• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most worthless 4 gen feature

DannyB01

Shiny Hoarder!
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    The counter app! Pretty much apps altogether if it weren't for RNG abuse, i can see why they did away with them in HGSS :D

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I would have to say The Contests.
    well they would have been fine without the dressing up your pokemon round and dancing round!
    so yeah,I think that they should have stuck with R/S/E way of Contests.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Defog. Why would they kill off a great, fun HM such as Dive for a boring waste of a move. I also hated Super Contests. I'm only going to do more so I can give my Pokemon massages at the ribbon syndicate.

~Prof. W.

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • Defog was annoying, it was almost like an outdoor version of Flash.
    Several of the apps, like most people have said, also had little or no real use. I would have liked it if they had combined the Berry Map and Mark Map, then I could see berries and running pokemon at the same time instead of switching.
    I disliked that they changed the way moves worked in Super Contests, I wouldn't have minded the dancing and dressing-up so much if it meant the show part of the contest was still fun but I think they ruined it by reducing the number of different effects.

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    Poffins, the new contest system, Defog(much preferred Dive, going underwater was cool), and the lack of above ground Secret Bases. I remember mixing records with a bunch of friends, so we could count as 'seeing' their version exclusive Legendaries, and get some pretty good experience points for it. Now we get underground secret bases where we can't battle. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Something I hated was the fact that surfing took a super long time compared to RSE.

CAmerenc

Prof. Fire/Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • Defog, I found that utterly annoying, they just had to take out dive, and make Defog.

OMG I know Dive on D/P/PT would've been amazing! especially with all of the variety of underwater pokemon that you could catch.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Defog and Poffins were appalling.

I'd mastered getting pokeblocks with the old man on Emerald by '07. Glad you can buy f'in poffins in Platinum.

Defog is retarded. Dive and Whirlpool are way better

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Either Defog or the Pokéwalker. I mean seriously, my copy of Pearl survived a year and a half sitting in my backyard and the Pokéwalker couldn't take a run in the wash. And frankly, Defog is useless if you have any sort of directions on hand.

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
  • In all honestly, Poketch and Contests. I never really did the contests, though I might eventually if I get bored to get the trainer star. The poketch I never used either, it was always on the digital time app.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
    Years
  • pokemon only evolving by certain location.(like magneton only being able to evolve in Sinnho and not in Johto!!!

Back