that aside, I believe much of us could agree that these two are very vibrant and jolly characters, and would probably be more suitable as players of SSB (since, after all, this is how a majority of characters are portrayed--bright and colorful).

Second row, it's definitely Protoman. I've been a fan of his for an extremely long time, and still am. What, I believe, would make him a fun player is that he's seemingly a Samus-Link hybrid, and those who are fond of these two brawlers would likely enjoy playing as Protoman as well. Basically, he's the best of both worlds.

As for third and fourth, I don't know much things about those guys, unfortunately, but if I were to choose randomly, I think I'd select Isaac and Skull Kid.

Back