• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My little osito!

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Simple question, really. Do you have any nicknames, be it online or in real life?

Personally, the name everyone knows me by, Dipu, is a nickname. I never liked my real name since it's so freaking common. Take a guess as to what it is. Hint: I'm brown.

Also, if you're wondering why the weird title, osito is another nickname of mine, though only one person ever calls me that. She really thinks of me as a little bear, I think. Secretly, I love it. =D

Years
  • Well my full name is Kaitlyn, so Katie is really a nickname. Sometimes people will refer to me as KT, be it online or like in a text or something. Although I wouldn't technically count that as a nickname, because it's phonetically the same as Katie.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • In high school people started calling me Corey Dang... I dunno why but that was a thing back then. It stuck with my friends though. They still identify me that way. Beyond that, no one calls me anything besides Corey.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    My main nickname irl and online would have to be Ven since the definition of the word itself not only suits me due to me being fast like the wind but it's also an old gamertag of mine that I ended up affiliating myself with the most a few years back and happened to stick to me to this day.

Ayselipera

The only nicknames I have are just variants of my real name... Mallokee, Mal, Malz, Mal Mal, Mallow, Mallor, Mow, Mowee I'm sure there are others.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Um I kinda had lots of nicknames but they came and went as time went by The main one would be Diablo as people here in PC already know. Sometimes Friends call me DDA Diablo (I really don/t know why). but yeah

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I only have one, and it's droomph.

Technically my name (Shane) is a nickname (real name is Xinyu) because I get tired of people saying "KKKKKSSSSSKSKSKSSINNNGGGGYOOOUUUU??????!?!?!" instead of the real pronunciation ("Shinyoo") so yeah. and stuff

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I was nicknamed Squirrel by my parents some time right after I was born. I'm not kidding. Apparently I did some thing with my arms that made me look like a squirrel. And to this day, they, along with several other people, still call me that.

I mean, I've been called several things, but I can't think of a single other thing that stuck. I used to hate the nickname too, but now I kind of like it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    'Ozzy' is the nickname I've pretty much always had. It originated way back when my best friend was a girl called Tabby and we were doing a project on the JFK assassination and somehow she ended up calling me (Lee Harvey) Oswald by mistake, which she carried on for a few weeks because she thought it was funny and the name was cool, and then it got shorted to 'Ozald' because she said, and I quote, "you shouldn't like W's they make you sound gay-er than normal Ozald", and then that just sounded rubbish to say so it became 'Ozzy' instead. Then she and the rest of my friends called me that throughout the whole of that year with the whole school and even my family following suit, and since I actually love how that name sounds I made sure to keep it for future schools and for online stuff like this c: So I've had the name for about 5 years now and it'd be horrible to lose it since it's pretty much who I am. xD Personally I think of myself as 'Ozzy' rather than 'Alex' too, so yeah, it really stuck haha. I do still get called Alex by a few people though, they always tend to be my closest friends for some reason. o3o And I also have a couple other nicknames like 'OzCake' from Megan and 'Skittz' from Jelli, but 'Ozzy' is by far the main one. :3

tldr; hi I'm Ozzy

Years
  • I have a few nicknames here, but Hikari is the most common. Most people don't often include the 10 but it is there for a reason.

Ever since joining PC they have been referring to me as Hikari.

There are a few variations (Kari, Hickaree, HK, Hihihikari) but they don't often get used.

Never often got nicknames relating to my real name so yeah, when I'm online I literally call myself Hikari cos I love having Japanese-inspired nicknames.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well I go by Anna which is technically a nickname... idk I feel like it's more who I am than my proper name anyway- which is 'Savannah' if you didn't know. I hate my proper name and always have. It's not really me at all and people spell it wrong and it's annoying. So when I started meeting people online I went by Anna because it's simple and pretty common and close-ish to my proper name. And it's stuck. For the last eight years I've been going by Anna online and am now starting to go by it offline. It's just... better. More me. I don't care that it's common. I'm common haha. I don't want to stand out much. So yeah.

Uh yeah Anna's a nickname. But it doesn't matter; it's who I am.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My mother always used to call me "Boozie" as a child. Not sure why, apparently my aunt made it up (note, the 'oo' sound is the same as found in the word 'book', and therefore there are no alcoholic connotations to this nickname :P)

My best friend calls me "Fatty" which is a nickname she gave me back when I was fat, and it's stuck since even though I am no longer lol. I should really stop answering to that one haha, but I guess it works for us!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The only nickname I really have is Nick. Really boring, isn't it? I wish I had a more original and creative nickname that isn't derived from my name, but nicknames are other people's jobs at handing out. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • There's quite a few nicknames I've had. But the two most common ones are Megan and Ani. Megan, well most of you know it's history so I won't explain it. Ani is an irl nickname my friends call me, a friend of mine donned the name "Anistorm" during junior year of high school, and my classmates referred to me as Ani instead of my full name. It was easier than my super common name.

Years
  • THE OVERLORD!

I don't really know how I came up with it but I think it's got something to do with when I was playing Disgaea with Overlord Laharl and I probably was just like, "I want to be an Overlord too!" It shot off on the internet when I was on another forum known as DuelistGroundz and everyone was making these "ask me anything" topics so I made one and titled it "Ask the Overlord anything". At first I just got bashed by the other members and then the site owner and I had a little showdown that went like this.

"What made you think referring to yourself as the overlord was a good idea?"
    "I never thought it would be a good idea. Nor did I think it would be a bad idea. I refer to myself in that manner because I believe the title suits me."
    "How does the title suit you?"
    "Because of the way I dress, my demeanor, the way I interact with people and the fact that a lot of people who know me, agree that I have qualities which make me suited to be an Overlord."

That was like the winning post for me though and one of the well known members wanted me to post a picture up so I posted this one;

Spoiler:

And then yeah, it kinda caught on from there lol. I'm renowned for my focus on darkness and dragons so I'm sometimes referred to as a Dark Lord / Dragon Master too.

I've had other nicknames in the past but they are far less interesting and didn't really stick at all so.

Years
  • Well in my family, my brother and male cousins call me baby because I'm the youngest between all of as and when my mother brought me home my 1 1/2 year yelled baby so everyone started calling me baby. My oldest brother as call me moto from the tmobile thing that goes like "moto." My mom call m ethe cutest names like stinkerbelle, boo boo bear, and angel. My dad calls me princess, because I'm spoiled. And my grandma calls me senny.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Eh, my real name is actually Oliver, though throughout pretty much my whole life I've been called Olli. I think my mom actually got it from a song at first, though mostly everyone else just find it as a faster way of saying my name, so yeah. It's pretty much what everyone calls me, both online and IRL.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • I have only one nickname that's related to my real name, and it's AJ. I don't look a Jim, so the first initial of my first and middle name ended up being the only nickname I have (and only my parents use it).

As for anything else, the only nickname I've acquired was Zero during ninth grade. My small group of friends compared me to Zero from Code Geass, and just said they kept thinking of me like Zero from Vampire Knight whenever they saw me. (Even now, I still have no idea how they got that.)

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • Shi, shortened from my name Shilotta. It's the most used.

Toad calls me Nuna love. because he loves Korean stuff, and is Brit.

Kurui is my stage name for singing and alot of my forum handles.

Nightshade is another name I go by.

Terrorofdeath (or TOD) is a very common name from my past that some still call me today.

KAG (Kawaii anime girl) was a name given to me by someone before and it stuck.

Maddy/Maddie was a nickname my ex gave me and that many people call me. "My maddy" x3

PIM is another forum name I used to go by.

Kuji also. Some call me Mistress Kuji or Master Kuji.

And theres probably upwards of 50 more and I'm too lazy to type them.

Back