• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mouse or touchpad?

Years
Simple question!

When using a laptop (or even a desktop on certain occasions), do you prefer to move the cursor with a mouse or a touchpad? Which do you feel is easier to use? What are some tasks you might think that one works easier than the other?

TY

Mouse, I have cursed touchpads to the end of the world since they always work against me.

Years
Mouse, they're more accurate and responsive. I also prefer them when playing any game. I usually just hook one up to my laptop when I'm playing a game.

string555

Banned
Years
Touchpad for everything besides playing a game, definitely mouse for games, especially fps games. Have you ever tried to play an fps with a touchpad? It just doesn't work for that... :X

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Mouse, its easier to control while touchpads may have confusing button (where the buttons are bundles in the touchpad to right click id hard) and 2 buttons

Years
Because whenever I am on my laptop, I am also on my bed, I use the touchpad.

Not that there's anything wrong with it i think; I've gotten by using it for years without much hindrance. No real need for a mouse.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Mouse all the way, I feel more comfortable with it, but I'm fine with touchpadsas well in some occasions where I can't use a mouse.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
I like trackball mice most (it's what I use on my desktop PC), although I do use the touchpad on my laptop over using an external mouse because it's an older laptop, and it's already stupidly big and weighs 3kg without carrying an external mouse/trackball as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
The touchpad was the first thing that died when I last opened my laptop to clean it. Not that I miss it. At the same time, what am I even saying?

Clearly, it's the keyboard! In the time I moved the mouse over from one side of the screen to the other I already hit a shortcut and got what I wanted.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
The touchpad was the first thing that died when I last opened my laptop to clean it. Not that I miss it. At the same time, what am I even saying?

Clearly, it's the keyboard! In the time I moved the mouse over from one side of the screen to the other I already hit a shortcut and got what I wanted.

I have my PC set up that I don't even need a mouse to do most things. I can manage everything just from the keyboard.

Guest123_x1

Mouse, hands down. While a touchpad is ok in some situations, there's certain things that I do (such as outlining artwork) that require the more precise control afforded by a mouse.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I do prefer having a mouse, for reasons that have already been mentioned. However, as I don't game on my laptops, I'm fine with using the trackpad in most cases. I just hate it when they're unresponsive, laggy, and/or are too far forward. It's also very annoying when the left and right click buttons are not easily distinguishable from the actual pad...

Last edited:
Years
I really like using my touchscreen to scroll down pages and for reading. For playing games on the laptop, I prefer the mouse, since I worry about destroying my touchpad. And for everything else, I use the touchpad.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Trackpad. I do love using a mouse, but I feel like carrying one around is clunky in both that I need to carry around separate hardware and also find space to use it when I'm outside. A trackpad is just simpler.

However, if I'm going to be doing and photo or video editing, then I have to use a mouse. No way I'm using a trackpad for that.

Back