• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Boring City

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • There are a lot of towns that guarantee no interest to the player, but what about cities? What city did you just want to get away from because it's boring?

For me, Unova's Nacrene City. No games to play, and very unexciting music makes the town boring. At least it's fairly easy to get out of.

In contrast, Castelia City takes hours to get away from (especially in B/W when you first play the game, that's the boredom of such a big place), but it's a much more interesting city.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
    Years
  • Probably either Vermilion City or Viridian City; sure, they both have a gym, but other than that they're just really tiny and boring. There isn't really anything useful or interesting to do apart from the gyms. I suppose Pewter City could kind of qualify too; although it has the Museum, which has some value.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My least favorite would probably have to be Cherrygrove City. I also want to say Vermilion, but I personally found its theme to be quite soothing though, which made me really like it. The city's pretty small and there's nothing interesting for us to see, but... still. d:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think the second towns of most regions are pretty boring. Accumula, Oldale, Cheerygrove, Sandgem... Viridian City was interesting because of the closed gym.

Since this sounds like it's about the games, I will move it to PGC.

Years
  • Aside from what's been mentioned, I never really cared for Floaroma Town from the Sinnoh games. Flowers are nice and all, but there's not much aside from that. Except the grunts who must have sweet honey to attract Pokémon in great numbers.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I think mostly every starting city is weirdly designed. You just happen to live next to a good friend and there happens to be a Pokemon Lab right there, and yet, there isn't a PokeMart, PokeCenter, no nothing. Just feel like they could expand on that a lot more. Like the Professor is just doing research for some sort of Pokemon in the city you are in and he needs help, so you help him.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Most boring city according to me has to be viridian city.. nothing really to do apart from the gym which is much later on in the game

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • The boribg ciyt to me is Cerulean city as after you beat gym there is no point in returning until after hall of frame to get your Mewtwo from Unknown dungeon.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • -Jubilife City: For a town with a name based off of the word "jubilant", this place is awfully boring. Boring architecture and grey buildings make for a city that wouldn't look out of place in the Soviet Union.

-Viridian City: ...City? The biggest building in here is the gym.

-Hearthome City: Okay, so there's the Contest place, the church, and the Gym. Why does everything look so bland, though?

-Striaton City: It's just... there.

Years
  • I find Pastoria City in Sinnoh boring. There's the Safari Zone and that's about it, and even that's the least impressive Safari Zone I've seen in terms of Pokemon, although the train system is interesting. The same goes for everywhere B/W2 introduced.

I also agree wholeheartedly about the second towns in each game, save for Viridian City. Like, when's the last time you went to Oldale Town?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There aren't many Cities that I really find boring, all of them are different in their own way. However if I had to say one I think it would either be Viridian or Vermillion City, they just seem a little less vibrant than other cities.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • Celestic Town seems to me to be the most meaningless place that was just put there for its teeny piece of trivia and for little-to-none plot purposes. Absolutely nothing to do there, other than looking at murals.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • There is two towns that fit the description of topic; They are Solaceon Town in Sinnoh, which is nothing but a straight path and the day care, and Couriway Town in Kalos, which only has waterfalls and nothing else.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Celestic Town seems to me to be the most meaningless place that was just put there for its teeny piece of trivia and for little-to-none plot purposes. Absolutely nothing to do there, other than looking at murals.

I second that motion. The tiny bit of plot movement was boring even, and being next to route 210 (tall grass and fog) kind of made the entire experience even worse. I have a feeling that if the designers really wanted to they could have lumped the entirety of Celestic Town in with somewhere else or at least added something more content-wise to the area. I guess the point of it was to fill up space, not to be memorable. Mission success in that case.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Like Rika, I'm not a fan of the second town in the games. At least with the first town, it's where you (normally) get your starter, and it's where your journey begins. But then the towns next to them just serve as...what? I don't even know, really. They're just there. At least Kanto's second town has a purpose, but from games past that, they don't have a purpose.

Years
  • Oldale Town from RSE. I literally had to look up the name of it before writing this post because I couldn't remember what it was called. The only noteworthy event is the guy who blocks you becuase he's sketching some rare footprints but you later find out they're his own.... *slowclap*

Back